Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Syndt

13»

Comments

• The more I look into this one, the more I waver. I haven't bought any of the previous "watercolor" apps, as the sounds were too limited. This one at least gives you three screens of options, which is probably why it hasn't been ported to iPhone.

• i like it, it sounds good and it's easy to use

• I was so hyped on Klevgrand apps at the beginning, but these "canvas" design gadgety apps are not great. They are much too limited in sound design capabilities. While the approach to fit a synth in the tiny AUv3 iOS space, too many sacrifices are made in these.

They might be something to look at for beginners and the gadget crowd, but they gonna be passed on by people who expect some real sound design capabilities.

• @hexagonsun83 said:
    I was so hyped on Klevgrand apps at the beginning, but these "canvas" design gadgety apps are not great. They are much too limited in sound design capabilities. While the approach to fit a synth in the tiny AUv3 iOS space, too many sacrifices are made in these.

They might be something to look at for beginners and the gadget crowd, but they gonna be passed on by people who expect some real sound design capabilities.

Have you used syndt ?

It's a full featured synth without the spaghetti. It's like tines, pads,jussi and baervaag combined into 1. Great presets and capable of producing nice bass, pads and string sounds.
    I agree with the previous releases, but this one is different.

• @hexagonsun83 said:
    I was so hyped on Klevgrand apps at the beginning, but these "canvas" design gadgety apps are not great. They are much too limited in sound design capabilities. While the approach to fit a synth in the tiny AUv3 iOS space, too many sacrifices are made in these.

But not necessarily by people who just want to write songs.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Until now, I have been a completist...
    Pass.

KAMATA!

EXACTLY!

However, I just realized that I also passed on Klev's FM synth.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hexagonsun83 said:

Yes.

Also, it looks to have more control than many classic analog synths which people used to do both interesting sound design and write good songs.

And certainly more sonic variation than a piano, electric guitar...

• @syrupcore said:

And certainly more sonic variation than a piano, electric guitar...

I disagree, real physical instruments have range of sonic variation that algorythms could only dream of approching.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hexagonsun83 said:

You can "just write songs" on anything, that line of arguing makes zero sense. We have the year 2017, and the iOS app store is riddled with incredible, powerful, iOS synths.

• @hexagonsun83 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hexagonsun83 said:

You can "just write songs" on anything, that line of arguing makes zero sense. We have the year 2017, and the iOS app store is riddled with incredible, powerful, iOS synths.

Po.

• Bought it... and dig it. There's a lot of good stuff hiding in there without being overkill for an AU. I think the videos leave short the range of sounds it can achieve— even the synth anatomy preset runthrough video lets it down by staying in the same octave range too much. I think I waited for just the right one of these painty apps before jumping in. Of course, your mileage may vary.