Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Syndt

Comments

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Be nice to hear/see some samples, most of the release vid seems to be taken up by Stephen Hawking having a chat.

Agreed, I thought it was a 'speech synthesiser' based on the video :)
    (I don't have perfect eye-sight and the UI is driving me nuts with the small font-sizes, arghhh).

Yeah I wondered that too!

Not keen on the UI, so the sound would have to be something special for me to dive in.

In all opinionated honesty I don't think it's for you. Ondes/Ribbons might well be however...

I've already got Shoom, is there much difference? They look pretty similar, and Shoom doesn't get much use here due to the lack of automation.

I would say that between the two, my preference is Shoom. However, Shoom doesn't allow me to control external synths with it. Somewhat similar though. I'm a big fan of Shoom, and still consider Ribbons useful. I like it's internal sound engine too. That being said, if you're really short of dough, it's not going to be anything earth shattering. It won't give you the over-the-top descriptions so popular on this board like excessive use of exclamation points "!!!" "utterly sublime" "game changing" etc. ;) But, if you're looking for a good Friday night toy for $5, it won't disappoint.

Thanks Skip, I'll hang onto my pennies a bit longer then :)

I like Shoom, but I'd like to be able to automate the note movements so I can run it in the background.

Anyway, sorry for taking the thread off topic - carry on!

• Run through from Synth Anatomy:

• @Zen210507 said:

@RustiK said:

I TOTALLY disagree in the nicest way ever.

This is something I love about IOS music making. One man's dog is another man's top dog!

....or dog's bollocks!

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Be nice to hear/see some samples, most of the release vid seems to be taken up by Stephen Hawking having a chat.

(I don't have perfect eye-sight and the UI is driving me nuts with the small font-sizes, arghhh).

Not keen on the UI, so the sound would have to be something special for me to dive in.

In all opinionated honesty I don't think it's for you. Ondes/Ribbons might well be however...

I've already got Shoom, is there much difference? They look pretty similar, and Shoom doesn't get much use here due to the lack of automation.

Keep your money in your pocket. There'll be something soon that will feel like five bucks off because you did etc. Or, your pony will come in and it can be a part of your treat day splurge.

• @MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

I would say that between the two, my preference is Shoom. However, Shoom doesn't allow me to control external synths with it. Somewhat similar though. I'm a big fan of Shoom, and still consider Ribbons useful. I like it's internal sound engine too. That being said, if you're really short of dough, it's not going to be anything earth shattering. It won't give you the over-the-top descriptions so popular on this board like excessive use of exclamation points "!!!" "utterly sublime" "game changing" etc. ;) But, if you're looking for a good Friday night toy for $5, it won't disappoint.

I like Shoom, but I'd like to be able to automate the note movements so I can run it in the background.

Has Shoom ever had an update? I agree automation would be great, love the thing still though.

It's a great concept that's probably too niche to warrant the dev putting more time into it. Maybe if they offered extra features as a smallish IAP? I'd be happy to pony up.

On topic - If it's a noise-maker it has to grab me by the dogs these days so I shall pass.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Has Shoom ever had an update? I agree automation would be great, love the thing still though.

It's a great concept that's probably too niche to warrant the dev putting more time into it. Maybe if they offered extra features as a smallish IAP? I'd be happy to pony up.

On topic - If it's a noise-maker it has to grab me by the dogs these days so I shall pass.

Back when Shoom came out, the dev said he was working on midi out next. Never happened, but he's evidently about to update Xynthesizr, so fingers crossed he's gonna give Shoom some fresh love too.

• @skiphunt said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Back when Shoom came out, the dev said he was working on midi out next. Never happened, but he's evidently about to update Xynthesizr, so fingers crossed he's gonna give Shoom some fresh love too.

Ah yeh, I'd forgotten, same dev ... Here's hoping.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yeah me too.

Shoom is capable of some really mad sounds, and being able to run four at once should make it a wonderful thing, but it's play surface let's it down. With automation, standard keyboard option, and an arp it'd be a major player.

• Another minimalistic nice one.

• Mmhhh.....while i do like their minimalistic apps it slowly begins to feel like melking the cow :#
    One day you realize you bought 20 little apps for more than one instrument which can do it all and more.
    I like their work but i think my journey ends here with them for a while to see what else come.
    But i do appreciate the cross platform thing (of course i find it hard to pay much more for the exact same tools).

• edited May 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yeah me too.

Shoom is capable of some really mad sounds, and being able to run four at once should make it a wonderful thing, but it's play surface let's it down. With automation, standard keyboard option, and an arp it'd be a major player.

I'd also love to see more updates for Shoom with imidi notes in and midi out. At least it already has option to automate modulation via midi which makes it a lot of fun and deep.

Syndt does sound pretty nice, but I'm also not a fan of the watercolour interfaces...

• If they made a 4 track midi sequencer that was as simple as the rest of their apps and also one page, well that would be something I'd be into

• @db909 said:
    If they made a 4 track midi sequencer that was as simple as the rest of their apps and also one page, well that would be something I'd be into

The thing with simple sequencers is they're nice, until everyone is done making feature requests and demanding functionality "that should be standard in 2017". By then there's nothing simple about the app anymore :D

• @brambos said:

@db909 said:
    If they made a 4 track midi sequencer that was as simple as the rest of their apps and also one page, well that would be something I'd be into

The thing with simple sequencers is they're nice, until everyone is done making feature requests and demanding functionality "that should be standard in 2017". By then there's nothing simple about the app anymore :D

No 3D touch? PFFafff!

• @syrupcore said:

@Love3quency said:
    Not universal? That's just plain lazy

That's just a plain uninformed shitty thing to say.

@syrupcore said:

@Love3quency said:

My sources ( the AppStore) say that all the other apps by this dev..that for the most part are pretty much the same design wise are indeed universal so? My info is based on logical progression or regression lol

• @Love3quency said:

@syrupcore said:

@Love3quency said:

@syrupcore said:

@Love3quency said:

My sources ( the AppStore) say that all the other apps by this dev..that for the most part are pretty much the same design wise are indeed universal so? My info is based on logical progression or regression lol

It's the delivery not the logic...

• @brambos said:

@db909 said:

Go for it - your clean design would be perfect, and a whistle and bells free sequencer might be what we're all waiting for - I'd buy it!

• @MonzoPro said:

@brambos said:

@db909 said:

Go for it - your clean design would be perfect, and a whistle and bells free sequencer might be what we're all waiting for - I'd buy it!

Hey @brambos, it's not every day you get a pre-order from Fenceman!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@brambos said:

@db909 said:

When I say I'd buy it, obviously I'd need to hear some samples, see some vids, see what the forum guys think, check the app budget with Mrs Monzo....

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@brambos said:

@db909 said:

When I say I'd buy it, obviously I'd need to hear some samples, see some vids, see what the forum guys think, check the app budget with Mrs Monzo....

FM2.png 27.6K
  • Until now, I have been a completist...
    Pass.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Until now, I have been a completist...
    Pass.

KAMATA!

• I buy anything they make I love it and its AU

• @Shazamm said:
    I buy anything they make I love it and its AU

+1

• @brambos said:

@db909 said:

Fair point. I suppose if it was made to specifically not resemble other sequencers. But then maybe people wouldn't get it. Because muh piano roll

• @Shazamm said:
    I buy anything they make I love it and its AU

Another +1.

Just bought it and have the feeling this one has the widest soundspectrum compared with pads, tines, jussi and baervaag. Feels a lot less limited because you have more controls.

Like it.

• @gusgranite said:
    Run through from Synth Anatomy:

Thanks for sharing this - Tom at SA does a lot for the iOS musician community, don't he?

Although, I just can't help myself ... @3:23 - "Curse you and your sudden but inevitable Europe 'Final Countdown' patch!"

• @brambos said:

I can attest to that, even if I did not get any external feature requests. I was supposed to have a beta version of my "simple sequencer" app by late February, and then I started to add things that "should be there"... it is now almost June, the app is no longer simple (just "lite"), and I still need to add many more things... :tired_face:

• @brambos said:

@db909 said:

Lazy.

• The beauty of these simplistic UI synth is their (yes) simplicity.

Not everyone wants minimalism but for those who appreciate it and love the idea of squeezing a lot out of a seeming little things like Syndt are real joy.