Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Counterpoint: iMPC Pro

13»

Comments

• @kobamoto said:
    question Taylor, when will impc pro be universal?

Hi!

No plans at the moment to make this app universal, but I like your idea and will be sure to share it with our team. Have you downloaded the latest update? - Taylor

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Retronyms Thanks Taylor. Despite our inherent prejudice against (the few) products that have chosen not to become AB compatible, there's no question that iMPC Pro offers a lot of possibilities. At this point, deliverTing on stability is probably the most important thing to be done, so this update is welcome and I look forward to it (and to using iMPC Pro more).

Thanks for the kind words. Have you downloaded the latest update? Let me know your thoughts. - Taylor

• Sorry to say I'm going to get a refund for this, after 5 mins play, whilst recording repeats, it crashed out, repeatedly doing the same thing after restarting the app, on my iPad 4. Then I tried it on my iPad Pro 10.5 doing pretty much the same test, it froze, repeatedly....

• Yes I like the app but there are still bugs using as an IAA in AUM. I've gotten a fair few crashes and freezes.
    And please add Audiobus @Retronyms it would be great to sequence with Audiobus 3 :)

• edited July 2017

@Retronyms said:

@kobamoto said:
    question Taylor, when will impc pro be universal?

Hi!

No plans at the moment to make this app universal, but I like your idea and will be sure to share it with our team. Have you downloaded the latest update? - Taylor

yes I have updated the app, happy to see that the flux crash doesn't happen anymore, still need the 1 bar sequence length. please let us know what's on the roadmap for the app?

iPad mini 4/128

• @Carnbot said:
    Yes I like the app but there are still bugs using as an IAA in AUM. I've gotten a fair few crashes and freezes.
    And please add Audiobus @Retronyms it would be great to sequence with Audiobus 3 :)

I have no problem at all in AUM. What other apps are you using?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yes I like the app but there are still bugs using as an IAA in AUM. I've gotten a fair few crashes and freezes.

I have no problem at all in AUM. What other apps are you using?

Think I was using Audio damage plugins on a mixbus mainly....

• @knewspeak said:
    Sorry to say I'm going to get a refund for this, after 5 mins play, whilst recording repeats, it crashed out, repeatedly doing the same thing after restarting the app, on my iPad 4. Then I tried it on my iPad Pro 10.5 doing pretty much the same test, it froze, repeatedly....

Yikes! Were you running it as standalone? This sounds like a new crash to us. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

• @Retronyms

Yes I was running it standalone, I choose a new session, Ambient template, but any would do, enter a four beat for the kick in the timeline, go back to main, engage play and record, enter some note repeat- filter automation until it crashes.

• edited August 2017

Fwiw just did what you said and no crashes. Solid and fluid as I added new tracks, songs and kits and went nuts automating fx...adding iaa fx and deleting. Running on 10.3.3 iPad Pro.

• @echoopera said:
    Fwiw just did what you said and no crashes. Solid and fluid as I added new tracks, songs and kits and went nuts automating fx...adding iaa fx and deleting. Running on 10.3.3 iPad Pro.

Did you lift your finger off the repeat-filter strip and keep it recording, looping around whilst repeatedly lifting your finger and replacing the automation in the loop. That causes a crash on my iPad 4 and iPad Pro 10.5. Without fail.

• @knewspeak said:

@echoopera said:

Did you lift your finger off the repeat-filter strip and keep it recording, looping around whilst repeatedly lifting your finger and replacing the automation in the loop. That causes a crash on my iPad 4 and iPad Pro 10.5. Without fail.

I think I found the bug. I'm not getting a crash, but the transport and pads stop responding entirely until I force quit. Is this what you're seeing? And you're using the 2-axis control to do note repeat + filter, not the Note Repeat button, right?

• @Retronyms said:

@knewspeak said:

@echoopera said:

I think I found the bug. I'm not getting a crash, but the transport and pads stop responding entirely until I force quit. Is this what you're seeing? And you're using the 2-axis control to do note repeat + filter, not the Note Repeat button, right?

Yes, the 2-axis, freezing is what I get on the Pro, similarly on the iPad 4 but that exists completely.

• OK, I found the bug's cause and have logged it. We'll hopefully get to it soon. Thanks so much for finding it! -LG