Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Snap drum machine available now!

2»

Comments

• I like it. No idea what the magnet does yet, but the simplicity of pattern to pattern design makes this something I can come up with the shape of, say, an evolving bassline very, I dunno, organically....pleased to hear the dev is on it (@Zen210507) because with more bits and pieces it could be a first pager. It seems to have the thing which the best do; form and immediate function....

• @JohnnyGoodyear - the magnet appears to let you drag the drm column up to temporarily increase the number of hits. Nice feature.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @lukesleepwalker Is your beta version still working? Mine is acting strangely since the official release and I can't 'buy' the free app at this time.

Seems to be working fine for me.

• @lukesleepwalker Thanks for getting back to me, I rebooted my iPad and all is well again :)

• edited November 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I like it. No idea what the magnet does yet, but the simplicity of pattern to pattern design makes this something I can come up with the shape of, say, an evolving bassline very, I dunno, organically....pleased to hear the dev is on it (@Zen210507) because with more bits and pieces it could be a first pager. It seems to have the thing which the best do; form and immediate function....

The magnet will lock the pattern (including muted tracks), this allows for subtle or extreme changes (use 8 fingers!) which also can be played in by swiftly tapping on the faders. It's very responsive!

• @ALB said:
    I like the interface, but this is lacking a fair amount of functionality - no tuning/modification of the drum sounds (not that I can find anyway), no sample import, no AB or AUM. Just to get midi and preset saving costs $8. Disappointing, quite frankly. Really don’t think paying IAPs for AB or AUM is justified.

This!

• @ALB @BlueGreenSpiral Thanks for your tips. Look forward to having a blunder about. Really enjoying running Module through this and coming up with very clumsy left-hand boogie-woogie patterns....

• There is a link to the manual up now. http://reactable.com/snap/

The integration with Maschine Jam is deeper than I thought from the short video!

• Forgive my utter inability to intuitively understand but what simple but vital thing do THESE things do?

• edited November 2017

They change the grid and swing settings so you get more notes by selecting the lower ones in my experience. Definitely nice to set up some of the faders with different settings!

I should mention that it doesn't change existing notes until you move the faders.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Forgive my utter inability to intuitively understand but what simple but vital thing do THESE things do?

My guess is they change the way the notes fill in when you drag the fader up. More syncopated, or more evenly spaced, etc.

• This app is immediately a ton of fun. Good for live jamming with easy variations by way of the sliders and magnets. I am going to wait on the IAPs for now though. Maybe a sale will come soon, and I have Odessa to keep me happily occupied for now.
    But Snap is really fun. Try it out for free!

• @ALB said:
    I like the interface, but this is lacking a fair amount of functionality - no tuning/modification of the drum sounds (not that I can find anyway), no sample import, no AB or AUM. Just to get midi and preset saving costs $8. Disappointing, quite frankly. Really don’t think paying IAPs for AB or AUM is justified.

Yes- it's a strange one. It is good fun and well designed and all the rest of it- but it is always going to feel lacking in a creative sense without the basic functionality. I seem to feel a small empty space in the back of my head when I am playing around with it.

• I would have preferred a single payment to unlock everything as well. I am surprised that audiobus isn't already in there, state saving would be great to have along with midi file export.

• So how do you get it to work with Maschine Jam?
    Loading the template seem to ‘freeze’ Jam....

• Don't have Maschine Jam @RajahP

Did you connect the app and setup the midi before loading the template?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Don't have Maschine Jam @RajahP

Just did... No luck... Hopefully, the developer will show up...

Thanks..

• @RajahP said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Don't have Maschine Jam @RajahP

Just did... No luck... Hopefully, the developer will show up...

Developer is aware of this discussion.

• @CracklePot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Forgive my utter inability to intuitively understand but what simple but vital thing do THESE things do?

My guess is they change the way the notes fill in when you drag the fader up. More syncopated, or more evenly spaced, etc.

OK. Will have a fiddle. Seems like a lot of screen space for that, but not complaining, fun thing that I am hopeful will nudge a long just a little further...

• @robosardine said:

@ALB said:

Yes- it's a strange one. It is good fun and well designed and all the rest of it- but it is always going to feel lacking in a creative sense without the basic functionality. I seem to feel a small empty space in the back of my head when I am playing around with it.

I've discovered that I can live with a small empty space at the back of my head quite happily- my wife says I've had one for years anyway. You need to give this drum machine a whirl though- it is different and good.

• @robosardine said:

@robosardine said:

@ALB said:

I've discovered that I can live with a small empty space at the back of my head quite happily- my wife says I've had one for years anyway. You need to give this drum machine a whirl though- it is different and good.

:)

Not a bad app for version 1...

• Cool thanks. Looks like it had maschine jam in mind.

• Hi does anyone still using this? with Maschine jam? in ableton? having trouble getting it to work now,

• Good app, is there a way to adjust volume of individual parts ?