Groovebox for iOS // Build bigger Ideas with Sections (v1.6)

Hey All,

We've just released a big update for Groovebox on iPad and iPhone that now lets you build bigger ideas using Sections.

Use instruments and patterns to make ideas, then start to structure your track by adding, moving and deleting sections with a swipe of your finger. On iPad a full screen section view shows you all your sounds. On iPhone a simpler section view shows you just what you need without cluttering up your screen.

We've created some tutorials, one for iPhone and one for iPad. The features works in a different way on each device.

Groovebox Sections Tutorials

We hope you like it.

Get Groovebox here

// The Ampify Team

«13

Comments

  • Excellent, thanks!

  • Amazing!! Keeps getting better and better! Thanks.

  • edited October 12

    When will this hit the updates?started waiting now.

  • And the train keeps on a rollin'
    :)

  • @Tritonman said:
    When will this hit the updates?started waiting now.

    I see it. In iOS 11app Store, pull down to refresh updates.

  • edited October 12

    We've released it -- it's now down to the Apple gods! Should be over the next 30 minutes. Here is an example of what's possible:

    https://vimeo.com/237547947

  • YES. Thanks, thanks, thanks. I'll buy another soundpack or two in appreciation.

  • Great !!!
    Last night dream about this..
    (Please add iCloud SYNC)

  • Key changes per section please?

  • Great, it's downloading now!

  • Got it!!! This is huge! Thanks guys!!!
    Will update AppStore review. Guys don’t forget the AppStore reviews help the Devs a lot.

  • Woohoo. Awaeomse @AmpifyxNovation thanks for all the hard work.

  • They do indeed! Thanks MM4C.

    @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Got it!!! This is huge! Thanks guys!!!
    Will update AppStore review. Guys don’t forget the AppStore reviews help the Devs a lot.

  • Use @Navichord to send the Key changes to each module. I guess one at a time since it’s not multitimbral but at least Navichord will let you pre program your chord progressions!

    This is so awesome as I really love the sound of these modules!

    @Tritonman said:
    Key changes per section please?

  • @Tritonman said:
    Key changes per section please?

    Would this be possible for a future update?

  • @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Use @Navichord to send the Key changes to each module. I guess one at a time since it’s not multitimbral but at least Navichord will let you pre program your chord progressions!

    This is so awesome as I really love the sound of these modules!

    @Tritonman said:
    Key changes per section please?

    Just reinstalled navichord and I love it. Great idea and I'll give it a go later. Would still really like to have the changes in sections though.

  • It is possible. But I'm just checking, do you mean chord inversion shifting (I to V) or true key changing (Cm > Gm)?
    // M

    @Tritonman said:

    @Tritonman said:
    Key changes per section please?

    Would this be possible for a future update?

  • True changing I think? , it would turn sections into a full song mode then.

  • Just like when you change the key now with the tuning fork but the ability to do it by section.

  • @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Use @Navichord to send the Key changes to each module. I guess one at a time since it’s not multitimbral but at least Navichord will let you pre program your chord progressions!

    This is so awesome as I really love the sound of these modules!

    @Tritonman said:
    Key changes per section please?

    Hell yes, the sounds are way better than I'd have thought originally! A very inspirational app.

  • HUZZAH with extra brilliant etc.

  • edited October 12

    Well well well. This IS something. Thank you @AmpifyxNovation! Now get to work on that automation ; ;)

  • @Tritonman said:
    True changing I think?

    On average how frequently would you expect to change key in a song ? How many bars between key changes ?

  • This is screaming for launchpad control...

  • I don’t think we really change keys, i think he might have said about changing chords. That’s why i pointed him to Navichord as you can get an awesome chord progression going in song mode and send that over to Groovebox via midi on a per section basis. Since Groovebox doesn’t currently allow for receive on separate midi channels, it makes it a bit difficult but no impossible, just have to do one module at a time, for Bass and pads.
    But it is a HUGE!!! step forward and I am so thankful to the awesome devs for listening to us for this request that now is a reality!

    @AmpifyxNovation any Acoustic Bass patterns in the making? With the Acoustic drums packs i’m Really excited and waiting for some Bass ones. I know that a lot is for EDM or other genres but for contemporary rock, gospel, we need more acoustic stuff.

    Please make an Electric guitar & acoustic Guitar module! Sold instabuy!!!

  • Key changes like Chordflow does it would be amazing.

  • Music man is correct, chord changes, I humbly apologize for the confusion.

  • Yeah, the only biggest request right now, would be to allow the musician to change the chords in real time of the playing patterns. I think thats what Tritonman wants and i want that too.

    We can send Chord progression per module from Navichord, but that would force you to delete the pattern. THis is my only and biggest gripe. I don’t know how they could pull this off, but if they do, oh man, i this would be sooooo HUGE!

    @AmpifyxNovation can this be possible someday?

  • @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Yeah, the only biggest request right now, would be to allow the musician to change the chords in real time of the playing patterns. I think thats what Tritonman wants and i want that too.

    We can send Chord progression per module from Navichord, but that would force you to delete the pattern. THis is my only and biggest gripe. I don’t know how they could pull this off, but if they do, oh man, i this would be sooooo HUGE!

    @AmpifyxNovation can this be possible someday?

Sign In or Register to comment.