Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRC: My newest crush.............

Bromance with an app?

Cyber slut for synths?

I love the way you move that oscillator back and forth.

Anyway. I just wanted to ask if anyone has gotten deep into DRC like I have?

This synth is really a monster. It is amazing how much work the developer puts into it.

I am finding that is more and more a staple for me.

This and MOOD are seeming to see more prime time action as I finally take slight breaks from Animoog and Model 15 for the first time.

This app to me is much like an Animoog / Nave sound but with a Microbrute type bite.

It did take some time, but I am glad I stuck with this one. I am shocked that the range of a preset can have between octaves.

Lofi, House, Dub, Tech, and Industrial is what I use it for.

Comments

• Drc is so amazing that I purchased it for my PC as well. That being said. I wish someone would go and make a deep sound design tutorial series for it. I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface with it :(

• great great synth. Would be amazing as an AU.

• This IS a great but of schmutter (not the river in Bavaria). Might have flown under some radars, but worth a look if one of those was yours...

• AU please?????

• It's already Universal :)

• Awesome dev too!!
    Looking into creating randomizer for easier preset creation!!! :o

• Yep, one of my faves! Dev dun good

• @Richtowns said:
    Yep, one of my faves! Dev dun good

This

• The implementation of DRC's filter/drive implementation is plain excellence in the VA domain. Delay/Reverb modulation is a smart idea B)

• well it IS f*ing brilliant! I haven't even delved into the depths...

• put me in the pile that has no doubt this is a beast of a synth - rivaled by few, but it doesn't get the use it deserves in my productions for whatever reason.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Drc is so amazing that I purchased it for my PC as well. That being said. I wish someone would go and make a deep sound design tutorial series for it. I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface with it :(

We are doing a tutorial series for DRC. Subscribe our channel. We are releasing a new video each week

• @Halftone said:

put me in the pile that has no doubt this is a beast of a synth - rivaled by few, but it doesn't get the use it deserves in my productions for whatever reason.

What's missing? :)

• We are working on a update. This release is mostly fixing problems.

1.1.4 - Changelog

• New sound bank (this one will have contributions from @RustiK, @Fruitbat1919, and @RedSkyLullaby... thank you so much guys ;) )
    • Background Audio option is now off by default (some people were complaining about battery drain)
    • Implemented Polyphonic Aftertouch support
    • Implemented Midi Out Channel support (settings panel)
    • Implemented fail safe case when loading projects where saved patch had no parameters
    • Implemented mobile remote support on Windows
    • Fixed a bug that would cause Factory Expansion bank unavailability on desktop versions
    • Fixed a bug that would cause DRC VST sound engine to crash while navigating patches on same daw's
    • Fixed a bug that would cause incoherence on radio buttons across presets (eg: OSC modulation panel)
  • @sinosoidal said:
    @Halftone said:

put me in the pile that has no doubt this is a beast of a synth - rivaled by few, but it doesn't get the use it deserves in my productions for whatever reason.

What's missing? :)

can't really say anythings missing - it's great in many ways, but for whatever reason I don't use it as much as I should. I guess one thing is it does take up quite a bit of CPU - ok on my iphone6s but my ipad4 can barely run it with other music apps running at same time. not a fault of the app though.

• @sinosoidal said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    Drc is so amazing that I purchased it for my PC as well. That being said. I wish someone would go and make a deep sound design tutorial series for it. I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface with it :(

We are doing a tutorial series for DRC. Subscribe our channel. We are releasing a new video each week

This is great (as is the look of the next update!)....

Thanks for your support and work.

• Is everyone making tons of presets on DRC?
    Anyone interested in a randomizer feature?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Is everyone making tons of presets on DRC?

Raises both hands................................................

• @Halftone said:

I was like that until I said Animoog, step off for a moment and let the new kid play that position.

And bam, Animoog is ok with it.

I love the change. (for now)

• @sinosoidal said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

:)

• I'm glad I revisited this now I know how to program a synth. This is a great one for doing so simply.

• @RustiK said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Randomizer is a great feature in any synth for sure.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

@RustiK said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

I could use if for EVERYTHING!

Even my clothes to wear, food to eat, you name it.

• @RustiK said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@RustiK said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

I actually had a friend who lived like that for a number of years. He didn't believe in wasting brain power of daily routine decisions so developed a random methodology to decide what to wear, where to go, etc. It was very funny.

• edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gusgranite said:

@RustiK said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@RustiK said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

I actually had a friend who lived like that for a number of years. He didn't believe in wasting brain power of daily routine decisions so developed a random methodology to decide what to wear, where to go, etc. It was very funny.

The Dice Man.

• @RustiK said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@RustiK said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

That's it! We are going to make t-shirts and mugs!!! :smiley:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

@RustiK said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@RustiK said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

The Dice Man.

That is actually better than having a wardrobe with the same clothes for everyday! :smiley:

• @sinosoidal i got a question. how do i back up my presets ? I prefer to back up my custom made presets offline but all i see is cloud saving. talking about the windows VST.

• @RustiK said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

A simple randomiser can easily create patches that create empty or really confusing and noisy sounds. We want to do something more intelligent. Our problem is just one. Too many tasks for a single programmer. It takes time! :tired_face:

What are the best randomisers you have seen around? Can you name the apps?