Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRC: My newest crush.............

Comments

• @sinosoidal said:
    We have released a new video tutorial for DRC. Have you ever wondered on how do you make Daft Punk's "Da Funk" sound? Lucas shows how to make it with DRC in just a couple of minutes.

Great video. Still need that folder sorting though :( getting to have too many patches stored in "local" or "cloud"....

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@sinosoidal said:
    We have released a new video tutorial for DRC. Have you ever wondered on how do you make Daft Punk's "Da Funk" sound? Lucas shows how to make it with DRC in just a couple of minutes.

Great video. Still need that folder sorting though :( getting to have too many patches stored in "local" or "cloud"....

Well done for putting out the video. I know from my real life that they can take a lot of time and effort, but don't underestimate how much of a positive effect they can have for folks on the fence and your best existing salesmen (your users!).

Agree (again) about the folders. The organizing of patches is a bigger deal than it might appear. The easier it is to keep and use what we make, the more we use the app etc etc.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@sinosoidal said:

For me, the most two important conclusions from this thread are:

• AU V3 support on iOS
    • Preset management

I will try to fulfil this requests during the next updates! ;)

• edited May 2017

@sinosoidal

This is my happy face :)

• @sinosoidal said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@sinosoidal said:

• AU V3 support on iOS
    • Preset management

Yabba yabba dooooooooo!

• @sinosoidal said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@sinosoidal said:

• AU V3 support on iOS
    • Preset management

You have it there in one....or is that two ;)

Yeah AU and Preset Management are all this app needs to become a must have for iOS. Do this and make sure we have external bank save and I will make a whole patch bank for free (presuming no more degradation of health on my part).

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@sinosoidal said:

• AU V3 support on iOS
    • Preset management

Yeah AU and Preset Management are all this app needs to become a must have for iOS. Do this and make sure we have external bank save and I will make a whole patch bank for free (presuming no more degradation of health on my part).

OMG yes. +1000 for both the features and the free preset bank :D

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@sinosoidal said:

• AU V3 support on iOS
    • Preset management

Ok, let me rephrase that, I meant a whole bank that the dev can sell to help maintain investment :p

• DRC no longer opens after updating today. iPad 3, 9.3.5.

• Simple question (from a simpleton): Can I customize, define, these chord pads?

drc.png 176.7K
  • @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@sinosoidal said:

• AU V3 support on iOS
    • Preset management

@Keebo said:
    DRC no longer opens after updating today. iPad 3, 9.3.5.

I'm really sorry to know. :worried:

I think the problem is with 9.3.5. You are the third person who reports that which is running 9.3.5

All my test devices are on iOS 10 already. When I get home I will check my old iPhone 4S to see which OS it's running on.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Simple question (from a simpleton): Can I customize, define, these chord pads?

It will be possible just like you can on LK chorder module.

• @sinosoidal said:

Thanks for the reply. I have absolutely no idea what it means :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@sinosoidal said:

The background is already prepared. It needs UI for that to happen. On LK we have already done that. Check it out here: https://www.imaginando.pt/products/lk/modules/chorder

• @Keebo said:

I'm really sorry to know. :worried:

I think the problem is with 9.3.5. You are the third person who reports that which is running 9.3.5

All my test devices are on iOS 10 already. When I get home I will check my old iPhone 4S to see which OS it's running on.

@sinosoidal Thank you.

• @sinosoidal said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@sinosoidal said:

The background is already prepared. It needs UI for that to happen. On LK we have already done that. Check it out here: https://www.imaginando.pt/products/lk/modules/chorder

Ah, I see. OK, looking forward :)

• Can Anybody test DRC with Auria? Or all work only in Cubasis )
    I very want to use it but sync doesn't work in Auria
    May be it will work from audiobus
    And will wait auv3

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@sinosoidal said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@sinosoidal said:

Ah, I see. OK, looking forward :)

Yeah me too. I love the thoughtful UI offered in DRC (better than traditional keyboard) and will like it more with options like this.

• @sinosoidal thanks for all of your hard work on DRC. It is an amazing synth.

And as an iOS AUv3? DRC will be unstoppable! Can't wait!

• edited May 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I have to say, DRC is such an easy synth to program in my opinion. I would have made hundreds of patches for it, if only it had a decent way to save sounds to my Google Drive.

When the new save system arrives, DRC will shoot to my number one spot for subtractive synth sounds.

@hexagonsun83 said:

@Cib said:

@hexagonsun83 said:

@Cib said:

@hexagonsun83 said:

@Cib said:
    Well, you can have several instances with the plug-in and you have the DAW integration (automations and such). It's a huge different!
    But i must say that this app feels def. more home on a touch screen since the plug-in lacks some important things like mouse wheel support and proper patch management (the thing because i gave up on Korg).
    If these things are sorted i would buy it but..

As a sounddesigner i rely on the touch screen. I have much more powerful plugins on the desktop, but don't work with them because i don't really like it...

With patch sync that wouldn't be an issue. But 90 bucks is a little too much for that little ...especially since my Novation Peak is scheduled to arrive in a little over a month :D

I see it often the other way. Fine editing on touch screen is still a pain for me and i'm a lot faster with my trackpad. I can zoom in/out faster and whatever.
    I also like to layer stuff (20 or more intances of different instruments with different FX).
    Preferences ;)

Sorry that is just very hard to believe. Maybe you should have your hand/eye coordination checked out...Or maybe stop using Korg Odyssei :-p

Believe it or not :p
    It depends on the app. Some apps are terrible (you named it, Odyssei f.e.) while others are perfect for touch screen (Borderlands Granular).
    Sliders are in general better as knobs for me on touch screens but they need more space.
    The two finger scroll fine editing on my trackpad works so much better for me than with my finger. Often when i left the finger the value jumps.....aaargh.
    Personal preferences. I like multi-touch but also find it sometimes overrated and it isn´t the best way for everything.
    Model 15 is great but terrible to edit for me compared to a similar modular on my mac.
    I still like the combination of both and try to use the best of it.
    But DRC is a good synth on every platform i think (it still needs some work in some areas to compete with other synths).

If everybody would just do knobs as Thor does, we wouldn't even talk about it anymore...Thor nailed it. The ultra skeumorphic approach like model 15 doesn't really work for me either, agree with you there. Maybe on an iPad Pro, but on a 9,7" it looks beautiful but...

And that's exactly what sets DRC apart, a functional, clean interface, freed from the shackles of skeumorphism...I get into a great workflow on it, it is just a dream to handle on an iPad.

All those dangly cables on Model15, yuck...

Yah DRC nails it.

• 10000000000000000% agree!

@theartwebreathe said:
    @sinosoidal thanks for all of your hard work on DRC. It is an amazing synth.

And as an iOS AUv3? DRC will be unstoppable! Can't wait!

• How expansive is the Factory Expansion?

• @sinosoidal said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@sinosoidal said:

• AU V3 support on iOS
    • Preset management

AU! :heart: :smiley:

• @Denzkps said:
    Can Anybody test DRC with Auria? Or all work only in Cubasis )
    I very want to use it but sync doesn't work in Auria
    May be it will work from audiobus
    And will wait auv3

I'll try to get to it later unless someone else hops in.

Great to hear there is a plan to improve this great synth, I swore I wouldn't get another but ... quality.

• @AudioGus said:
    How expansive is the Factory Expansion?

Wild guess, a 100? Same maybe for the 'Sounds From Outer Space' pack I picked up today. Was thinking there were too many odd outer space sounds (what the hell was I expecting?), but I starred the ones that really caught my ear and ended up with a dozen or so I can imagine using or at least adjusting etc. Did I mention I want more foldery type options please...?

• edited May 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:
    How expansive is the Factory Expansion?

Wild guess, a 100? Same maybe for the 'Sounds From Outer Space' pack I picked up today. Was thinking there were too many odd outer space sounds (what the hell was I expecting?), but I starred the ones that really caught my ear and ended up with a dozen or so I can imagine using or at least adjusting etc. Did I mention I want more foldery type options please...?

Cool thanks man, totaly worth it, especially now that it sounds like an AU is in the pipe. This will be sweet!

• @sinosoidal said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@sinosoidal said:

• AU V3 support on iOS
    • Preset management

Aaaand a randomizer? Or are we just being greedy now :wink:

• @Keebo said:

Yeah, insta-crash here too on iPhone 6s Plus iOS 9.3.5
    :(

• Has anyone else had trouble restoring purchases since the update? I get "Regrant Failed" message. Sent a couple messages to support, no response yet.@sinosoidal?
    @ AudioGus. I believe the Factory Expansion pack has 99 presets. I'll let you know for sure when I get it back.

• @srcer said:

@Keebo said:

Yeah, insta-crash here too on iPhone 6s Plus iOS 9.3.5
    :(

Same for me, crashing on iPhone 6+ running 9.3.5