Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New video app.lumafusion.

Comments

• This looks pretty manipulated (and pretty) to me....

• @MonzoPro said:
    It seems about the right price to me - £30 compared to £30 - £50 for desktop Sony Vegas Studio which has more features (I got it for £30) and comes with extras such as a full version of Soundforge.

Cheers, yes there is open in in audioshare.

Wow, a lot of goodness for £50. Are you on a PC or Mac?

• @supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:
    It seems about the right price to me - £30 compared to £30 - £50 for desktop Sony Vegas Studio which has more features (I got it for £30) and comes with extras such as a full version of Soundforge.

Both, but I picked it up for less than thirty for the PC. Absolutely brilliant, and I use Soundforge for final trimming of iPad audio stuff. Only downside is it's on the PC, so I have to copy files across, so nice to have an iOS editor where I can do it all on one thing.

I use 'CamelCamel' - an Amazon price tracker and I get an email when they drop prices for particular products.

• OK, bought it! By the way, their support said they are having plans for alpha channel support. But this is already a very fine package. First impression at least is very good. And especially once layer blend modes and masks are added, this will allow for a lot of flexibility even without alpha channels.

• edited December 2016

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

Both, but I picked it up for less than thirty for the PC. Absolutely brilliant, and I use Soundforge for final trimming of iPad audio stuff. Only downside is it's on the PC, so I have to copy files across, so nice to have an iOS editor where I can do it all on one thing.

I use 'CamelCamel' - an Amazon price tracker and I get an email when they drop prices for particular products.

I was only asking because soundforge used to be my favourite audio editor back in the pc day but I haven't used it since I switched completely to OSX.

As for video I've been dabbing with iMovie and Final Cut Pro which is great for music videos but for some reason my 27" iMac doesn't like the multi angle mode so I'm stuffed with 13" MacBook Pro which isn't ideal. To be absolutely honest I'd rather have it all on the iPad so I can do it anywhere with immediacy of the touchscreen etc.

Ironically holding a laptop on the lap isn't quite as easy and comfortable as the iPad.

• @supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

I was only asking because soundforge used to be my favourite audio editor back in the pc day but I haven't used it since I switched completely to OSX.

As for video I've been dabbing with iMovie and Final Cut Pro which is great for music videos but for some reason my 27" iMac doesn't like the multi angle mode so I'm stuffed with 13" MacBook Pro which isn't ideal. To be absolutely honest I'd rather have it all on the iPad so I can do it anywhere with immediacy of the touchscreen etc.

Ironically holding a laptop on the lap isn't quite as easy and comfortable as the iPad.

I'd definitely recommend this lumawatsit app, particularly at this price. I haven't had a proper go yet but I think it's going to tick all the boxes

• @MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

I'd definitely recommend this lumawatsit app, particularly at this price. I haven't had a proper go yet but I think it's going to tick all the boxes

Yeah, I snatched it, with the excuse of a Christmas gift to myself. I'm looking forward to putting some vids to my gadget tracks.

• Argghhh.... This is one of those apps that is tickling the buy trigger finger...
    I wonder how long the sale will last?

• @Samu said:
    Argghhh.... This is one of those apps that is tickling the buy trigger finger...

This might help with your decision

• @supadom said:

@Samu said:
    Argghhh.... This is one of those apps that is tickling the buy trigger finger...

This might help with your decision

Yepp, It's so tempting I already fell for it...
    Now I just need to figure out what the 'camera' icon does as it only results in a spinning animation on my iPad Air 2 :)

• @Samu
    yeah that camera icon in the top righthand preview window just takes a still screengrab of the preview.. it used to do it at different resolutions according to what quality you've set the preview to, but now they have made it use the resolution of whichever is the largest res clip or image in the project you are working on.. the camera roll update should be properly working now so you should see the snapshot in yr camera album immediately..

• @RockySmalls said:
    @Samu
    yeah that camera icon in the top righthand preview window just takes a still screengrab of the preview.. it used to do it at different resolutions according to what quality you've set the preview to, but now they have made it use the resolution of whichever is the largest res clip or image in the project you are working on.. the camera roll update should be properly working now so you should see the snapshot in yr camera album immediately..

Ok, Thanks, if no 'clip' is selected it just keeps on spinning, maybe a bug?
    It's a quite handy way to extract still images from video :)

• yeah i guess the cursor has to be somewhere in the timeline to know which image to produce, I'll report that niggle over on the beta forum.
    i noticed and reported that you have to be one frame back from the end of the clip to make a still a few weeks ago (for quick freeze frames) .. it makes sense as that is the beginning of the final frame.. but new comers might fall into that trap..
    it seems that snapshots aren't coming out at full 4k resolution at the moment so some tinkering needs to be done there..

• @RockySmalls said:
    yeah i guess the cursor has to be somewhere in the timeline to know which image to produce, I'll report that niggle over on the beta forum.
    i noticed and reported that you have to be one frame back from the end of the clip to make a still a few weeks ago (for quick freeze frames) .. it makes sense as that is the beginning of the final frame.. but new comers might fall into that trap..
    it seems that snapshots aren't coming out at full 4k resolution at the moment so some tinkering needs to be done there..

Thanks, I'm still 'exploring' the app. Love the key-frame automation :)
    I do wish there was a way to record video with it too. Preferably both cameras at once to separate tracks.

• @samu & @everybody
    if you spot anything that looks like a bug could you report it here:
    http://forums.luma-touch.com/viewforum.php?f=22

both cameras at once! that would be a neat trick.. can anyone remember what was that app that jacon haq was using a while back that wirelessly recorded yr phone, ipad and any other ios devices camera all in sync onto one master devece for easy multicam stuff.. is it still going?

• @RockySmalls do you know if there is a way to adjust timings of keyframes? it seems to me they are fixed on the 'timeline', so adjusting the timing means redoing the animation?

• @nick
    moving the keyframes didn't make it into first release, on the cards though.. but workaround is simple, move the cursor to the keyframe you are angry with, look under the preview window to the left, there is a 3 blob icon and a single blob icon with an x in it, if you are already over a keyframe the single blob icon will delete the keyframe, move yr cursor to where you really wanted the unruly bast@rd to be and setting the slider will produce a new keyframe.. pretty quick n easy imbho! :)

• @RockySmalls said:
    @nick
    moving the keyframes didn't make it into first release, on the cards though.. but workaround is simple, move the cursor to the keyframe you are angry with, look under the preview window to the left, there is a 3 blob icon and a single blob icon with an x in it, if you are already over a keyframe the single blob icon will delete the keyframe, move yr cursor to where you really wanted the unruly bast@rd to be and setting the slider will produce a new keyframe.. pretty quick n easy imbho! :)

ah OK thanks. your workaround is good for simple keyframes, but multi property key frames really need the possibility to throw them around :)
    I hope it is high on their list

• yeah... i don't think it really has 'multi-property' keyframes, each effect will have its own lane visible when you open its window... but if you mean multi-parameter keyframes in a complex effect then you can click on the little heart with an arrow in it whilst on the original keyframe and save the set up as a preset to use on the newly aligned keyframe..
    yes, just moving the keyframe when it comes will be infinitely better..

• I thought multi property keyframes like position & scale & rotation & opacity, would be nice to just grab and move them (I'm sure the developers would agree).
    good tip with saving effects presets, that could be a time saver too

• @u0421793 said:
    Now all we need is an excellent marvellous and sophisticated video synthesiser, with a useful variety of models and synthesis techniques.

The experimental audio/video synthesizer that the dev @Hypertonal of Dhalang MG is working on sounds a bit like this. Not sure if it's going to. E desktop only though.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Phil999 said:
    for transparency/alpha channel work, I can recommend the app "Bricolage". It's not a video editor, rather a compositing app.

Thanks for the tip Mister Phil. May take a flyer on that one....

Did you end up getting this one and trying it out? I'm intrigued since I used to play in node-based Shake back in the day.

Apprehensive because most of what this does is reportedly coming to LumaFusion, but no idea when. It also hasn't had an update in a year and I can't find a decent review of it anywhere. The only walk-thru video of this app is by a guy who says he's friends with the dev, and the output was a bit bland.

Still intrigued though and wondering if anyone else too this one for a spin too.

• @skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Phil999 said:
    for transparency/alpha channel work, I can recommend the app "Bricolage". It's not a video editor, rather a compositing app.

Did you end up getting this one and trying it out? I'm intrigued since I used to play in node-based Shake back in the day.

Apprehensive because most of what this does is reportedly coming to LumaFusion, but no idea when. It also hasn't had an update in a year and I can't find a decent review of it anywhere. The only walk-thru video of this app is by a guy who says he's friends with the dev, and the output was a bit bland.

Still intrigued though and wondering if anyone else too this one for a spin too.

Bought it, left it mainly in the box. Did pry off the lid for a moment or two and saw the matter of chaining things together. Appeared like an attractive s_____x and thus I skittered away back to the Luma pastures, promising to one day come back etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Phil999 said:

Bought it, left it mainly in the box. Did pry off the lid for a moment or two and saw the matter of chaining things together. Appeared like an attractive s_____x and thus I skittered away back to the Luma pastures, promising to one day come back etc.

Thanks. I might get it. I know there's a long ambitious list the Luma folks want to add to LF and I'm not sure where compositing is on it.

• @skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Phil999 said:

Thanks. I might get it. I know there's a long ambitious list the Luma folks want to add to LF and I'm not sure where compositing is on it.

I have to (again) declare my ignorance here; I don't even really understand what compositing is in this context...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Phil999 said:

I have to (again) declare my ignorance here; I don't even really understand what compositing is in this context...

Cutting stuff out, knocking out transparent masks, composting the pieces together, layer blends, chroma key, green screen kinds of stuff, etc.

LumaFusion will get all this stuff eventually too, but I'm guessing the devs will want to refine the current build until it's absolutely rock solid, while building a good sized user base before the more complex toys work there way in.

I don't know for sure though. For all I know, they've already got working pieces ready to implement as phase 2. They also haven't said what will be added as part of the base app, and what will be IAPS.

They've got a unique and solid product right now at launch, and I reckon they'll want to build their base on the core product for awhile before getting into the more complex stuff.

It was impressive to watch how quickly they crafted an app that wasn't really all that intuitive or stable, into the top notch app they launched. The main coder must be some kind of ninja. :)

• @skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Phil999 said:

Cutting stuff out, knocking out transparent masks, composting the pieces together, layer blends, chroma key, green screen kinds of stuff, etc.

LumaFusion will get all this stuff eventually too, but I'm guessing the devs will want to refine the current build until it's absolutely rock solid, while building a good sized user base before the more complex toys work there way in.

I don't know for sure though. For all I know, they've already got working pieces ready to implement as phase 2. They also haven't said what will be added as part of the base app, and what will be IAPS.

They've got a unique and solid product right now at launch, and I reckon they'll want to build their base on the core product for awhile before getting into the more complex stuff.

It was impressive to watch how quickly they crafted an app that wasn't really all that intuitive or stable, into the top notch app they launched. The main coder must be some kind of ninja. :)

Well they had/have the Pinnacle background, pretty good finishing school I'd imagine....I like the app out of the box, but a good part of my decision about it's based on the feel that the devs aren't done yet. I seem to be increasingly biased to decent bits of work which are still developing (not just correcting/refining). Hope so.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Phil999 said:

Well they had/have the Pinnacle background, pretty good finishing school I'd imagine....I like the app out of the box, but a good part of my decision about it's based on the feel that the devs aren't done yet. I seem to be increasingly biased to decent bits of work which are still developing (not just correcting/refining). Hope so.

I think that's most likely the case. I get the feeling they're itching to drop the real "wow" stuff, but want to make sure the foundation is as stable as they can get it first. There's already a new beta build from the day of launch that I'm guessing will drop soon. Just bug squashing though, but they didn't take much of a break for the holiday. Great things coming for sure. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• edited December 2016

@RockySmalls said:
    @nick

Thanks.

Hope they improve on this though.

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:
    @nick

Thanks.

Hope they improve on this though.

they told me moving and copying of key frames is on the list