Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What would make Auria amazing? Easier navigation and zooming

@WaveMachineLabs

I started this thread recently about Auria Pro and Pencil. I've had Auria for a while, and really want to use it more. The hope was that the Pencil would be make Auria easier to use, because Iit's awesome and I really want to use it more. I ended up buying a 10.5 with a Pencil, and wanted to share my experience with Auria, from the perspective of someone who makes a lot of small edits of MIDI notes. I asked myself the question: what's the one thing that would make the experience of using this app "flow"?

Short answer: smoother navigation, less individual horizontal/vertical touch gestures.

What do I mean exactly? The ability to put down two fingers and freely move the viewable area in any direction and zoom horizontally and vertically at the same time, without being locked to "horizontal" or "vertical" modes.

If this "unlocking" could be added as an option in settings, it would be amazing!

I understand why this limitation is in place, but the problem is, it creates a need for a huge number of extra gestures, and it often locks to the wrong axis - at least for my slightly uncoordinated self - leading to even more extra gestures!

I'll use changing note lengths as an example, because notes can only be changed when zoomed in to the "right level". Additionally, very short notes have to be zoomed in even further, so sometimes it's possible to edit some notes but not others. If I see a note that I want shortened or lengthened, it may take six or seven gestures to zoom to the right horizontal and vertical level and also move the viewable area so I can see surrounding notes for context. If this could be done in one (unlocked) fluid gesture, it would be so much quicker and more intuitive.

So, I'm glad to have articulated this!

Two other solutions that might work:

1) Allow note lengths to be changed when zoomed much further out, or an option for this
2) Return my 10.5 and get a 12.9

Any thoughts appreciated. :)

Comments

• how about bug fixes and product support. Auria pro has been out for how long? and it still drops my bluetooth midi keyboard whenever i touch a button.

• I personally dont put any midi into Auria Pro anymore. There are so many little issues editing midi in the piano role it becomes too frustrating but I love using it for audio.
    I would suggest you use a third party midi sequencer in conjuction with AP, (modstep, IL, BM3 and Cubasis do it so much better) and then send the midi or the resulting audio via AB, to AP.
    I would love a day when this isnt the case and value your efforts to advance that day.

• How about get rid of the faux 3D interface? I hate looking at it.

• edited August 2017

@ozmot said:
    how about bug fixes and product support.

>

Auria Pro, for me, scores big on in-app audio manipulation, and compatibility with Fab Filters. But that is all I use it for. Cubasis is much more intuitive.

I'd love for the irritating bugs to get fixed, but have long since given up reporting them. Years go by, and what I want fixed is never considered important enough. So, like most users, I take the good and swear profusely at the bad. It's a classic love/hate relationship. ;)