Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Concentric Rhythm Jeff Holtzkener

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It's lovely.

Enforced pizza turning denied. :)

It's polyrhythmic heaven from my sneaky play at work.

• As I type I am hearing this thing drive multiple channels of ThumbJam, iM1 and a bit of AniMoog thrown in. All whilst being able to generate melodies at a button press, transform and generally muck around with the channels on the fly.

I like it, I like it a lot.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    As I type I am hearing this thing drive multiple channels of ThumbJam, iM1 and a bit of AniMoog thrown in. All whilst being able to generate melodies at a button press, transform and generally muck around with the channels on the fly.

I like it, I like it a lot.

Yup. It's pretty. And it's not done yet I suspect either.

• I have nothing to add to the current wishlist but it's definitely a nice app. AB support alone would be helpful.

• @anickt said:
    I have nothing to add to the current wishlist but it's definitely a nice app. AB support alone would be helpful.

Yes, that is ... sorry ... would be ... very nice. :)

• concerning geometrical, euclidian (well formed) patterns that can be moved while playing, you might like Xronomorph (Win/OSX). It's a free app (rather unusual for such an unique quality sequencer). Including VST/AU hosting and MIDI out, MIDI clock sync.

• @Phil999 said:
    concerning geometrical, euclidian (well formed) patterns that can be moved while playing, you might like Xronomorph (Win/OSX). It's a free app (rather unusual for such an unique quality sequencer). Including VST/AU hosting and MIDI out, MIDI clock sync.

Thanks, I'm going to dust off my laptop and have a play later.

• edited March 2017

Is this akin to Different Drummer for Dummies? Because I might need that

• @db909 said:

Dunno about that. DD was/is far beyond my reach. This, for good or ill (DD fans :)) I sorted out in my limited head in ten minutes. It's cool. And the dev seems like a decent dude. Always a plus.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:

Dunno about that. DD was/is far beyond my reach. This, for good or ill (DD fans :)) I sorted out in my limited head in ten minutes. It's cool. And the dev seems like a decent dude. Always a plus.

Yeh, I've considered DD many times but just know I'll get lost in the complexity and not actually produce anything.

This, on the other hand, is a few clicks away from scratch producing interesting stuff that can be further evolved. Piping it into various synths and intuitively modifying the patterns on the fly is a joy.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:

Yeh, I've considered DD many times but just know I'll get lost in the complexity and not actually produce anything.

This, on the other hand, is a few clicks away from scratch producing interesting stuff that can be further evolved. Piping it into various synths and intuitively modifying the patterns on the fly is a joy.

Just fiddling around with a soft piano in Module and a restrained Thor patch is enough to take up an easy hour.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:

Just fiddling around with a soft piano in Module and a restrained Thor patch is enough to take up an easy hour.

It has high "happy accident" potential too. I was messing around with various instruments in ThumbJab and selected a drum kit by mistake, the results weren't expected but interesting enough to build around.

The ability to generate a melody instantly makes finding a starting point a breeze. Then duplicate the track, pitch shift it or invert it, drive something else ... Hey, where did that time go?

• @TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:

It has high "happy accident" potential too. I was messing around with various instruments in ThumbJab and selected a drum kit by mistake, the results weren't expected but interesting enough to build around.

The ability to generate a melody instantly makes finding a starting point a breeze. Then duplicate the track, pitch shift it or invert it, drive something else ... Hey, where did that time go?

I think there's a shot that the kind dev will add some pattern chaining possibilities also...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:

I think there's a shot that the kind dev will add some pattern chaining possibilities also...

Yum. And some pudding please.

• You're in a treat, trust me. :)

• Coming along very nicely this baby.

• Keep some $ in reserve interested people, MIDI out (and numerous other non-IAP refinements) update imminent ...

• hope it gets landscape.. otherwise: PITA for me :wink:

• @Mayo said:
    hope it gets landscape.. otherwise: PITA for me :wink:

I'd forgotten it was, sorry, is, portrait only. ;)

• edited April 2017

@TheVimFuego said:
    Keep some $ in reserve interested people, MIDI out (and numerous other non-IAP refinements) update imminent ...

i hope link is one of those refinements :D

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    Keep some $ in reserve interested people, MIDI out (and numerous other non-IAP refinements) update imminent ...

i hope link is one of those refinements :D

Still on the roadmap, I have faith it will be added if we all make it worthwhile by chucking some cash B)

• @TheVimFuego said:

Not my thing, I've moved onto Dutch Metalcore Folk Fusion.

• The update for this just dropped. The IAP for midi out is $4.99 It's pretty spectacular! It's also horizontal AND vertical. You can assign different midi channels to each of the concentric circles, solo/mute, etc. Lots of other updates and improvements too.

I think we have a winner folks. :)

• Hi all,

I’m the guy who’s been developing Concentric Rhythm. Thanks to everyone here for the feedback, ideas, and support. It’s been great! I’ve finally released first major update. Here’s what it’s got:

• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus Compatibility
    • MIDI output (each polygon can be assigned to the MIDI channel of your choice - btw, this is an IAP $5.00 USD)
    • Landscape for iPad (I was reluctant about this at first, but ever since I set it up for landscape, it’s the only way that I’ve used it)
    • Completely redesigned Note List (much faster and now integrated into the main display)
    • Velocity based transformations
    • Global reverb control
    • Better import sample management
    • Improved system for project saving
    • You can choose the underlying meter on which the tempo calculation is based
    • Many many bug fixes and dozens more small improvements

What I’m planning to do next:

• Sequencing/chaining patterns together into ‘meta-patterns’ (I’m really looking forward to writing this as soon as I’m sure that everything is smooth with the current update)
    • Ableton Link

Many people here and elsewhere have made lots of great suggestions (big and small) that I’ll try to integrate along the way. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have ideas. I think I’ve got a significantly better app than I had two months ago, and that’s largely from the ideas that everyone has shared with me.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

• AWESOME !!!!!!
    all of these new features make this a killer app!

• Hi Jeff,
    how do we get the midi iap?
    there seems to be nowhere on the app to do this?

• I think that once this gets link I'm pretty much going to be super happy with it :D

• @Mayo
    Just tap on Send MIDI (in Settings) and it should open the dialogue for you

• edited April 2017

@Mayo said:
    Hi Jeff,
    how do we get the midi iap?
    there seems to be nowhere on the app to do this?

Tap on the "Send MIDI" in the options.

@grego68 Might be worth editing the thread title now. :)

• got it!
    thanks