Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Secret Base Design crazy sales!

Aleph Looper 1,09€ (from 10,99€)
Infinite Looper 5,49 € (from 21,99€)
Midimorphosis 1,09€ (from 10,99€)
Live Guitar 0,00€ (from 8,99€)
Voxkit! 0,00€ (from 8,99€)

Comments

• I'm going to optimistically guess that that this means AB3 optimized versions are waiting in the wings.

• Thanks for this - picked up Infinite Looper - seems very useful.

@fjcblanco said:

• I've got some stuff planned for Infinite/Aleph, but not expecting to be able to do AB3 for them any time soon. For the other apps, I just don't have the time to maintain and update them, so I've put a bunch of stuff for free, or knocked it down to a buck at most.

• @SecretBaseDesign thanks for the sale. Can you tell us which apps are 64bit compatible please?

• @SecretBaseDesign said:
    I've got some stuff planned for Infinite/Aleph, but not expecting to be able to do AB3 for them any time soon. For the other apps, I just don't have the time to maintain and update them, so I've put a bunch of stuff for free, or knocked it down to a buck at most.

Let me guess, Ableton Link for Alpeh looper? :)

• @mannix said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:
    I've got some stuff planned for Infinite/Aleph, but not expecting to be able to do AB3 for them any time soon. For the other apps, I just don't have the time to maintain and update them, so I've put a bunch of stuff for free, or knocked it down to a buck at most.

Aleph looper already has Link.

• @gusgranite said:
    @SecretBaseDesign thanks for the sale. Can you tell us which apps are 64bit compatible please?

I believe that all of the apps that I have available now are ready for 64 bit. A couple of things that disappeared years ago are not 32-bit, and they disappeared years ago because no one was using them.

The things in the pipeline for Aleph/Infinite are start/stop control for Link and MIDI, and some more midi-learn features to make it easier to control remotely. I've got a loop-record function, so that you can jam away on things, and if you play something cool, you can retroactively loop it (Dan from the MIDI Designer team calls it a "look-ahead looper"). And because I like messing with Twitter, there will be a way to share loops as Tweets (yes, Twitter will finally have a step sequencer -- I know you all have been waiting for this, so I'm making it happen!).

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@mannix said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

Aleph looper already has Link.

Oops missed that. Thanks! Bought Aleph looper a while ago en Ableton was what I understood promised. Will go and check it out again.

• Here's a link to infinite looper: Infinite Looper by Secret Base Design
    https://appsto.re/us/EKX3-.i

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Here's a link to infinite looper: Infinite Looper by Secret Base Design

And it's good.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

And it's good.

Proper sticker included?

• @Arpseechord said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

And it's good.

Proper sticker included?

I think he should! I told two different people who asked (one in Berlin, one in Barcelona) in the past couple of weeks what that was glued on the back of my iPad :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

And it's good.

Proper sticker included?

I think he should! I told two different people who asked (one in Berlin, one in Barcelona) in the past couple of weeks what that was glued on the back of my iPad :)

Now that's what I call dedication :)

• I've still got some stickers. Message me with an address, and I'll drop some in the mail!

• Have to say my life has looked up generally since I received The Stickers. I sense a religion or at least a minor cult coming on...

• I think we should take the time to post pictures of where we've stuck the stickers... I have two and still looking for that perfect place to put them... was thinking the car window but they aren't weather proof and nothing is going on the iPad!

• @fprintf said:
    I think we should take the time to post pictures of where we've stuck the stickers... I have two and still looking for that perfect place to put them... was thinking the car window but they aren't weather proof and nothing is going on the iPad!

I have two left. Mrs. Goodyear helpfully suggested I put one of them where the sun don't shine but that's an Americanism I'm unfamiliar with as regards precise location. Looks good on the back of Big Boy.

• Trigger WARNING to all that need Safe Spaces. RANT Coming Up!

Nice... I recently picked up all of their apps (full price of course) minus the guitar and pedal. The bad news in this of course that my purchase will soon be useless and it was supposed to be in future development plans.
    I have too many apps and this idea of mine to buying apps before I need them to promote further development and strengthen the ecosystem (not alone of course but the ideology ) is blowing in my face. Frequent sales and giveaways show that I was wrong that cash flow was an important factor (really?) and most abandon the development anyway. Only few make it to real product. Seems to be better strategy to lurk around and see who will make it and cover ones own ass. Don't invest in new products or developers, wait until they need cash and have to lower the price. Users think of course this is great for them to get cheap stuff, but I thought differently. Developers success is my success. Strong developers create more and better products. Constant sales and giveaways create waiting mentality and most likely the reason why so few companies bother to port their products to iOS. Users expect freebies and discounts and get what they ask for, fortunately with some fabulous exemptions (we know them all), and some of the apps are to begin with useless crap but could be better with some attention which they never get.

Phyrric victory indeed, one would think but apparently not.

Hate to say it, but I stand corrected and shall change my ways.

• @JohnnyGoodyear

My feeling exactly, bittersweet.

• Time to butter some popcorn.

• edited June 2017

@idexis said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear

I think you were unlucky mate, and Lord knows it's something that we've all come across, but I've got to put my hand up for this developer who has always been very responsive and positive in my experience. I do believe that buying apps is an investment in the future of the whole eco-system, but I respect your right to adapt your purchasing policy as you see fit.

• edited June 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@idexis said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear

I think you were unlucky mate, and Lord knows it's something that we've all come across, but I've got to put my hand up for this developer who has always been very responsive and positive in my experience. I do believe that buying apps is an investment in the future of the whole eco-system, but I respect your right to adapt your purchasing policy as you see fit.

Thanks for the answer and perhaps minor misunderstanding. This is not about this developer in general (which I have good experience of) and sure as hell not about the money in the equation. The difference in dollars are miniscule. The biggest "loss" (if you like) will come on next FabFilter sales, since I bought all their plugins and presets and some extra in one go. No problem, my decision.

No my rant is about the "low value culture" and the hope that particulars like musicians would not worship the same philosophy as game users. Too many make demands and expect quality and are not ready to pay for it at the same time. The result is that you usually get what you pay for. If music on iPad will die out, this is one potential reason in making.
    Peace!

• Peace is good. :)

• @idexis said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@idexis said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear

Thanks for the answer and perhaps minor misunderstanding. This is not about this developer in general (which I have good experience of) and sure as hell not about the money in the equation. The difference in dollars are miniscule. The biggest "loss" (if you like) will come on next FabFilter sales, since I bought all their plugins and presets and some extra in one go. No problem, my decision.

No my rant is about the "low value culture" and the hope that particulars like musicians would not worship the same philosophy as game users. Too many make demands and expect quality and are not ready to pay for it at the same time. The result is that you usually get what you pay for. If music on iPad will die out, this is one potential reason in making.
    Peace!

In general i would agree.

• On the bright side, as far as I know, all his apps up on the store are mature, functional and will remain so for the foreseeable. They may not be AB3 optimized, but it's midi— they still works like always. Many of them don't really fit into the AB3 midi paradigm, anyway.

When the app store came online, Jobs seemed to want to downplay fart apps and games, and push the apps of higher quality to the forefront. Then the market decided, and we all know what you get on the homepage now. @idexis You may just be mad at the modern world. Welcome aboard!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Peace is good. :)

Yes very.
    I have been mentioning this money issues before. I find iOS apps redicoulusly cheap and sometimes people spend days discussing "leaps" into purchasing $6-15 apps. Very bad hourly salary if you ask me instead of just purchase.
    I have mentioned that if I could save me one VST purchase, the save would most likely cover one or more months of buying all apps in music category, at least all that I would like to spend on.
    I remember people on some forum wanting to have Beatmaker 3 as a free update. Of course not. I want it to cost much more, so that BM 4 will be awesomely great and so on. In my opinion the biggest value of iPad is freedom to create where you want, but that's dependent on the tools we have. This discussion was in a different thread. If companies always create product to the lowest denominator, cheap but useless apps would appeal to the masses. The losers would be us, the mucisians (and wannabe musicians with honest intentions o:) ), since the tools will not replace the desktop. Now iOS is on the move in the music sector and we the users are the only force that can drive the development of products for us. This is the reason I buy a lot of stuff I don't need (at least at that moment), don't pretend to understand how to use and so on. Musicians are notorious for asking for quality so one would presume that this concept would be easily understood.

I could be wrong in my fundamental premise, but very seldom get discussion about this, sometimes remarks about the size of my bank account etc. There are plenty of crappy products that are cheap for the ones dreaming of making a bargain, but good developers willing to postpone good income while making music apps are few and far apart and companies willing to port their products are so far even fewer. So this is all because I'm basically selfish and advocate for strategy I think is sound, but willing to accept all good counter arguments.

In those points of mine I'm absolutely not talking about making apps very expensive and nowhere near desktop market. I would like to see the products and their quality without going through price compressor before we discover the value of them. The ones willing to put in the work and other resources must be able to get something back for their contribution; why else bother and "creative calling" can only feed so many mouths. The price dynamic must reflect the product quality. Obviously there are other things in this like the companies that continuously market useless crap for high prices and catch newcomers, but that's another rant for the future.
    Thanks.

• @idexis A lot of interesting meat on that bone, some of it a little tough (intelligent!) that I will have to chew on in hopes of softening it/them up enough for my old and broken teeth. It is certainly true that there are lots of apps currently and they are (comparatively) very cheap. It's an odd market (from the commercial aspect) where you have indies and behemoths, with a few beasts in between. Evolution indeed....

• edited June 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Time to butter some popcorn.

Don't forget to wash it down with some koolaid...we're a burgeoning cult after all :)

• @Arpseechord said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Time to butter some popcorn.

Don't forget to wash it down with some koolaid...we're a burgeoning cult after all :)

Always been very fond of the word burgeoning, right up there with spatula in my book....