Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 will be awesome.

13»

Comments

• @coolwhip85 said:

@Looping_Loddar said:
    No Audiobus, so far. The good news: It maybe will have the "$999 'insane virtual diamond pack' IAP" instead!

As far as I’ve seen, Audiobus is out in general as Blip believes auv3 is the best way forward and I agree. Audiobus has its place in my heart but I find myself needing it less and less. Also, Audiobus 3 performs significantly worse on my 2017 12.9 Pro than Audiobus 2. As much as I love BeatMaker 3, I am so excited to use nanostudio 2. I haven’t seen more than screenshots and I’m hyped. I really hope it comes this month, but I’m definitely not holding my breath. It’s been mums the word on the official nano forums.

I think this time Beatmaker 3 looks better designed than Nanostudio, which wasn’t necessarily the case in the past. Don’t get me wrong, I love simplicity, but the new NS, the screenshots I’ve seen is a bit too basic for my taste. That said, BM3 and NS2 could and should coexist peacefully on my iPad :)

• @zhoe said:

@coolwhip85 said:

@Looping_Loddar said:
    No Audiobus, so far. The good news: It maybe will have the "$999 'insane virtual diamond pack' IAP" instead!

As far as I’ve seen, Audiobus is out in general as Blip believes auv3 is the best way forward and I agree. Audiobus has its place in my heart but I find myself needing it less and less. Also, Audiobus 3 performs significantly worse on my 2017 12.9 Pro than Audiobus 2. As much as I love BeatMaker 3, I am so excited to use nanostudio 2. I haven’t seen more than screenshots and I’m hyped. I really hope it comes this month, but I’m definitely not holding my breath. It’s been mums the word on the official nano forums.

I think this time Beatmaker 3 looks better designed than Nanostudio, which wasn’t necessarily the case in the past. Don’t get me wrong, I love simplicity, but the new NS, the screenshots I’ve seen is a bit too basic for my taste. That said, BM3 and NS2 could and should coexist peacefully on my iPad :)

Horses for toast. Simplicity and brilliance will be very welcome here.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Horses for toast. Simplicity and brilliance will be very welcome here.

Totally! I loved the “confined space” of nanostudio. It was a scenario of less is more which brought out the creative juices and was blazing fast to get shit done without 1000 options to decide between. Paralysis by Analysis if you will.

• @coolwhip85 said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    How about an AUv3 Audiobus?

As in the current implementation or are you asking a hypothetical?

Yeah is it possible for AB3 to become an AUv3?

• @zhoe said:

@coolwhip85 said:

@Looping_Loddar said:

Depending on workflow. I liked BM2 but V3 isn‘t for me. NanoStudio all the way. The synth alone looks so much better for me.
    But i‘m still not sure if it will ever happen :)

• NanoStudio was the first app I totally got to grips with. Cubasis 2 and gadget come close to that experience...now...but it took many versions to get them there. NS is still my favourite piano roll. And I remember drawing in automation on my iPad 2. In 2012! As someone who knows nothing about design or coding, NS quickly became 'invisible' as it just worked as expected, flawlessly. It gets out of your way while you’re using it. I’ll certainly be investing in NS2.

• I bought Nanostudio (yep, the old one) and am happy that I did.

Would it also be reasonable to get BM2?
    Or can BM3 already completely exchange BM2?