Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Snap drum machine available now!

Comments

• Hey, it's free so I just have to at least give it a look see. Thanks.

• Love this app, can't believe it's free!

• Tried it and deleted already it is very nice for free but nothing I would purchase. If you own others you probably won't need this.

• edited November 2017

Best way to use the this one in my experience is to draw in notes until you get 8 patterns you like, don't use the faders just yet. Now enable the magnet and you can add fills with the faders and multiple mutes with ease and the instant you release the pattern returns to normal. The individual faders have 4 quantise settings which allows more complex and repeatable setups.

Looking forward to trying the midi out.

• edited November 2017

I was playing the beta previously. It has some nice things going on here when you use midi out, didn't really try the internal sounds. Hoping that AUv3 with midi out and midi learn come along.

It's compatible with Maschine JAM but I can't seem to find which midi bindings it has so you can use it with other controllers.

• can you send midi out and record drum grooves live to midi ?

• @Hansson said:
    can you send midi out and record drum grooves live to midi ?

I just tried this with the hangdrum kit driving Nave, works perfectly although it probably wasn't designed for this purpose! I mention the hangdrum kit since you can see the note names instead of kick/snare etc

Wish there was a way of selecting which midi notes are available on the tracks.

• ALBALB
    edited November 2017

I'm trying to purchase the IAP midi functionality - it just spins and spins... Maybe an app store problem.

• @ALB said:
    I'm trying to purchase the IAP midi functionality - it just spins and spins... Maybe an app store problem.

Can’t get to purchase either..

Videos please.. Wanna see it ‘Maschine Jam’ .. that would be great..

• Ok, looks interesting..

• @RajahP said:
    Ok, looks interesting..

Maschine support on an iOS app ?
    Why would anybody want to use hardware that has to be plugged in to a desktop/laptop computer just to work, kind of defeats the point doesn't it ?

• @Samplemunch said:

@RajahP said:
    Ok, looks interesting..

Maschine support on an iOS app ?
    Why would anybody want to use hardware that has to be plugged in to a desktop/laptop computer just to work, kind of defeats the point doesn't it ?

Actually. it's in reverse... Using the iPad to control Maschine (touch)... waiting for more info, since we cannot get the MIDI IAP to purchase, yet.

It seems like a brilliant step forward...

Reach out and touch.

• That video shows Maschine controlling Snap ?

• @Samplemunch said:
    That video shows Maschine controlling Snap ?

Well. I am having a blast syncing this to Maschine (Ableton Link) and can imagine the possibilities recording all my 'moves' on this thing...
    I would think that Snap would control Jam (Maschine) also...

• Anyone knows the price for the MIDI IAP? If it does indeed exist.

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Anyone knows the price for the MIDI IAP? If it does indeed exist.

There was an issue with the IAP store in beta. It looked as if it’d been resolved but maybe not quite.

I told the dev about this thread and they’re looking into it. During beta, each IAP showed $3.99 but I don’t know what they settled on for launch.

It’s midi in/out & bluetooth as well

• @skiphunt said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

There was an issue with the IAP store in beta. It looked as if it’d been resolved but maybe not quite.

I told the dev about this thread and they’re looking into it. During beta, each IAP showed $3.99 but I don’t know what they settled on for launch.

Any ideas as to how many and what the IAPS are? May I assume that midi functionality and user presets are separate?

• @skiphunt said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

It may be the Appstore. Gadget update has similar issue with IAP of the new gadgets.

• There were two separate in app purchases during the beta, not sure if this is still the case.

• This is great. I would very happily purchase more functionality (pitch control/ more kits/ import sounds etc) should they ever become available. It's instantly fun and more appealing than many a drum machine I have.

• @ALB said:

@skiphunt said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

Any ideas as to how many and what the IAPS are? May I assume that midi functionality and user presets are separate?

Yes, there were 2 at beta. Not sure what they settled on for launch. 1 for midi & 1 for save.

They tell me user sample import is definitely on the roadmap, and they’re looking into expanding the midi connectivity too.

I’d double check but I’m at a coffee shop without my iPad at the moment.

The IAP issues are most likely related to the App Store. They worked fine in beta but they hit a minor snag when they didn’t have a restore purchases button.

I trust they’re on it though.

• @skiphunt - Thanks for confirming.

• edited November 2017

Very encouraging start. IAP no problem today. Easy to use and liking the bars per hits display.

Midi out is working nicely. Except for SampleTank. Some kind of interference going on. But this would seem to be a SampleTank problem since latest IOS update, nothing to to with Snap.

• snap is awesome!

• The Maschine Jam integration is an interesting choice, can't imagine many people own these compared to launchpad, apc 40, nanokontrol or Push. Really hope the promise of supporting other controllers in the future works out!

Has anyone found velocity or volume controls on the tracks? It seems like it should be in there somewhere...

• I was dubious when I started the beta test, as I don't think we really need another drum machine app. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised by how fun and playable this app is. It has the simplicity and immediacy that is the hallmark of many killer iOS music apps--I hope they continue to bring this along because it has possibilities.

• @lukesleepwalker Is your beta version still working? Mine is acting strangely since the official release and I can't 'buy' the free app at this time.

• edited November 2017

Pros -

This is a very nice, very useable app, with fun and useful features, a couple of clever innovations, and bags of potential. Swing is located via the metronome, but still good it was included at version one. Along with Link, and Midi in/ out. The latter, especially, is really good in use, if a little buggy at the moment. Support is fast and the devs seem very keen to do a good job,

Cons -

Split IAP. One for the Midi out, and a separate purchase if you want to save anything. Total price around £8 which is okay, and any dev is entitled to price as they wish, but in such a competitive market, I think that will put off some potential customers.

No IAA, AB or AU. At least one of the three should have been present at launch. Hopefully these will be in a future update. But if they come as an IAP, at the current pricing, then Snap will cost around £12 for full functionality. Considering what can be bought for £9.99 - Odessa, for example, the lesser figure might well be the sweet spot.

• I like the interface, but this is lacking a fair amount of functionality - no tuning/modification of the drum sounds (not that I can find anyway), no sample import, no AB or AUM. Just to get midi and preset saving costs $8. Disappointing, quite frankly. Really don’t think paying IAPs for AB or AUM is justified.