Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget update available now.audio recording.

Comments

• @db909 said:
    I can't drag the end loop points on any timelines. It just doesn't work.

Does. Found it sticky to start with, but seems to work after a fashion now. As does the single finger slide to move the chosen piece around. I did run to the manual (very rare) to see if there were more Zurich clues, but hasn't been updated. Pity.

• My Madrid tracks have gone incredibly quiet - anyone else getting this?

• @JiggyWig said:
    My Madrid tracks have gone incredibly quiet - anyone else getting this?

Existing/previous or new stuff?

• @Enkerli said:
    So, iM1 is on sale. Aren’t Abu Dhabi and Bilbao cheaper than usual as well?
    Doesn’t sound like the Mac version is ready just yet, but it’s already the opening of the “Season of Threes”. Gadget 3 is first, Audiobus 3 should be second, and BeatMaker 3 will eventually come out.

Looking at it from Sweden I'd say Gladstone and Madrid are approximately $5 off. I'm saying that as I have yet to purchase them and waited for this launch, and they indeed look cheaper than last week.

• edited March 2017

Zurich is going to take some head/getting round. I was thinking/imagining that I would simply have, say, an 8 bar piece and drop in a three bar sample and then scroll across and add another different sample somewhere else on the same chunk. Apparently not (or, if so, not obviously apparent how...)

• @ecamburn said:
    before buying bilbao make sure you check out the features of recife. They're very similar and recife is free

Oops! Was too quick on the buy button. Had prepared to pay for new gadgets anyway so paying for Bilbao isn’t breaking my budget, yet.
    Just hope @JohannesD will have introductory pricing on his MIDI filters. ;-)

• Huge mental boner!!

Too bad I got stuff to do!

• @ecamburn said:
    before buying bilbao make sure you check out the features of recife. They're very similar and recife is free

Was thinking this too. Any difference other than time?

So far all three seem gimmicky to me. I no longer have an i/o so I can't really comment on Rosario. But it all just seems like a clusterfuck of a workflow with gadgets and audio. Hey, it was free and Im sure somebody eventually will whip up something creative that may sway me.

• @hellquist said:
    Looking at it from Sweden I'd say Gladstone and Madrid are approximately $5 off. I'm saying that as I have yet to purchase them and waited for this launch, and they indeed look cheaper than last week.

Interesting. They’re still twice the price of each of the other two, here in Canada. Was more interested in Bilbao and Abu Dhabi, as they’re “more different”.
    What do you think of Recife? Not that it’s a replacement for Gladstone but if you’re into drum modules...

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@ecamburn said:

The only differences I've noted so far are pluses in the recife column:

*reverse samples
    *repeat button connected to a speed knob. speed goes from measure to 1/64th. combined with choke groups, I can see this repeat/speed combo opening up some really nice possibilities.

Haven't checked whether recife takes longer samples than bilbao. But I think one of the potential use of the repeat/speed buttons is to trigger loops.

• If I recall Madrid was on sale for $4.99 it's $9.99?

• The sad thing is, after spending so much time with KRFT, with Gadget now it's like:

"Oh how quaint, they have a scene-based timeline! Remember those honey?"

• Mardrid was never less than $9.99 I don't think.
    But iWavestation is on sale for $19.99. Decisions...

• @ecamburn said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@ecamburn said:

The only differences I've noted so far are pluses in the recife column:

*reverse samples
    *repeat button connected to a speed knob.

Well, not noticing a way to import samples into Recife... Wanted the sampler more than the rompler.

• Disable ripple animation!

Thank you for listening Korg.
    And...thank you for the free gadgets.

• @db909 said:
    The sad thing is, after spending so much time with KRFT, with Gadget now it's like:

"Oh how quaint, they have a scene-based timeline! Remember those honey?"

Exactly this. I'm having a blast with KRFT and am riding a wave of creativity on it.

• edited March 2017

OK, I haven't had time to test myself yet, but over in iPad Musician Group, it has been suggested that Gadget is AB/IAA compatible, and has been forever. I seem to recall it working as an input, but isn't the real desire with these new audio gadgets to be able to record live vox/guitar INTO Gadget? For that it would need to be available as an Output, which, again, IIRC it never was.

Has that changed? Can Gadget be used as an output for IAA and Audiobus now? Can anyone confirm?

Feeling ... dis ... conn ... ected :confused:

• Me too but I really can't wait for KRFT midi out to create awesome stuff into Gadget or simply use Gadget as a sound source. Need Madrid though bass and guitars are so weak in Gadget.

• edited March 2017

My understanding is that Gadget has been an IAA/AB output for a long time

With the new audio tracks (Zurich), you can record audio via hardware input (audio card or ipad mic), but not through AB/IAA. In other words, it doesn't have an IAA/AB input. You can however, import audio files into these audio tracks

• Best thing ever ;^)

• So am I missing something. Recife seems like it could be so awesome and the sounds it has from what I can tell are great. There does seem to be a lack of importing your own samples inside.

• edited March 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JiggyWig said:
    My Madrid tracks have gone incredibly quiet - anyone else getting this?

Existing/previous or new stuff?

Old track. Made the day Lexington released. Madrid is very quiet and I can't get it back up in the mix where it used to be. Could be the other tracks are louder and it's the same.

I'm going to bounce it to audio in the morning. I think I still have my original bounces on the iMac....if so I will do a comparison.

• edited March 2017

@gmslayton said:
    So am I missing something. Recife seems like it could be so awesome and the sounds it has from what I can tell are great. There does seem to be a lack of importing your own samples inside.

Crap I think you're right. Why would they do that?

Pinging @Blipsford_Baubie on this

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:
    I can't drag the end loop points on any timelines. It just doesn't work.

Does. Found it sticky to start with, but seems to work after a fashion now. As does the single finger slide to move the chosen piece around. I did run to the manual (very rare) to see if there were more Zurich clues, but hasn't been updated. Pity.

You are able to drag the entire clip in the timeline? I'm able to move endpoints and move the clip with the original footprint of the clip, but not past the original end point.

• edited March 2017

You can't route Gadgets into Rosario? Well back to KRFT for me...

• @Halftone said:
    Hesitant to upgrade on my iPad 4. Hoping it doesn't take a performance hit ... anybody out there with iPad 4 update and comment?

(Not sure it'd this was answered yet...damn things been out 2 hours and already there's nearly 100 comments here...LOL).

Not an update here, but a fresh install to my ipad4 (I normally use my mini2), but it runs fine and dandy. I imported some audio, and messed with the new drum machine...all good. It was just a 10-15 minute test but no glitches or anything bad. It was sluggish when I was navigating through the audio wave form but it wasn't too bad. I'd say go for it but with no previous run history on the 4, I can't be sure.

• Was I wrong in expecting some kind of time-stretch option when I change the tempo on an audio sample?

• @eustressor said:
    OK, I haven't had time to test myself yet, but over in iPad Musician Group, it has been suggested that Gadget is AB/IAA compatible, and has been forever. I seem to recall it working as an input, but isn't the real desire with these new audio gadgets to be able to record live vox/guitar INTO Gadget? For that it would need to be available as an Output, which, again, IIRC it never was.

Has that changed? Can Gadget be used as an output for IAA and Audiobus now? Can anyone confirm?

Feeling ... dis ... conn ... ected :confused:

From the Gs to the Ks (just in case) and nothing to be seen, sadly...

• Zurich is fuckin awesome!

• so can you record directly into the new audio gadgets via audiobus or iaa, or do you only import samples in via audioshare?