Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 launches Monday, April 3rd!

Comments

• @Munibeast said:
    So Apple still haven't approved the midi apps? I hope there isn't something they consider some kind of security threat inside these that requires some fundamental changes made before they get the green light. There must be something going on because the reviewing time is generally pretty short now, isn't it? Please keep us updated!

MIDI could be a variation of ISIS ... Best to be careful ...

• So can we have AB3 then, PLEASE?

• @Sebastian said:

@Munibeast said:
    So Apple still haven't approved the midi apps?

They have passed review. :)

Does that mean AB3 is now ready to go?

• I would really like to use it in a rehearsal tomorrow and in concert day after tomorrow. Ideally get it set up before tomorrow. So unless there's any other snag it would be very very nice if we could have it like...
    ...now?

• This is torture :confounded:

• so it's coming soon, he? just waiting for the right constellation of stars and planets ...

• @nick said:
    so it's coming soon, he? just waiting for the right constellation of stars and planets ...

Hahahahaha.

@Munibeast said:
    This is torture :confounded:

I know right!

• I even would like to have an Audiobus version for desktop.
    All this things invented because of needed workarounds in iOS can be sometimes faster and/or more interesting than the stuff i have on my mac.
    Another thing i wonder is if MIDI script apps would be possible. In Logic f.e. you can script your own MIDI FX.
    I wonder if it´s forbidden for iOS apps to do such things.

• @Master_Ascendant said:

@nick said:
    so it's coming soon, he? just waiting for the right constellation of stars and planets ...

Hahahahaha.

@Munibeast said:
    This is torture :confounded:

I know right!

No, we're just waiting for one more app to pass review. It's not a filter but it would be cool if it was ready on launch day. We're most likely going to launch next week.

• @Cib said:
    I even would like to have an Audiobus version for desktop.
    All this things invented because of needed workarounds in iOS can be sometimes faster and/or more interesting than the stuff i have on my mac.
    Another thing i wonder is if MIDI script apps would be possible. In Logic f.e. you can script your own MIDI FX.

There are apps that let people run python scripts in them. So I doubt that's a problem.

• @Cib said:

If MobMuPlat got AB3 support I think it could be done with that?

• @Munibeast said:

@Cib said:

If MobMuPlat got AB3 support I think it could be done with that?

I don't know MobMuPlat. Sorry.

• „MobMuPlat“ von Iglesia Intermedia
    https://appsto.re/de/N09NJ.i

• Can we get some kind of notification by email when it finally drops?

• @Munibeast said:
    Can we get some kind of notification by email when it finally drops?

Yes: https://audiob.us/#newsletter

• @Munibeast said:

Go to the main page/ site and on the left it says subscribe for news.

https://audiob.us/

• @Sebastian said:
    No, we're just waiting for one more app to pass review. It's not a filter but it would be cool if it was ready on launch day. We're most likely going to launch next week.

Riiiight. Will check back in 2 weeks.

• @Empolo said:

@Sebastian said:

Riiiight. Will check back in 2 weeks.

Why wait that long? Next week will be fine. :)

• @Sebastian said:

@Munibeast said:

@Master_Ascendant said:

@Munibeast said:

Thanks and thanks!

• @Munibeast said:

@Sebastian said:

@Munibeast said:

@Master_Ascendant said:

@Munibeast said:

Thanks and thanks!

No prob! :)

• OMG. Audiobus 3 will never launch!!!.

I bet this friday BeatMaker 3 or something it's released and they decide to wait another week for things to cool off and then that week there's a new app that will support AB3 and they decide to wait another week to launch with it... then there's a new function they would like to include... then there's a bug introduced by iOS 10.3.1 that break compatibility so they need to fix it before launching...

Jajaja, just promised me next week it's the real deal, this "we are getting really close" since at least a few weeks ago it's getting really unnerving.

• edited March 2017

@Lacm1993 said:
    OMG. Audiobus 3 will never launch!!!.

I bet this friday BeatMaker 3 or something it's released and they decide to wait another week for things to cool off and then that week there's a new app that will support AB3 and they decide to wait another week to launch with it... then there's a new function they would like to include... then there's a bug introduced by iOS 10.3.1 that break compatibility so they need to fix it before launching...

Jajaja, just promised me next week it's the real deal, this "we are getting really close" since at least a few weeks ago it's getting really unnerving.

Haha, chill. We're launching on Monday. Also keep in mind that we didn't want to announce anything for exactly that reason. I was just reacting to a post on palmsounds that spilled the unofficial launch date. ;)

• See, I have to be patient. I don't have anything that will run iOS 10 yet. lol.

• @Sebastian said:

@Lacm1993 said:
    OMG. Audiobus 3 will never launch!!!.

Haha, chill. We're launching on Monday.

YAAAAAA!

• Which monday? :D

• @Cib said:
    Which monday? :D

Good one.

• @Sebastian said:

@Cib said:

There are apps that let people run python scripts in them. So I doubt that's a problem.

None of them supports Core MIDI :( Max you can do - open and play a MIDI file.

• @Sebastian said:

@Cib said:
    Which monday? :D

Good one.

lol.

• There is a very finite amount of mondays in next week. So I think we have a confirmed date here: 3rd of April 2017.