Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Graphical AU Equalizer?

Comments

• @rarien said:
    A good start of the day eating breakfast and drinking some Joe. Tending to an broken foot from an recent sports injury. But I've got the Audiobus forum, so I can't complain ;)

How's your morning going? (If it's morning where you are)

My morning is going pretty great. :) Getting production done, and I also learned how to download sample packs I own from a website and into BM3 without needing a PC to do it (aka the Documents app).

That said, @mschenkel.it you lucky s.o.b. ;) In some ways, I wish my morning was more like that. You down in Florida mate?

• Venice lagoon

• @mschenkel.it said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

-Not being able to keep track of all of the upcoming payment dates. (This being my biggest issue/fear.)

Go to settings>iTunes&AppStore>tap on your Id>Settings>subscriptions

I cant seem to find it on my ipad. When I tap on my ID it just opens safari to log on the apple website.

• I think I may be fine with subscriptions one day if I try it and it is easy/obvious to manage. In fact I could see it working great if you could subscribe to a devs whole library at a reduced price. Today is just not that day though.

• Are you sure that you used the Apple ID below "iTunes & App Store" and not that what is shown at the top of the settings?

For me it works and after login, i can see the subscriptions / abonnements ...

• @tja said:
    Are you sure that you used the Apple ID below "iTunes & App Store" and not that what is shown at the top of the settings?

For me it works and after login, i can see the subscriptions / abonnements ...

Is it because I never had a subscription?

• Scroll down when you hit the app store

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Scroll down when you hit the app store

? On the first image?

• I think if Apple put it in the app store right next to Purchased that may help the idea/practicality.

• For me when I hit the Apple ID on your second image i' m brought to your 3rd Img inside the AppStore. Anyway. The menu is just the same. It is supposed to be scrolled down

• edited July 2017

@mschenkel.it said:
    For me when I hit the Apple ID on your second image i' m brought to your 3rd Img inside the AppStore. Anyway. The menu is just the same. It is supposed to be scrolled down![]

Huh, I just did a google and it looks like it may differ for various countries... interesting... could be laws n such... huh

• @AudioGus said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    For me when I hit the Apple ID on your second image i' m brought to your 3rd Img inside the AppStore. Anyway. The menu is just the same. It is supposed to be scrolled down![]

Huh, I just did a google and it looks like it may differ for various countries... interesting... could be laws n such... huh

• So get this m effing eq and see if subscription menu pops out:D

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    So get this m effing eq and see if subscription menu pops out:D

Done, and as the kids used to say 'Whoot, dere it be, yarr!'

Best icon ever too.

• I want to get a few corrections in here:

@Jocphone said:

If you cancel the subscription you get to use that version and that years updates for as long as your iPad will support it.

If you cancel the subscription you get to use the full version of the app only until the end of that subscription (one year after you started it). I think you misunderstood what we were saying in our app description. We are testing the market size right now. We have no idea if we can sell enough to make developing this app for years to come sustainable. So, near the end of our first year in the app store we are going to evaluate the situation. If we find it is not sustainable, we will set the subscription to $0. That effectively gives those that supported us in that first year the app, as if they had purchased it up front. They will be able to use the app until hardware or OS incompatibility. We are just trying to be upfront and open with our customers.

@rarien said:

However, to assume that people should pay around 40€ yearly for an 3.49€ app is slightly absurd being that having the option to rescind the subscription doesn't change the fact that not everyone is going to claim tax-exemption.

I am not sure I understand this sentence but it sounds like you think it is a monthly subscriptions. I just want to clarify. You only pay $3.49 per year.

@AudioGus said:
    I think if Apple put it in the app store right next to Purchased that may help the idea/practicality.

This is a great idea! I submitted a feature request to apple for this. Anyone that likes this idea should submit one too. To do that just go to http://radar.apple.com the more tickets the more likely they will notice.

Here is how I filled it out for reference, also be sure to say your are putting in a duplicate of my ticket, this helps them build a case for implementing the idea.

As a user I would say something like this in the Summary:

"I would like to be able to manage my subscripting from my purchases tap in the App Store. Please see radar: 33233927 this is a duplicate of that one."

Here is what my ticket looked like:

My ticket number is 33233927

Title: Manage app subscriptions from "Purchased" in App Store

Area:
    iOS + SDK App Store

Summary:
    A potential user of our app wanted to make sure he knew how to cancel a subscription once he signed up. We >showed him. He replied, "Why isn't that just in with my app purchases."

I thought that was a great idea, so am submitting a feature request. If we are going to get people over this >subscription fear we need to make them feel comfortable before signing up. Also it just seem like good UI to me.

It could just be right under "My Purchases", being "My Subscriptions"

Steps to Reproduce:
    Currently: Go to settings>iTunes&AppStore>tap on your Id>Settings>subscriptions

Expected Results:
    Suggested: Go to App Store> Updates > Purchased > My Subscriptions

Observed Results:
    It is too hard to see active subscriptions to keep customers comfortable.

Version:
    iOS 10 and 11

• edited July 2017

dun dun dundun dun dundun dun dundunnnn

Sorry couldn't resist it

• @Jocphone said:

If you cancel the subscription you get to use that version and that years updates for as long as your iPad will support it.

Uh no that is not how it works. If you cancel the subscription you will be able to us the full version of the app only until one year after you payed for the subscription. I think you are conflating what we promised we would do if we discover the market is not big enough to support the app. We said that at the end of the first year in the App Store we will evaluate if we can afford to keep developing the app and will set the subscription to $0 if it is not sustainable. That would mean that the people that are subscribed at the time will be able to keep using the app until hardware or OS updates keep it form working. That whole part of the app description is just an attempt at being as open and honest as possible with our customers.

• edited July 2017

@rarien said:
    However, to assume that people should pay around 40€ yearly for an 3.49€ app is slightly absurd being that having the option to rescind the subscription doesn't change the fact that not everyone is going to claim tax-exemption.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here but it seems like you think that Goose EQ cost $3.49 a month. I just want to make sure that you and everyone else understand it is $3.49 a year.

• @AudioGus said:
    I think if Apple put it in the app store right next to Purchased that may help the idea/practicality.

This is a great idea! I submitted a feature request to Apple. Apple always tells us that duplicate requests help them decide to implement things, so if you like this idea please do it as well.

Go to http://radar.apple.com and submit a feature request.

In the summary you could put something like:

This is a duplicate of 33233927. I would like my subscription information that shows up settings>iTunes&AppStore>tap on your Id>Settings>subscriptions to show up right next to "My Purchases" in the App Store.

Here is what my feature request looks like so you can base yours off of it.

Title:
    Manage app subscriptions from "Purchased" in App Store
    Area:
    App Store

Summary:
    A potential user of our app wanted to make sure he knew how to cancel a subscription once he signed up. We showed him. He replied, "Why isn't that just in with my app purchases." 

I thought that was a great idea, so am submitting a feature request. If we are going to get people over this subscription fear we need to make them feel comfortable before signing up. Also it just seems like good UI to me. 

It could just be right under "My Purchases", being "My Subscriptions"

Steps to Reproduce:
    Currently: Go to settings>iTunes&AppStore>tap on your Id>Settings>subscriptions

Expected Results:
    Suggested: Go to App Store> Updates > Purchased > My Subscriptions

Observed Results:
    It is too hard to see active subscriptions to keep customers comfortable.

Version:iOS 10 and 11

• @lucas said:

@Jocphone said:

Uh no that is not how it works. If you cancel the subscription you will be able to us the full version of the app only until one year after you payed for the subscription. I think you are conflating what we promised we would do if we discover the market is not big enough to support the app. We said that at the end of the first year in the App Store we will evaluate if we can afford to keep developing the app and will set the subscription to $0 if it is not sustainable. That would mean that the people that are subscribed at the time will be able to keep using the app until hardware or OS updates keep it form working. That whole part of the app description is just an attempt at being as open and honest as possible with our customers.

Ah ok, sorry, go confused on that bit.
    I do like the idea, just don't have a pressing need for another EQ at the moment.

• I was having my take on a previous example about the cost versus the cost of some other things that could have been spent on.

So understood on that part. It's not a monthly sub but a yearly sub of $3.49.

Issue that I have that it is a subscription for a sole EQ app.

• Whoa! Sorry for the double post of the same thing. The first one disappeared on me. I am just seeing now that it did post.

• edited July 2017

@rarien said:
    I was having my take on a previous example about the cost versus the cost of some other things that could have been spent on.

So understood on that part. It's not a monthly sub but a yearly sub of $3.49.

Issue that I have that it is a subscription for a sole EQ app.

I have to pay monthly for water. Imagine.. water!! Last month I payed my refuse charges. Can you believe it?? I'm paying a subscription for people to TAKE STUFF AWAY??

I mean, I could just keep that junk at home for free and save the money. Eventually I'd down in endless rubbish.. or troublesome frequencies..

• No subscriptions in my house (apart from the ones I am forced to do, like water etc., mentioned above). Don't worry, I won't get into it again. It's easy, actually: you like it, you do it, you don't, you don't. I also don't care for anybody's intentions, I just don't want any subscriptions, if I can choose. Thanks for listening, cheers, t

• edited July 2017

@animal said:
    No subscriptions in my house (apart from the ones I am forced to do, like water etc., mentioned above). Don't worry, I won't get into it again. It's easy, actually: you like it, you do it, you don't, you don't. I also don't care for anybody's intentions, I just don't want any subscriptions, if I can choose. Thanks for listening, cheers, t

This sounds like a 'speaking with your wallet' kind of issue. I totally understand your point of view, and have experienced all those emotions personally too. Anyway we both understand each other's points of view now (or if not we have access to it in our respective previous posts), so as you suggest, let's not dwell on the topic!

• @cian said:
    The main problem as I see it is that Apple don't provide app developers with a good upgrade mechanism. It should be possible for developers to say - this app is an upgrade. We will charge new purchasers X dollars, and people who already have it Y dollars. You can sort of do it with the bundle stuff, but it's clumsy and confusing. I have no problem with paying upgrade prices for IOS updates, Audiobus 3, AU, whatever. I do rather object to paying a subscription price for something that may see no significant work after I buy it.

As an amateur, this is the perfect solution.

• @AudioGus @cian those are good ideas.

• edited July 2017

Back on topic....

I just rediscovered a use for the Audio Mastering app
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/audio-mastering/id640515541?mt=8

Load this as an IAA on your master channel, and you can then turn off all the processing, and use the EQ as a graph only....use this to add the graphing to your EQ of choice, not quite the same as having the graph and eq controls in the same place, but hey, if you already own it, it gives you a spectrum graph for free. :)
    You can send individual tracks or your whole mix through it using your mixers solo buttons.