Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Secret Base Design crazy sales!

2»

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Time to butter some popcorn.

Don't forget to wash it down with some koolaid...we're a burgeoning cult after all :)

Always been very fond of the word burgeoning, right up there with spatula in my book....

Agree, spatula is special because it ends with a soft "ah" , another personal favourite is "probably" . It's a cheery blend of certainty and doubt anyone can live with

• @Arpseechord said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Don't forget to wash it down with some koolaid...we're a burgeoning cult after all :)

Always been very fond of the word burgeoning, right up there with spatula in my book....

Agree, spatula is special because it ends with a soft "ah" , another personal favourite is "probably" . It's a cheery blend of certainty and doubt anyone can live with

Well, yes and no. My grandmother would say 'You're probably right....' whenever she disagreed wholly with whatever someone was saying but couldn't be arsed to discuss it further. Her 'probably' positively dripped....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Well, yes and no. My grandmother would say 'You're probably right....' whenever she disagreed wholly with whatever someone was saying but couldn't be arsed to discuss it further. Her 'probably' positively dripped....

I never had the pleasure of meeting either of my grandparents. I would have settled for any word :)

• Buttress.

• Buttress Butress-Golly

Gettin' weird in here.

• Flabbergasted.

• edited June 2017

Aspidistra cumulonimbus

• Chloroisothiazolinone

Not catchy, but found on almost every shampoo bottle I've ever looked at, and thus committed to memory.

• I cannot let this go out on without mention of Slartibartfast.

• Tragematopolist

• @aaronpc said:
    Chloroisothiazolinone

Not catchy, but found on almost every shampoo bottle I've ever looked at, and thus committed to memory.

Change your soap! Pure glycerin is good

• burgeoning spatula - sounds like a b-movie waiting to be made

• @AndyPlankton said:
    burgeoning spatula - sounds like a b-movie waiting to be made

As long as I get credit as co-writer

• @Arpseechord said:

@AndyPlankton said:

You can have the central starring role !

Not too sure you'd want to be seen out in public afterwards though :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Arpseechord said:

@AndyPlankton said:

You can have the central starring role !

Not too sure you'd want to be seen out in public afterwards though :D

I see a business opportunity here...tee shirts plastered with "I made it through Burgeoning Spatula" :)

• Wow, this whole thread went in a weird direction!

FWIW, the stuff that's gone free is, IMO, "done" -- nothing in particular that seems to me to be broken, and no particular features I feel a burning need to add. Sales from these apps are negligible; maybe $50 a month, all put together.

I had been testing the waters with higher pricing on Infinite/Aleph -- they're making a bit more cash, but they're not flying off the shelves by any stretch of the imagination. Aleph in particular -- seems like the iPhone market is negligible -- so a big drop there. Lower pricing might get more impulse purchases, and possibly more net revenue.

As I think most of us are aware -- it's hard to make a buck off of the app market. A handful of things go viral, and rake in the dough. The rest, it's mostly pocket change. That's the world we live in, and I don't see a way to fundamentally change it. My real job is as a computer science professor at a research university -- decent paycheck there. The app stuff is recreational, and gets me some mad money to blow on electronics, guitars, and beer.

• Well another bottle of beer for you. I just bought Infinite Looper.

I'm sure that you've helped to get the iOS Music train moving down the track.

• @SecretBaseDesign Thanks for the reality check. We like to speculate about ios devs in their beverly hill mansions but of course its 90 hobby/ cb radio.
    I just bought infinite looper and its a great upgrade from adelph. I need another ios sequencer like I need a new ios synth but this price point gets my curiosity. I think its the best sequencer on the iphone and maybe by using it on the phone it will become my sequencer of choice for the ipad too. That's enough motivation for me for a £5 purchase. Thanks SBD

• @Janie said:
    Well another bottle of beer for you. I just bought Infinite Looper.

Yep, this!

• edited June 2017

@SecretBaseDesign said:
    -- it's hard to make a buck off of the app market. A handful of things go viral, and rake in the dough. The rest, it's mostly pocket change. That's the world we live in, and I don't see a way to fundamentally change it.

I think this is exactly the lottery economics that most of us forget about....

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Janie said:
    Well another bottle of beer for you. I just bought Infinite Looper.

Yep, this!

Indeed..it was MIDIMorphosis for me ! turning all my years old recordings of guitar into MIDI so i could remember what I played :)

• This sale came at a good time, as I recently finally sprung for an iPad. I had gotten Aleph for the iPhone (for free) a while back, so it was my pleasure to spring for IF. Happy to contribute to @SecretBaseDesign 's beer fund, and I hope you keep developing innovative and fun MIDI apps. IF embodies the whole reason I got into mobile music making - if I have a melody or beat in my head at work, I can take a 15 minutes coffee break (or duck into the men's room) and get something down for later on. It would be super cool if one could host the MIDI tracks as AB3 MIDI ins, but a whole other app might make more sense than bloating IF.

Anyway, the app is an inspiration. If I knew how to code, I would have probably tried to make something similar to this. On a sidenote: I really wish more apps supported .mid import/export. IF has also helped me remix and preserve some of my old crusty sounding Nanostudio/Eden tracks by allowing me to import them and try out newer sounding synths on them.

To @SecretBaseDesign : Thanks for the sale and your continued involvement here.

• edited June 2017

probably: a cheery blend of certainty and doubt anyone can live with. Caveat: unless dripping.

No caveat: @SecretBaseDesign probably one of the top most amiable and talented indie developer for iOS. We salute you sir.

My phone cost $350. In glad to have almost infinite expandablity functionality at $2-$30 a pop. Caveat: not for everyone, your mileage may vary.

Sottopassaggio (underground passage) a lovely sounding word in Italian. We (iOS music) are the underground community. Get out there and spread the news.

• edited June 2017

MIDIMorphosis and Voxkit! here, let's see what I can do with this, turning my guitar pling pling into some synth sounds could be quite interesting, so thx for this

already had Infinte Looper

• @audiblevideo said:
    Sottopassaggio

Word of the day right there. Brilliant. Going to go whisper it in the dog's ear and see what he thinks...

• Picked up Infinite Looper so I can make mad MIDI on the phone and then export to Modstep on the pad. Yay!

• I already have all of them.
    And I am very glad that I do.
    Great apps from a wonderful developer.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Sottopassaggio

Word of the day right there. Brilliant. Going to go whisper it in the dog's ear and see what he thinks...

Dog whisperer?
    Just going to put a theory out there as to why this thread went weird momentarily. Simply the power of suggestion in the title of the thread "crazy sales" So let's just blame the creator of this thread it's easier that way(ps I'll take some blame too )
    Most importantly thanks Patrick for your dedicated hard work bringing us these wonderful apps especially Infinite Looper!

• @Arpseechord said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Sottopassaggio

Dog whisperer?
    Just going to put a theory out there as to why this thread went weird momentarily. Simply the power of suggestion in the title of the thread "crazy sales" So let's just blame the creator of this thread it's easier that way(ps I'll take some blame too )
    Most importantly thanks Patrick for your dedicated hard work bringing us these wonderful apps especially Infinite Looper!

I second that, have'em all now. I really appreciate Infinite Looper.