Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPhone

Comments

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    I would pay extra money for a model WITHOUT getting face recognition.

George_Orwell

See it as your personal trainer.In a not too distant future all cams on the streets will be replaced with this crap.Terrorists everywhere,u know :wink:

• @High5denied said:

@supanorton said:
    I'm buying two: one for music and one for everyday use. I may get a third for formal events.

Ya, I had to rethink what I posted, and I am going to do that as well. I'm gonna go with 4 total though. I need one for work as well. Then, I will be set!

You're right. At these prices, why not go with four?

• I'd never pay $1000+ for a phone. The fuckin' thing will be as worthless as a brick in 5 years. I'd much rather spend that money on something that will still hold it's value.

• edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My iOS adventure ends with the iPhone6.

• I'll probably get one eventually, not sure if I want to jump right in off the bat on this one though. Some pretty cool tech there, I'm interesting to see where all this AR is headed in the music making realm.

• @tja said:

@Looping_Loddar said:

Is it so that this "feature" cannot be disabled?!!

I hope it can be disabled.

You could always cover the camera. It's not like the cameras in phones since the smart phones first came out didn't have the ability to monitor you either right?

• edited September 2017

@Looping_Loddar said:

George_Orwell

AR could be very effective training for identifying big brother in any of his many masks. A voyeuristic journey into the dysfunctional world of a steam punk phrenology app could protect us from evil as well with strategically placed cranial pop up streaming text.

Ultimately we could choose what ever flavor of rose colored glasses we wanted to filter out any disconcerting aspects of reality. Beer glasses without the cirrhosis side effect.

Nudists would be free to stroll while the prudish could auto cloth then like high tech paper dolls. Don't like a particular color or turn of phrase? No problem, use your god-like AR app to remake the world in your own image of how things should be while still being able to leave the comfort of your own home.

Getting used to AR versus IRL latency might take some getting used to . . .

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @noisefan said:
    Includes Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter

Over a thousand quid, for a phone. Seriously, I can see those who don't mind £40+ a month contracts going along with being taken for a ride, but who is actually going to pay the full rate for this gizmo?

• edited September 2017
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think the x's success will be how much they are a month on contract....

• @Max23 said:
    Hey Siri read me the open website without all the junk

>

Siri: "I'm sorry, I don't understand." :)

• edited September 2017
  • What I don't understand is why they have never implemented stereo audio recording in videos. Nokia developed some good technology in their windows phones a few years ago that would not distort the audio even in loud concerts. With apple it is just about the screen and camera.

• edited September 2017

The screen on the iPhone X looks nice but it's going to be awkward using apps in landscape mode with that bit with the mic, sensors and front camera covering part of the screen.

• Eh. Phones don’t excite me much. I’ve got an iPhone 6 and it’s fine.

I had no intention of it, but after reading this thread I think I’ll pick up the X outright.

• @Max23 said:
    Siri is a joke, it does nothing except being a tea timer, who cares that it sounds less robotic? I'd prefer if it would do something useful ...

>

Quite right, Max23.

I'm actually very wary of all Siri style software. I just don't trust that it isn't spying.

I mean, as No Such Agency has gotten away with committing unconstitutional - and criminal - acts against the US and global population, it would seem likely that Apple, Google and Microsoft now feel that collecting data covertly is okay. Or even if it isn't, there will be no price to pay should such activity be uncovered.

• I'll keep my 1 year old £300 SE going for a couple more years (if it, and I last that long), then see how things are then. Who knows, I might have gone off Apple stuff completely by then.

• edited September 2017

@TheMediocritist said:
    I had no intention of it, but after reading this thread I think I’ll pick up the X outright.

>

Are you joking, or serious? If the latter I am curious as to why you think such a huge expense is worthwhile. I mean, is the iPhone hardly ever out of your hand? Is it a business tool? Or are you just very well off, and don't care what you spend?

• edited September 2017

If you really are in need of a bezelless phone then you can always buy Xiaomis new phone Mi mix 2. Just 600 bucks.
    https://giztop.com/xiaomi-mi-mix-2.html
    Ok I'm no salesman but if we are talking expensive hardware so...

• @Zen210507 said:

@TheMediocritist said:

>
    Are you joking, or serious?

Quite serious.

If the latter I am curious as to why you think such a huge expense is worthwhile. I mean, is the iPhone hardly ever out of your hand? Is it a business tool? Or are you just very well off, and don't care what you spend?

My personal enjoyment of Apple devices has historically correlated well to the level of snark and mirth they generate amongst haters. So this one’s looking very good.

The few hundred dollars difference between the X and alternatives is not a factor, spread over 3 years, especially given the resale value on Apple products.

• @TheMediocritist said:

@Zen210507 said:

@TheMediocritist said:

>
    Are you joking, or serious?

Quite serious.

If the latter I am curious as to why you think such a huge expense is worthwhile. I mean, is the iPhone hardly ever out of your hand? Is it a business tool? Or are you just very well off, and don't care what you spend?

My personal enjoyment of Apple devices has historically correlated well to the level of snark and mirth they generate amongst haters. So this one’s looking very good.

The few hundred dollars difference between the X and alternatives is not a factor, spread over 3 years, especially given the resale value on Apple products.

Lol thanks for writing this. I indentify.

• Nice new phones of course. But let's be honest, you can buy whatever you want, for the same or less you can also buy a handy SE and an iPad 2017. It's all up to king customer.

• edited September 2017

I buy my iPhones used for less than $100. Is t that smart? (Using a 5s I got in mint condition a while ago for $90. Sold my 4s for $80)

• Life and death in Apple’s forbidden city https://t.co/LxmPuBegwe
    I just don't see why some of these jobs can't be automated, other than to gain more profit?

• @Carnbot said:
    Life and death in Apple’s forbidden city https://t.co/LxmPuBegwe
    I just don't see why some of these jobs can't be automated, other than to gain more profit?

Sad article. " It's not a good place for human beings" makes me want to chuck all my Apple devices and not participate......and repent

• edited September 2017

@TheMediocritist said:

I don't hate Apple, and what you do with your money is none of my business, of course. If spending is this way adds to your happiness, that's great.

I do find it ironic, though, that Apple has more in the bank, billions of dollars more in the black, than America itself, which is something over a trillion dollars in debt. Yet, the best they can do at present for customers is produce trash like iTunes, excuse less for more as innovation, and make everything subservient to the world's most expensive phone!

This happened before, when Apple believed its own publicity and nearly went bust. Only when Jobs came back, did the company begin again to innovate. Now, of course, Jobs is not available, and clueless Cook is steering the company toward an iceberg. Coasting along in the vast reserves accrued from what Jobs started.

All IMHO. No doubt you will see things very differently, and I have no problem with that. :)