Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moodscaper is awesome!!!

I highly recommend this awesome app!

Bought it and can't stop playing it. This tutorial video opened it up for me.

Hope it's still on sale!

Comments

• Looks cool. Ableton link? Midi note out? Says you can import samples, have you tried that yet? Works well with aum?

• This is good stuff. Had a lot of fun playing with it + Effectrix/Turnado/Wow/FLUX etc....

• ah forgot about that one. would have bought it if i saw a sale.

• Haven't added samples yet. Just being mesmerized by the soundscapes it produces.

• Still showing for $3.99

moodscaper by Rob Jackson
    https://appsto.re/us/jHu5ab.i

• I'm pretty sure it's always been that price hasn't it? It's one of those that has great value with a better than fair price and no real need to go on sale. Seems like I paid $4 for this around launch and I think it's always been the same. I could be mistaken though.

• Wow Sir Doug really made an amazing video of this beautiful sounding app!!

• @moodscaper this is one awe inspiring app! Any plans for AU for this beautiful app?

Also I'm on the iPhone but when I go to Moodscaper.com I get no links to download more samples. Please advise? Thanks!

This app is an instabuy guys, I'm super serious! Enjoying the soothing Soundscapes after a long day at work!

• Thanks for posting this. It was on my mental checkout list but never bubbled up. There's a great PDF manual at http://www.moodscaper.com/. Informal and casual in tune but with lots of detail. Lots of up-front bits about what moodscraper isn't. Appreciate that sort of thing.

Nice tidbit from said manual:

Using Your Own Sounds

iTunes File Sharing. Yeah, I know - not everyone’s a fan, but for now, this is how you do it. Rest assured, I will be looking at alternative means to audio share sounds to moodscaper - wink-wink.

• Feel like 1) this app with the bass notes muted, 2) xynthesizer set to the same key ('mood') and only playing bass notes in iSEM with it's voice programmer set to 7 steps and 3) Patterning with a healthy dose of probability and step rotation could generate listenable ambient music with rhythm for days. Now if I could stop posting long enough to try it...

The included sounds are good and the sample import process seems clear, if desktop oriented (filenames have meaning with regard to the import process so Finder/Explorer organizational ease probably makes the most sense anyway). Still, I'd love to be able to point its generative logic at the 3 external synths of my choosing via MIDI. The built in reverb is good but would like to experiment with others on a per track basis.

• 750mb of additional sounds are available to download at their site as well. http://www.moodscaper.com/#comp-iqaswkug. 4 sets or you can download them all at the very bottom of the page.

• @syrupcore said:
    750mb of additional sounds are available to download at their site as well. http://www.moodscaper.com/#comp-iqaswkug. 4 sets or you can download them all at the very bottom of the page.

Thanks Professor. Wasn't aware of the extras.

• I don't own this (yet!), but the only current review is from someone complaining that the app is not intuitive and limited in sounds to "cheesy strings", which seems like it is not true considering there is the ability to download other sounds from the website.

• edited November 2016

I find it very inspiring. I made this using Moodscaper, Thumbjam, ANS, Patterning, and AUFX: Space

• I like to use Moodscaper along with Xynthesizr, both playing the Insen scale. Set Xynthesizr to a random mode using very small probability of randomization, and just let it do its own thing while I listen at work. Great background/white noise for drowning out the office chatter.

• @Seangarland said:
    I like to use Moodscaper along with Xynthesizr, both playing the Insen scale. Set Xynthesizr to a random mode using very small probability of randomization, and just let it do its own thing while I listen at work. Great background/white noise for drowning out the office chatter.

I like to use it with Quincey for the same purposes. I will have to try your Moodscaper/Xynthesizr combo.

• On iPhone it won't let me see the entire webpage to download the extra sounds. Don't know why. Work's perfectly on iPad.

@syrupcore said:

750mb of additional sounds are available to download at their site as well. http://www.moodscaper.com/#comp-iqaswkug. 4 sets or you can download them all at the very bottom of the page.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    On iPhone it won't let me see the entire webpage to download the extra sounds. Don't know why. Work's perfectly on iPad.

@syrupcore said:

Think you need to use iTunes anyway, no? Were you able to "Open In" on the iPad or something?

• No not yet but just wondered why it did that.

• @Seangarland said:
    I like to use Moodscaper along with Xynthesizr, both playing the Insen scale. Set Xynthesizr to a random mode using very small probability of randomization, and just let it do its own thing while I listen at work. Great background/white noise for drowning out the office chatter.

I use NodeBeat for the same purpose :) I guess I need to try Moodscaper

• I haven't explored this one much, but the sounds it produces are beautiful - deep and emotive. I'd love an easier way to get sounds in and MIDI channels out would be a dream, but worth the entry price for what it is already.

• I love moodscaper, and added the extra packs via iTunes with no hiccups....
    here is a track that uses Moodscaper:

:)
    Well worth the dough imho!

• Mmmmm very nice sounds. Instabuy! thank you.

• This looks pretty good

• Love the app, especially with the added sounds. I did this one a while back. It's all moodscaper with no other synths.

• So beautiful! Just had the most peaceful commute ever just listening to Moodscaper and the amazing compositions from everyone,

• @JeffChasteen, @id_23, @DavidEnglish thanks for sharing your tracks that include this app. It's always inspiring hearing what others have created with apps that I also own.

• @studioAB said:
    @JeffChasteen, @id_23, @DavidEnglish thanks for sharing your tracks that include this app. It's always inspiring hearing what others have created with apps that I also own.

Word. Nice work, all.

• edited November 2016

Thanks guys for the inspiration, bought it. I'll unfortunately have to suffer on my iPhone for a while as my iPad2 isn't capable of running IOS 9.x (9.3.2 currently). Gotta wait for a little while longer to upgrade the gear but I'm definitely feeling the need is coming soon... darn kids and their college fees! I hope they'll keep me well in my old age...

• Its working great on my iphone 5s, all same functionality. I am really enjoying this app. I can't wait to add the other samples to see what's possible.