Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox for iOS // Build bigger Ideas with Sections (v1.6)

13»

Comments

• edited October 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am I missing something here? Is there are a way to tell the 'sections' to only start playing when the current one ends, rather than it jumping in right away?

Hopefully they'll provide an update to fix this (and give us MIDI CC in :))

• Thanks chaps...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am I missing something here? Is there are a way to tell the 'sections' to only start playing when the current one ends, rather than it jumping in right away?

It's what would make it perfect. Same thing in Blocs Wave, right?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Yes, there's just a few little bits of business that would really make this a songwriter....still is, just requires the start/stop of export and fiddling...

• edited October 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

It's not like the devs of Launchpad are unaware on how to do that! ;)

I'm sure there's probably some code complexity to overcome but hopefully it's on their 'Feature-Requests-that-are-possible-to-implement-To-Do-List'. :p

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

They need to fix this. It's really not all that useful as-is.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

It's not like the devs of Launchpad are unaware on how to do that! ;)

I'm sure there's probably some code complexity to overcome but hopefully it's on their 'Feature-Requests-that-are-possible-to-implement-To-Do-List'. :p

Maybe the intended workflow is to then pass it along to Launchpad?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I agree!

• edited October 2017

@anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

They need to fix this. It's really not all that useful as-is.

It's like one of those "how fast can you react" games when trying to start another section in time perfectly.
    I'm remarkably bad at it.

• Wait so there's no way to output a sequence of sections as audio?

• Is it just me that likes the fact that you can switch the sections at anytime you like ?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Is it just me that likes the fact that you can switch the sections at anytime you like ?

Apparently it is just you. Enjoy!

• edited October 2017

@AndyPlankton said:
    Is it just me that likes the fact that you can switch the sections at anytime you like?

Nope, I like it. But I would also like a way to queue a section to start playing at the end of the current section. There’s also a little lag to the current implementation that makes it hard to get clean transitions.

Possible solution - A little button at the top that selects between:

• transition at end of section
    • transition at and of bar
    • transition at next beat
  • edited October 2017

Follow actions for the cells, or triggering rules would be sweet of course.
    Meantime this (iPhone version, song sections update) is winner for Most Hilariously Cool Place To Originate An Ableton Live Project.
    Which til now was a tie between iKaossilator and TriqTraq

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Is it just me that likes the fact that you can switch the sections at anytime you like ?

That’s cos your weird Andy ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

That’s cos your weird Andy ;)

Actually I like it too on occasion, well when I used to use them

• edited October 2017

@SpookyZoo said:
    @AmpifyxNovation Is there a plan to export scenes to Launchpad, ala BlocsWave in future? cheers.

That would be amazing.

• @TheMediocritist said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @AmpifyxNovation Is there a plan to export scenes to Launchpad, ala BlocsWave in future? cheers.

That would be amazing.

The most coherent path as these apps are working nowadays should be export into blocs and then later into launchpad. In other way... How it could be possible to merge groovebox projects with Blocswave projects and “edit in” feature? It will be amazing Launchpad add synth channels but the 8x8 grid makes more coherent add first subgroup mixing inside groovebox export into Blocs etc etc.
    ATM this workflow is doable with Alink... being another option Ableton export for those who want to mix both kind of projects (Groovebox and Blocswave) in one editable session but again it will be required dedicated instruments on the Ableton side to match the sound.

I sad this before but I see Groovebox as sample library feeder for Blocs, aside it’s obviously a wonderful standalone tool by itself. I will love to see it growing into more arranger/workstation features like realtime chord transpossing, midi out and Au host, quantized playlist launch and so on. IDK if users will see it as “cheesy” even is an alive market with new proposals from Roland/Korg merging similar features (borrowed from Ableton/Traktor/Maschine) trying to these concepts into actual Electronica genre.

• @Dubbylabby How are you piping Groovebox into BlocsWave? AUM?

• @Dubbylabby said:

@TheMediocritist said:

@SpookyZoo said:

That would be amazing.

The most coherent path as these apps are working nowadays should be export into blocs and then later into launchpad. In other way... How it could be possible to merge groovebox projects with Blocswave projects and “edit in” feature?

Not quite sure what you’re getting at. Probably just a different workflow.

I don’t have any use for Blocs Wave. Before the update, I exported loops from Groovebox, imported them into Launchpad. I’ll continue to do this, it would just be great to do it in a more straightforward way, like how Blocs <-> Launchpad works.

• edited October 2017

@SpookyZoo said:
    @Dubbylabby How are you piping Groovebox into BlocsWave? AUM?

AB3 and recording round by round for each layer.

@TheMediocritist said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@TheMediocritist said:

@SpookyZoo said:

That would be amazing.

The most coherent path as these apps are working nowadays should be export into blocs and then later into launchpad. In other way... How it could be possible to merge groovebox projects with Blocswave projects and “edit in” feature?

Not quite sure what you’re getting at. Probably just a different workflow.

I don’t have any use for Blocs Wave. Before the update, I exported loops from Groovebox, imported them into Launchpad. I’ll continue to do this, it would just be great to do it in a more straightforward way, like how Blocs <-> Launchpad works.

I have also Launchpad sample import IAP but BlocsWave make it a bit redundant since it could record and do the Launchpad export without any IAP. Blocs could been seen as Groovebox/Launchpad audio editor (in the opposite to library feeder I’ve described before). As ecosystem makes sense and users like me can get more interest with the midi and scenes updates and probably will go for the IAPs in some moment in the future.

What could make Blocs more interesting from your workflow POV?
    Maybe @AmpifyxNovation has some new surprises to all of us :smiley:

Another possibility is to add support for launch controllers into groovebox and some audio fx into the mixer page (multiple outputs will be better but I don’t expect it)
    :wink:

• @TheMediocritist said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Is it just me that likes the fact that you can switch the sections at anytime you like?

Nope, I like it. But I would also like a way to queue a section to start playing at the end of the current section. There’s also a little lag to the current implementation that makes it hard to get clean transitions.

Possible solution - A little button at the top that selects between:

• transition at end of section
    • transition at and of bar
    • transition at next beat

Dito, @AmpifyxNovation

• edited October 2017

Honestly I think it's pretty terrible that the sections cannot be made to play sequentially in addition to launching them. I wonder if a feature will ever come out for this app fully cooked. Probably not. Where is panning? Where is saving user presets on these full programmable synths? Maybe one day the slow trickle will be over and we'll have before us a fully realized idea. Not holding my breath.

I mean ideally you have a thing come out, and maybe it doesn't do everything under the sun, that's perfectly fine and understandable, but it still feels complete for what it is trying to do. But here we are and I'm still looking at this inaccessible, greyed out option for 16 bar patterns for example.