Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moodscaper is awesome!!!

2»

Comments

• purchased

• Hello, and thanks guys! I'll try and answer some questions - sorry about the delay. Yep, it's always been the same price since launch and all the updates have been free / no IAPs - no plans to change this strategy.

There's also an ever growing list of things I'd love to support that seems to be getting bigger faster than I can do the things :-) But if it's any consolation, this list does include stuff like MIDI, AU and AB support.

And... I'm glad some of you guys like my "cheesy string" sounds :-) Funnily enough, I was thinking about doing a really lo-fi mellotron style set of sounds as a free download that might be fun to use alongside Berlin style sequencing or whatever.

There's also a manual available for download on the website ;-) Ping me a message from the site for any support or suggestions for new features - I'm listening.

• @moodscaper thanks so much for chiming in here and congratulations on such an awesome and awe inspiring music app. I have to make time to leave a review on the app store as many of us here really appreciate Developers as yourself who care what we the end users need and want.

AU would rock! Midi also, and of course AudioBus, which is the IOS Standard.

If you could please also add AudioShare to your list, but if not @Samu our AB spokesperson, always says something about document picker or something. That would rock too, so we can load up samples from various sources. I don't know coding or how difficult that is, but i hope someday you could add that.

For now, i'm enjoying this masterpiece and some folks from work hear it playing in the background and purchased it immediately!

If you have any more samples to add, or any ideas for other types of samples, please do not hesitate to add them, we love it!

• Just left my app store review. o:)

• I've been tempted by this but can't figure out from the videos how much actual control you have over the sounds/samples. And no way to sync currently?

• Same for me. Didnt purchased because im waiting for some sync features and audiobus support, but it looks and sounds great.

• Very Nice app,thanks for the demo St.Doug. and the site tutorial on the tube, however ,how could a dev who joined 6 months ago not have AB support,----- Sebastian I'm sure it will arrive B.W.T.F.------- greenie

• edited November 2016

@moodscaper still love your app, but the main thing I've been pining for is easy sample import instead of the itunes fileshare circus. Midi out would be spectacular as well. A few months ago those two items sounded somewhat immanent with V2, but it's been awhile. Those two items haven't been pushed down that long list of yours have they? :)

• Oh dang. :( I see @moodscaper is basically releasing a whole new app similar to moodscaper but with a new name and new features. I wonder if this means many of the new moodscaper features some of us have been waiting on for moodscaper, aren't coming after all?

• @skiphunt said:
    Oh dang. :( I see @moodscaper is basically releasing a whole new app similar to moodscaper but with a new name and new features. I wonder if this means many of the new moodscaper features some of us have been waiting on for moodscaper, aren't coming after all?

what's this about, can you link it?

• edited November 2016

Hi Folks, a bit of clarity hopefully... I'm not abandoning moodscaper and I plan to continue to develop moodscaper features as free updates, including MIDI and easier sample import without iTunes. The new app is really about offering something that is similar to moodscaper (in its current form), but will stay simple and will be, and continue to be pitched at a lower price point for a different audience. moodscaper will continue to be developed and will continue to be updated for free. Also, any features that prove to be popular in the new app(s) could end up in moodscaper if there is suitable demand - you guys can tell me what you think you'd like. My plan ultimately is that moodscaper will eventually become the "pro" version with all the bells and whistles and it won't cost you anything more than you've paid already. However, these things take time, and this isn't my day job. I hope you understand there's also a market for my apps, and other apps like it for people who appreciate it on a much simpler level. The new app is for people like that. Doing "spin-off" apps like this new one hopefully allows me to invest more time in moodscaper so it evolves into a more useful tool for more advanced guys like you. Hope this clarifies things - any questions, please feel free to message me direct via the Facebook page or the contact form on the website. Peace, -Rob

• understood.

• edited November 2016

@moodscaper Ok. Cool that Moodscaper will remain the "premier" version of the app and not just the automated generative version for those who don't care to monkey under the hood. I'm sure as a developer and app buyer, you're well aware of the ol' bait and switch methods other devs have used in the past.

I don't think many of us who are fans and supporters of moodscaper would mind a nice bundle to get the new version too... if only to help support your efforts and pushing moodscaper to the next levels. :)

• @kobamoto said:
    understood.

Same. Appreciate the State of the Scrape and wish you the best with other versions @moodscaper.

It occurs to me that releasing simpler, listener focused versions of your sounds+generative algorithms is not at all dissimilar to, say, Eno releasing Music for Airports. Indeed, I'd pay handsomely for an app version of Music for Airports that would allow each original loop from each of the 4 "songs" to repeat indefinitely. I've been digging letting MoodScraper do it's thing. I'd buy your app-as-record.

It's a shame that Apple doesn't provide for a simple sub-contractor model. I'm imagining a version of the world with both a "Moodscaper Listener" and "Moodscraper Creator" apps. Creators could make moodscapes within the creator app and offer them up for sale (or free) within the listener app via some sort of transparent online service. Listeners would get lots of content and creators might make a couple of bucks via some Apple sanctioned and processed 30/20/50 (or whatever) split.

• @syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:
    understood.

Same. Appreciate the State of the Scrape and wish you the best with other versions @moodscaper.

It occurs to me that releasing simpler, listener focused versions of your sounds+generative algorithms is not at all dissimilar to, say, Eno releasing Music for Airports. Indeed, I'd pay handsomely for an app version of Music for Airports that would allow each original loop from each of the 4 "songs" to repeat indefinitely. I've been digging letting MoodScraper do it's thing. I'd buy your app-as-record.

It's a shame that Apple doesn't provide for a simple sub-contractor model. I'm imagining a version of the world with both a "Moodscaper Listener" and "Moodscraper Creator" apps. Creators could make moodscapes within the creator app and offer them up for sale (or free) within the listener app via some sort of transparent online service. Listeners would get lots of content and creators might make a couple of bucks via some Apple sanctioned and processed 30/20/50 (or whatever) split.

I proposed a similar idea with a video fx/editing/iOS app I'm beta testing, ie. users creating templates for video productions. Maybe it opens up a can of worms with regard to who gives support on that.

The framework is obviously there, ie. Auria Pro's iAPs that are individual providers that @WaveMachineLabs passes through to them. I wonder if those 3rd party content creators have to be registered as devs in the app store too? I would guess not if Wim is passing their cut on to them after Apple takes it's cut. If so, I don't see why a similar situation couldn't be set up for any regular content creator... as long as the primary registered app store dev saw an advantage and was down with it.

• More awesome stuff.

• Another cracking update in the works.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Another cracking update in the works.

Whoa, what’s all this about then?

• Light the blue touchscaper and stand back......

• This looks like built in backing tracks, drums and synth. Programmable patterns with step probability.
    Just trying to figure out what I am seeing in the video, so basically a bigass guess.

• @moodscaper said:
    Hi Folks, a bit of clarity hopefully... I'm not abandoning moodscaper and I plan to continue to develop moodscaper features as free updates, including MIDI and easier sample import without iTunes. The new app is really about offering something that is similar to moodscaper (in its current form), but will stay simple and will be, and continue to be pitched at a lower price point for a different audience. moodscaper will continue to be developed and will continue to be updated for free. Also, any features that prove to be popular in the new app(s) could end up in moodscaper if there is suitable demand - you guys can tell me what you think you'd like. My plan ultimately is that moodscaper will eventually become the "pro" version with all the bells and whistles and it won't cost you anything more than you've paid already. However, these things take time, and this isn't my day job. I hope you understand there's also a market for my apps, and other apps like it for people who appreciate it on a much simpler level. The new app is for people like that. Doing "spin-off" apps like this new one hopefully allows me to invest more time in moodscaper so it evolves into a more useful tool for more advanced guys like you. Hope this clarifies things - any questions, please feel free to message me direct via the Facebook page or the contact form on the website. Peace, -Rob

Thank you Rob.

• Again more features. Loving this.