Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 will be awesome.

Yes, no thread about the other thing.
From posts i see from the developer on his forum, it will be for sure THE iOS DAW for me.
Confirmed that it will have Audio Units support that's the thing i wanted to know.

Comments

• Will it have a scale lockable keyboard and a record on input function?

• @db909 said:
    Will it have a scale lockable keyboard and a record on input function?

NS1 has a scale locked keyboard so that seems likely.

Record on input = threshold based sampling?

• AU confirmation and a few more hypeless details from the developer today: http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11586#comment-33305

• Used . Deleted. Reloaded. Etc. Ns1 was a great thing. Ns2 been coming for ever.
    Cant wait, but wont look at any threads till this is launched.
    Blip will release Ns2 when ........
    Who knows
    Money always waiting thou !!

• but Nanostudio2 is still so far away yet? no? maybe before xmas ?

• @syrupcore said:
    AU confirmation and a few more hypeless details from the developer today: http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11586#comment-33305

I had a smile on my face reading that post! :)

• @SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:
    AU confirmation and a few more hypeless details from the developer today: http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11586#comment-33305

Me too. The sequencer/song part of NS is already best in class. No need to fuck with it and good on 'em for leaving it be! If the rest of the app is being elevated (better synth, better effects, better mixer...) and the sequencer doesn't get messed up, I'm pretty sure Cib's prediction will be true.

• @syrupcore said:

@db909 said:

I meant when you want to record a melody or something you arm the track, then it records when you press the first key.

• @syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:

The sequencer/song part of NS is already best in class. No need to fuck with it and good on 'em for leaving it be!

BINGO!

Absolutely. Still unrivalled as a sequencer. So happy to hear he came full-circle on it.

• Hopefully there will be more time signatures available than before and the ability to change time sigs and tempo or this will just be another iOS DAW that can't do as much as a computer (except for Auria). Don't mean to be so negative, I've been waiting for iOS to catch-up to computer DAWs since 2012 and I'm still waitIng.

• @db909 said:

@syrupcore said:

@db909 said:

I meant when you want to record a melody or something you arm the track, then it records when you press the first key.

That's the way NS1 works so chances are good.

You can actually use NS1 as a live midi looper—you can bounce around tracks (or change the midi channel of your controller) and pop in and out of recording mode without ever stopping the sequencer. Including 'undo last recording' and manually editing a recorded part in the piano roll.

• edited July 2017

Is there any arrival date set? I was too quick to post and didn't see the link :)

• Are there reasons to not buy and use Nanostudio now?
    I mean, what's the problem with the old version?

• @tja said:
    Are there reasons to not buy and use Nanostudio now?

I'm still using it and I've tried many alternatives. Obviously there's no IAA/AU, but it does what it does in an exemplary fashion.

• @tja said:

It will not work on iOS 11. If that's ok, definitely worth the buy.

• @tja said:

Not 64bit. And it won't be upgraded either. So the app is dead in ios11. The dev has stated he is letting ns1 die so as to focus on ns2.

• Noooooo no more hyping things up threads it only leads to disappointment

• Never hear anbody mention Caustic afaik the only app that is avaiable in same looks and feel on all platforms

• FLM3 is also same Ui on windows android and iOS

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Noooooo no more hyping things up threads it only leads to disappointment

Well. I'm expecting Nanostudio2 to be absolute garbage. That way if it's not I'll be content.

• I have two things to say. Beatmaker 4. :D

• @Tritonman said:
    I have two things to say. Beatmaker 4. :D

NanoStudio 3 will be better :p

• i dont get why people love nanostudio so much please inform me. I just used it for the synth what the hell was I missing lol

• are they beta testing?

• edited July 2017

@Shazamm said:
    are they beta testing?

not that I know of. I posted this question in another forum - but why all the hype about NS2 lately?? Like people think it might be dropping soon? I am thinking we'll be lucky to get NS2 before xmas. As far as I know (from reading the blip forums) he's still programming it. Of course, if it comes earlier I won't complain!

• @Shazamm said:
    i dont get why people love nanostudio so much please inform me. I just used it for the synth what the hell was I missing lol

I used Nanostudio a lot when it first came out but I found the workflow clunky. I ended up using Caustic a lot because the ability to work without interrupting my flow was there in a way it wasn't with NS. I feel that FLMS also has that flow that works for me. Working with BM3 now to see if that's the direction I'll be heading. I really like Beathawk but for me it's missing certain things. I feel that BM3 is like BH on steroids and it's got so much going on that I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

• I feel we'll see NanoStudio 2 just in time for iOS11...
    I'm pretty sure it's in 'closed beta' with a tightly knit group of friends, who else would have made the demo tune using NanoStudio 2?!

• @Samu said:
    I feel we'll see NanoStudio 2 just in time for iOS11...
    I'm pretty sure it's in 'closed beta' with a tightly knit group of friends, who else would have made the demo tune using NanoStudio 2?!

omg where?

• @Shazamm said:

@Samu said:
    I feel we'll see NanoStudio 2 just in time for iOS11...

omg where?

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/forum/1