Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video...WIZIBEL by KLEVGR Tutorial and Preview of 2 New Themes that are Coming Soon

Comments

• @sundhage said:
    FYI: The update is submitted to iTunes, and with some luck it'll be out before the weekend. We'll release it as soon as it has passed. We're right now working on a few new features; multiple colors and images in some of the existing themes, a few new themes and the possibility to globally add a watermark image.

Perfect, thanks a bunch!

• @sundhage perfect. Love the app. Exactly the piece I was missing to quickly make a decent video along side my tracks and pieces.

• @sundhage said:
    FYI: The update is submitted to iTunes, and with some luck it'll be out before the weekend. We'll release it as soon as it has passed. We're right now working on a few new features; multiple colors and images in some of the existing themes, a few new themes and the possibility to globally add a watermark image.

Looking forward to the update! The new themes with multi-image animated slide-show control (Ken Burns-esque effect?) Makes this worth it for me. But, I have a question... I couldn't tell for sure in Doug's video, but do the image slideshow transitions also react at all to the track's beat or frequency changes like the animated overlays do?

• @skiphunt said:

@sundhage said:

Looking forward to the update! The new themes with multi-image animated slide-show control (Ken Burns-esque effect?) Makes this worth it for me. But, I have a question... I couldn't tell for sure in Doug's video, but do the image slideshow transitions also react at all to the track's beat or frequency changes like the animated overlays do?

Nope, the transitions are not controlled by / responsive to audio. In the 1.1.0 update there will only be one theme with multi-image functionality. Upcoming versions will add this option to some of the other themes as well (currently working on that).

Btw, if you like the app, please rate it on the app store. It means a lot to us, and in the long run it'll make it possible for us to put more time/effort in shipping updated versions.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I can see this 'look' become a post standard for a lot of folks on YT, at least for a while. Good to hear more tweaks are in the pipe, with a little more flexibility I think this could really inhabit a vacuum.

The 'look' put me off at first - I don't want my vids to look like templates, but the new themes allow more customisation, and disabling the zoom for example, turns it into a nifty slideshow creator.

I think it has a chance of being widespread (if it 'takes off' with the kids/is properly/luckily promoted) because it's so simple. Plug in this and that and off we go with the waveform trick to make it more than a still image. For all of iMovie's faults, you can of course easily do far more, BUT it also requires that next level of work and forethought. This is far more instagrammy (technical term) and quick to setup/execute (so you can get on with making more silly noise :) ),,,,

• @sundhage said:

@skiphunt said:

@sundhage said:

Nope, the transitions are not controlled by / responsive to audio. In the 1.1.0 update there will only be one theme with multi-image functionality. Upcoming versions will add this option to some of the other themes as well (currently working on that).

Btw, if you like the app, please rate it on the app store. It means a lot to us, and in the long run it'll make it possible for us to put more time/effort in shipping updated versions.

So, not all of the beta features in Doug's video will be in the 1.1.0 update? :(

I'll for sure add a review, but since you said the update was coming, I figured I'd wait for it to drop so that it doesn't get hidden as a review from a previous build. :)

• @sundhage said:

@skiphunt said:

@sundhage said:

In the 1.1.0 update there will only be one theme with multi-image functionality

Is that the theme with the option to disable the zoom/image movement?

That's essential for me, and gives any videos I create less of a template look and feel

• @MonzoPro said:

@sundhage said:

@skiphunt said:

@sundhage said:

That's essential for me, and gives any videos I create less of a template look and feel

Yes, in the slideshow theme you can set the zoom amount to zero and make it a still image.

• @skiphunt said:

@sundhage said:

@skiphunt said:

@sundhage said:

So, not all of the beta features in Doug's video will be in the 1.1.0 update? :(

I'll for sure add a review, but since you said the update was coming, I figured I'd wait for it to drop so that it doesn't get hidden as a review from a previous build. :)

Dougs demo is the 1.1.0 (the one that's waiting for review at app store).

• @sundhage said:

@MonzoPro said:

@sundhage said:

@skiphunt said:

@sundhage said:

Yes, in the slideshow theme you can set the zoom amount to zero and make it a still image.

Brilliant

• @sundhage said:

@skiphunt said:

@sundhage said:

@skiphunt said:

@sundhage said:

Dougs demo is the 1.1.0 (the one that's waiting for review at app store).

Groovy, thx

• So glad I grabbed this gem!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    So glad I grabbed this gem!

Yeah, can't wait for the update, I've got a stack of tracks ready for it.

• It just passed review, should be available in 3-6 hours :)

• @sundhage said:
    It just passed review, should be available in 3-6 hours :)

Whoo!

• Just tried the new slideshow theme, and the images in the exported vid were pushed into the top right, with a black border right and bottom. I'll try again, but the VU meters don't seem to be overlaid, and are pushing the images over instead. Looked fine in the preview.

• edited April 2017

Yep, tried with the default slideshow settings and photos and images shoved over to the top right.

iPhone SE

• Doh! Terrible sorry about that, something must have happened in the last changes. Will fix this asap!

• @sundhage I'm getting similar to MonzoPro: in Slideshow Lite export VU's are in correct position but photo-slot images are positioned upper-Left with black background. (Deleted and Reinstalled app with same results upon export)

The Electro Flare is working / exporting wonderfully.

I'm completely in love with Wizibel -- med kärlek och tack xx!

• @Proppa said:
    @sundhage I'm getting similar to MonzoPro: in Slideshow Lite export VU's are in correct position but photo-slot images are positioned upper-Left with black background. (Deleted and Reinstalled app with same results upon export)

Thanks man! I'm currently uploading the fixed version (v1.1.1) to App Store. Will have to go through the reviewal process again (argh), but it should be out in a couple of days.

• @sundhage said:
    go through the reviewal process again (argh), but it should be out in a couple of days.

Great news and Thanks!

• @sundhage said:

@Proppa said:
    @sundhage I'm getting similar to MonzoPro: in Slideshow Lite export VU's are in correct position but photo-slot images are positioned upper-Left with black background. (Deleted and Reinstalled app with same results upon export)

Thanks man! I'm currently uploading the fixed version (v1.1.1) to App Store. Will have to go through the reviewal process again (argh), but it should be out in a couple of days.

No sweat, thanks for your hard work.

• thanks for the info monzo and all
    done deal

• The fixed version (v1.1.1) just got approved (some kind of record for us, took about 6 hours, use to take 1-2 days)! Will be available in a couple of hours. Sorry about any inconvenience.

• @sundhage said:
    The fixed version (v1.1.1) just got approved (some kind of record for us, took about 6 hours, use to take 1-2 days)! Will be available in a couple of hours. Sorry about any inconvenience.

No problem, thank you for the lighting fast fix!

Works perfectly, so I'll be busy today making vids!

• @MonzoPro said:

@sundhage said:
    The fixed version (v1.1.1) just got approved (some kind of record for us, took about 6 hours, use to take 1-2 days)! Will be available in a couple of hours. Sorry about any inconvenience.

Cool! Please let us know if you share anything :)

Btw, here's a overview of all the themes on YouTube. We'll update this playlist is more themes are added.

• edited April 2017

@sundhage said:

@MonzoPro said:

@sundhage said:

Cool! Please let us know if you share anything :)

Btw, here's a overview of all the themes on YouTube. We'll update this playlist is more themes are added.

Thanks. I'm struggling a bit with the file sizes - tried uploading Medium sized vids to YouTube but it tells me they're going to take 'about 2 hours' and then abort after about 20 minutes. I uploaded a Low resolution vid earlier, but that still seem to be about 130mb and took quite a while - maybe the YouTube server is slow today, my broadband is reasonably quick though. I'm not an expert on video creation so I guess that's just how big video files are, but I'll post a link when this one has finished uploading - the previous one is a bit weird and might scare the horses.

• Here's a dodgy thing, using the new slideshow theme:

• Bit of zoom action going on in this one: