Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 launches Monday, April 3rd!

Comments

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian also, do you know if any of the midi apps that are going to be available will use slide in too?

Yes. Quite a few of them. Not sure if all.

• @Sebastian said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian also, do you know if any of the midi apps that are going to be available will use slide in too?

Well it sounds like this could be very user friendly live. I'm presuming that all the midi apps are going to be fully AB3 compatible, so that they load into background too?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Sebastian said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Well it sounds like this could be very user friendly live. I'm presuming that all the midi apps are going to be fully AB3 compatible, so that they load into background too?

Yes.

• @Sebastian sorry for all the questions :)

In the midi page, can you send different compatible midi controllers to the same app?

• Here's hoping TC Data becomes fully AB3 compatible :)

• edited March 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian sorry for all the questions :)

In the midi page, can you send different compatible midi controllers to the same app?

Yes.

You can also send the same MIDI controller to multiple apps. MIDI doesn't have most of the limitations of audio.

• I can see the slide over Audiobus Remote app will be very useful too when updated :)

• @Sebastian said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian sorry for all the questions :)

Yes.

You can also send the same MIDI controller to multiple apps. MIDI doesn't have most of the limitations of audio.

Handy for layering, looking forward to this + MIDI Bundle.

• @Sebastian, please can you tell me the launch price, I've got some store credit and other apps to purchase, but don't want to leave myself short. Thanks

• @sebastian. I got around 30$ on me. Would that be enough to grab ab3 and a few midi filter apps ? Just wondering if I need to save up more....

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    @sebastian. I got around 30$ on me. Would that be enough to grab ab3 and a few midi filter apps ? Just wondering if I need to save up more....

I should buy some food first.

• @Proto said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    @sebastian. I got around 30$ on me. Would that be enough to grab ab3 and a few midi filter apps ? Just wondering if I need to save up more....

I should buy some food first.

Music is the food of life :p

• So excited!

However I have 1 nervous worry about AB3 and that is the fate of Audiobus Remote.

A few months ago I found it incredibly useful but it began to get buggy and I kept meaning to ask here but I thought 'Oh AB3 is almost with us.'

Ive seen no mention of Remote so far so Im hoping it not going to be abandoned or neglected. Ive found workflows that sort of work with out it but seen as Remote opened up full power of the iPad (pro 9.7) and gave a 2nd life to my old ipad 3rd gen id be sad.

Plus what with apples general turnaround with new ipad models, ways to keep older models useful would to me at least make a lot of sense.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

AudioBus 3 was mentioned as being 9,99
    Midi Filter Bundle quite likely 9,99 as well (maybe slightly more)
    so 30 should be sufficient ...

• @Calverhall said:
    So excited!

However I have 1 nervous worry about AB3 and that is the fate of Audiobus Remote.

A few months ago I found it incredibly useful but it began to get buggy and I kept meaning to ask here but I thought 'Oh AB3 is almost with us.'

Ive seen no mention of Remote so far so Im hoping it not going to be abandoned or neglected. Ive found workflows that sort of work with out it but seen as Remote opened up full power of the iPad (pro 9.7) and gave a 2nd life to my old ipad 3rd gen id be sad.

Plus what with apples general turnaround with new ipad models, ways to keep older models useful would to me at least make a lot of sense.

I agree! Audiobus Remote is a very useful app.

• Sorry to ask but i must :#
    Is there a chance that the mixer (sliders, knobs) can be midi cc controlled as well?
    If not, not the world´s end of course! :)

• Stop asking or giving ideas or we'll never see it released! :D :s :p :# o:) <3

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Stop asking or giving ideas or we'll never see it released! :D :s :p :# o:) <3

Still some time until monday >:)

• ok, i'm not attencione whore but still have serious problems with audiobus 2.4 . Now its only pattern and turnado via link.. we are all mocking big names, corporates..but they put money into making as flawless products as possible. I know ios music making design is young, but come on20 years from making pc music stable should pay of here somehow.. I remembrer the times people were choosing hardware only because it was more stable than soft..now i know how they felt..I feel the same..come on guys..come on Lars, you're watching this forum..make a new language which will link(but with different name) all aps flawlesly..and idea of panic button in audiobus 3 brought by other user is great and essential

• &€#%$$$$]^{%}^++{>

• @Mateusz said:
    &€#%$$$$]^{%}^++{>

Hi Mateusz,

Contact me via our support portal, so we can troubleshoot this together. This is not the ideal place for tech support.

Here's the link: https://audiobus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Cheers!

• Soooooo ,making an app AB3 ready does this mean that the app also supports state saving ? Or it will remain optional feature ?
    (I can ask this question every day until launch :p )

• @Korakios said:
    Soooooo ,making an app AB3 ready does this mean that the app also supports state saving ? Or it will remain optional feature ?
    (I can ask this question every day until launch :p )

Every app is Audiobus 3 ready.

Updating to the Audiobus 3 SDK however just means an app can be launched into the background.

State saving is optional.

Audio Unit Extensions get state saving by default though.

• Not piling on ('m looking forward to the release) but last night Patterning reset itself while running in AB2.4, all i did was press on the AB icon to load another app and poof. Sounds like Matteusz has a similar issue?

Patterning completely reset and the AB slot was empty, i had my Traktor Kontrol Z1 connected at the time, could be a bug with that but will AB3 have any type of autosave or recovery if something does flip out, any fail safes in place?

Panic button sounds interesting.

• Panic button IS interesting :blush:

• @musikmachine said:
    Not piling on ('m looking forward to the release) but last night Patterning reset itself while running in AB2.4, all i did was press on the AB icon to load another app and poof. Sounds like Matteusz has a similar issue?

Patterning completely reset and the AB slot was empty, i had my Traktor Kontrol Z1 connected at the time, could be a bug with that but will AB3 have any type of autosave or recovery if something does flip out, any fail safes in place?

We might add a panic button gesture but we've tried to avoid things like that because it shouldn't be necessary. I'm going to contact the developer of Patterning to see what's up with this.

• More than likely I won't get anywhere near using all of AB3's capabilities, but I can't wait to get hold of it.

• @Brain said:
    More than likely I won't get anywhere near using all of AB3's capabilities, but I can't wait to get hold of it.

I plan to attempt too. lol. And me either!

• edited March 2017

@Sebastian said:

@lnikj said:

@Sebastian said:

@Cib said:
    I wonder if MIDI apps can modulate other MIDI apps inside Audiobus 3 and if they run always in serial or can they run parallel as well (which could be tricky of course with MIDI apps).
    I also hope for drop and drag changing of the order of apps in general.
    I hope we find out soon.

Interesting concept. If they're apps by the same developer I think that's doable. But it wouldn't be trivial.

Are you saying that it will NOT provide for the routing of, say, a note producing app into a chord app into an arpeggiator and out to a synth?

Oh that's possible. I was just thinking more along the way of apps telling other apps which scale they're in etc. That's possible too, but to make that work between apps of different developers we'd have to standardize that.

Pick a cc or even better use a NRPN's and leave the CC's for synths etc.., everyone use the same NRPN's....the normal method for this would be note in, but using NRPN means you can send just a keychange message and still have ability to use normal note in for playing notes(which you may want to add accidentals) .

• @Sebastian said:

@musikmachine said:
    Not piling on ('m looking forward to the release) but last night Patterning reset itself while running in AB2.4, all i did was press on the AB icon to load another app and poof. Sounds like Matteusz has a similar issue?

We might add a panic button gesture but we've tried to avoid things like that because it shouldn't be necessary. I'm going to contact the developer of Patterning to see what's up with this.

I think panic button would be good, people will use hardware as well, and MIDI has always had glitches (usually caused by user error in routing or getting midi loops (routing not clips) ) .