Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why is fiddlewax not in the UK store?

2»

Comments

• @MusicInclusive said:

I still use it. It's still useful to me and to others. It's one of a number, not just in isolation.

See the other thread for a list of other apps that are affected like this.

I know about the other thread.

Contacted the developer of firo anywhere I could but it's seems inactive from most sites/ social media since at least November 2016. So... who knows?, he might answer, he might restore his apps, he might not do anything. He did promise to keep the apps alive and provide maintenance updates.

• A bit annoying. I don't backed it up so it seems i lost it now.
    Things can happen but if there would be at least a warning for customers that they might loose their payed app. Even camel audio gave me some time before they closed down.
    It's another thing about the app store economy which i don't find nice!

• If you're into iOS gaming then it's not uncommon for paid games to be abandoned and not fixed for a new OS update. To say nothing of games requiring servers dying because the maintenance is outstripping the income.

As said before we are effectively leasing these things.

I'm pleased I kept my iPad 2 around, I think it will still find uses far into the future.

• edited February 2017

Ironically i'm fairly certain Firo is a 64bit app. installed it on an ipad mini2 with my local backup and it didn't give the slow down message at all. proceeded to make a dropbox backup so that i have access to it till 64bit gets abandoned.

• I have been wanting to backup NanoStudio before it gets the chop from Apple but Apple don't support app backups on iOS 10 and the newer iTunes versions. Is there any other way I can backup the app on iOS10 and the newer version of iTunes so I can keep it on my MacBook so it is futureproof?

• @Artmuzz said:
    I have been wanting to backup NanoStudio before it gets the chop from Apple but Apple don't support app backups on iOS 10 and the newer iTunes versions. Is there any other way I can backup the app on iOS10 and the newer version of iTunes so I can keep it on my MacBook so it is futureproof?

I always have wishes for a nice Mac program that is reliable to use with backups on iOS...

There are some, but, they always seems to malfunction with every iOS upgrade...

Just drag'n'drop in and out of my many iOS devices...

iTunes is a mess...

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Ironically i'm fairly certain Firo is a 64bit app. installed it on an ipad mini2 with my local backup and it didn't give the slow down message at all. proceeded to make a dropbox backup so that i have access to it till 64bit gets abandoned.

Ah - well - interesting - I hadn't checked that. That is irony.

BUT it goes to show, again, that we can't rely on having what we think we have "paid for" available to us ongoing - which is, ultimately, an erosion of the principle of private ownership of items. Some would say that is contrary to the principles in, for example, the Magna Carta and the founding documents of the USA consequently and could be therefore considered to be un-British or un-American. (Quite apart from any other reasons).

I mean that as a quite serious observation - not being facetious. It's something that's happening increasingly frequently in this digital age. One does not (normally) license a paper book or a teaspoon or a pair of shoes. One owns them. In the digital age we own nothing - really. It's a form of cultural devolution and some would say a renewing of indentured servitude where we are paying only for a privilege to those that have in a master/servant relationship. Surely that's something that it was thought by many that society as a whole has moved away from?

• @Artmuzz said:
    I have been wanting to backup NanoStudio before it gets the chop from Apple but Apple don't support app backups on iOS 10 and the newer iTunes versions. Is there any other way I can backup the app on iOS10 and the newer version of iTunes so I can keep it on my MacBook so it is futureproof?

Take a look at iMazing. Some of its features are free, so you can give it a try and decide whether it's worth a purchase for your needs.

• @busker said:

@Artmuzz said:

Take a look at iMazing. Some of its features are free, so you can give it a try and decide whether it's worth a purchase for your needs.

But, the question still remains: does iMazing work with iOS 10.21?

I certainly would pay $50 for a reliable program to my Mac that could easily add and remove apps from my devices, including backup of everything, or, single items on the iOS devices I own...

• @MusicInclusive said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Ah - well - interesting - I hadn't checked that. That is irony.

BUT it goes to show, again, that we can't rely on having what we think we have "paid for" available to us ongoing - which is, ultimately, an erosion of the principle of private ownership of items. Some would say that is contrary to the principles in, for example, the Magna Carta and the founding documents of the USA consequently and could be therefore considered to be un-British or un-American. (Quite apart from any other reasons).

I mean that as a quite serious observation - not being facetious. It's something that's happening increasingly frequently in this digital age. One does not (normally) license a paper book or a teaspoon or a pair of shoes. One owns them. In the digital age we own nothing - really. It's a form of cultural devolution and some would say a renewing of indentured servitude where we are paying only for a privilege to those that have in a master/servant relationship. Surely that's something that it was thought by many that society as a whole has moved away from?

Its precisely why i never trust cloud backups that i update all my apps on my desktop and then transfer them to my ipad. this way i have the app backups in case something gets pulled. being paranoid seems to have worked out for me in this case lol.

• edited February 2017

@busker said:

@Artmuzz said:

I'll just checked iMazings site...

It's not that clear that iMazing backup & restore single apps works on iOS 10.21...?

Can someone who own the latest paid version of iMazing make a statement: does it work nowadays with iOS 10.21?

• edited February 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Its precisely why i never trust cloud backups that i update all my apps on my desktop and then transfer them to my ipad. this way i have the app backups in case something gets pulled. being paranoid seems to have worked out for me in this case lol.

The cloud is a whole other issue, and I don't want to derail the thread and get off-topic here, but, I heartily agree with the sentiment that "there is no cloud, just someone else's computer". Having come from the days when we used a 300baud acoustic coupler to connect to a remote system where the data was housed, then into the personal computing era where we finally had local control over and access to our data 24/7, there is no way I want to cede control over my data back into this nebulous thing called the cloud. :smiley:

Backups into the cloud do not guarantee anything. The service provider may guarantee their own servers for availability - triple redundancy, RAIDed, multiple PSUs and UPSs, fire suppressed data warehouses etc. etc. giving 99.9% uptime (you need that .9) But, if your ISP is on the fritz, you're hosed anyway in terms of availability. If all your neighbors are streaming the latest ESPN game live, then your bandwidth is not guaranteed either. The guarantees (such as they are) of the cloud providers stop at their doors. Security is also an issue. If there is any private personal data or copyright material and esp. for a client then often the DAW-hosting system isn't even Internet connected let alone using the cloud for anything!!! :smile: (Not uncommon in studios to not have Internet-connected studio systems and to use separately virus-checked sneakernet devices - thumbdrives or the like - for data transfer).

So, for me, I keep nothing of any importance in the cloud. Do I use Dropbox? Sure - sometimes, and iCloud (a smidgen now), but not for anything that I consider important. Ever. PDF files of music gear manuals is what I mostly use the cloud for. :smile:

Secure backups "should" be done to an offsite location (but one which is controlled by you and not someone else). Those offsite backups could be stored in a bank vault or the like on a rotating basis.

We don't all have that luxury, but we can do better than being forced into the cloud even if it's just rotating among external USB drives and storing them in a different room in the house or a fireproof box. The cloud appears very "convenient" but again, it, like the issue with ownership, cedes part of our life away to that servitude...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

It's not that clear that iMazing backup & restore single apps works on iOS 10.21...?

Can someone who own the latest paid version of iMazing make a statement: does it work nowadays with iOS 10.21?

There is a free version available so download it yourself and try it. The free version already does what I need it to do so at this point I'm not planning on buying the full version anyway.

• @yowza said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

There is a free version available so download it yourself and try it. The free version already does what I need it to do so at this point I'm not planning on buying the full version anyway.

But, why is there an paid version if the free makes everything?

And, the question still remains: can you backup/restore single apps on iOS 10.21?

• Hey everyone,

It's been a while, but I wanted to let you know that an updated version of Firo / Fiddlewax Pro is in the works :)

All the interest (via emails and posts like this one) convinced me to take the plunge and re-work a massive amount of code to get it up and running again.

I'm just working through the app review process at the moment, but hopefully I'll have more info to share very soon. Stay tuned!

• @adamkumpf said:
    Hey everyone,

It's been a while, but I wanted to let you know that an updated version of Firo / Fiddlewax Pro is in the works :)

All the interest (via emails and posts like this one) convinced me to take the plunge and re-work a massive amount of code to get it up and running again.

I'm just working through the app review process at the moment, but hopefully I'll have more info to share very soon. Stay tuned!

Interesting!
    I really like the concept.
    Thanks for letting us know 👍🏼

• @adamkumpf said:
    Hey everyone,

Oh man...
    THANK YOU

• @adamkumpf said:
    Hey everyone,

Great to see you’re back on the case

• Splendido !

• @adamkumpf . Thanks very happy to hear this news I loved what you did with that app for me it was one of my first music apps and I like the way you laid it out . I really like how the chords and scales were connected cool ! Thanks again

• Glad to hear it!

I realize this thread is from 2017; I'll start a new discussion when it's live with more info/links.