Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Space Echo 201 Emulation

Comments

• @Daveypoo said:
    @ecou Have you tried Lunar Lander?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lunar-lander-fx-plug-in/id1534909107?l=tr

I mean, it's not exactly a Roland Space Echo, but it's a tape-like delay with reverb built in. A favorite of mine - dunno if was mentioned here before.

Ciao buon giorno @Daveypoo! I also love Lunar Lander - but isn’t it more of a bucket brigade reverb/delay

• Unfortunately it seems that Lunar Lander is no longer available on the App Store.

• From Pulsar Modular's Facebook page:

• @Daveypoo said:
    @ecou Have you tried Lunar Lander?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lunar-lander-fx-plug-in/id1534909107?l=tr

I mean, it's not exactly a Roland Space Echo, but it's a tape-like delay with reverb built in. A favorite of mine - dunno if was mentioned here before.

I looked at video on YouTube and it sounds great. But it sadly does not seem the be available anymore on the iOS store.

• @Danny_Kil said:
    From Pulsar Modular's Facebook page:

Ouch, sad to see this one go

• @Danny_Kil said:

The reasoning sounds odd...most AU don't need updating when Apple releases minor updates. Seems an indication that the dev isn’t finding the return on invested time worthwhile.

• @Danny_Kil said:

Sad sad sad news ☹️

• Oh man, SERIOUSLY? Lunar Lander is my favorite AUv3 at the moment....

Damn, that's quite a loss. Sorry to suggest an app you can't get anymore!

• @espiegel123 said:

@Danny_Kil said:

The reasoning sounds odd...most AU don't need updating when Apple releases minor updates. Seems an indication that the dev isn’t finding the return on invested time worthwhile.

This developer has taken an approach that their software should be very expensive just like boutique hardware. I don’t think that fits the current iOS model.

• edited May 2022

@Danny_Kil said:

Or, we didn't really consider a factor that is obvious to everyone, let alone a software developer, and now that we've sold a bunch of units we've decided it would be easier for us to just forget about iOS customers and go back to our warm spot by the fire.

Say what you will but this is classic confirmation bias, orjustification to remove obligation at its finest.

• It’s sad for sure that lunar lander is out of the game, my go to delay for a while now…

On the topic, did anyone mention the lofionic duplicat? It went away but I think came back

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/lofionic-duplicat/id1128402103

iPad only I think though…

• @Krupa said:
    On the topic, did anyone mention the lofionic duplicat? It went away but I think came back

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/lofionic-duplicat/id1128402103

iPad only I think though…

Nice!!
    Doug did a demo on this.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Danny_Kil said:

Seems like things went downhill since Novationmusic have purchased Pulsamodular 😢

• Multiple instances of BLEASS Delay.

I use it as a replacement for my Klemt Echolette and it’s like 95%.

• @Danny_Kil said:

Remind me never to buy anything from this firm again.

• Shame on PulsarModular!, I also paid for the IAP believing it'll support the app and developer but they way they pulled it out without even previously communicating it to their customers is shady, low and shows a total lack of respect from them, I also hate the constant updates from Apple but this sound like total B.S. from the devs at pulsarmodular, The fact that the ONLY public response they have about it is because someone asked them on their facebook page is total B.S.!, I'm NOT buying anything from them again either!

• edited July 2023

Is there still no solution to the matter of space echo simulation on iOS or iPadOS?

I keep waiting for AudioThing Outer Space to come to iOS, but I do see that they have Mantis – BBD Echo on iOS these days. Is anyone here using it and can offer some feedback about this or alternatives today?

• @andowrites said:
    Is there still no solution to the matter of space echo simulation on iOS or iPadOS?

I keep waiting for AudioThing Outer Space to come to iOS, but I do see that they have Mantis – BBD Echo on iOS these days. Is anyone here using it and can offer some feedback about this or alternatives today?

Hi Ando! There's this:

https://apps.apple.com/app/gs-201/id1643866815

• Weird that you should post this Gav. I was on the Audiothing website yesterday and was thinking we could do with their take on the Space Echo coming to iOS. There’s currently a new port being worked on but not that one.

There’s the TD-21

And The GSI Interpretation

But Lunar Lander was my favourite FX app. I stayed on iOS 15 for ages so it would still work. Pulsar Modular loved my video on it and used my presets in it. I still have it on desktop but I really miss it on iOS. Ios eople have been very harsh with their comments about the situation and I get it, it’s a total pisser but you know - I’ve talked to them about it. The figures don’t work. The iOS community is small and the customers want apps for next to nothing. I know people hate me saying it but if we want the ecosystem to grow, we need to stop collecting apps like Pokémon and just buy what we need and just the real quality stuff but pay more for it. Otherwise developers will always come and go.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:
    Weird that you should post this Gav. I was on the Audiothing website yesterday and was thinking we could do with their take on the Space Echo coming to iOS. There’s currently a new port being worked on but not that one.

There’s the TD-21

And The GSI Interpretation

But Lunar Lander was my favourite FX app. I stayed on iOS 15 for ages so it would still work. Pulsar Modular loved my video on it and used my presets in it. I still have it on desktop but I really miss it on iOS. Ios eople have been very harsh with their comments about the situation and I get it, it’s a total pisser but you know - I’ve talked to them about it. The figures don’t work. The iOS community is small and the customers want apps for next to nothing. I know people hate me saying it but if we want the ecosystem to grow, we need to stop collecting apps like Pokémon and just buy what we need and just the real quality stuff but pay more for it. Otherwise developers will always come and go.

Yeah... The whole collect everything days are already ending anyway Jamie, for sure.

BTW... Lunar Lander is working fine for me on iOS 16.2.3

• @andowrites said:

I have been using Mantis a lot and the sound is very good, if you like a vintage sounding unit. With the tone slider it can sound more bright or more darker, it has a noise switch that can bet set to zero. With the rotafaze sliders you can give it a wow/flutter. You van sync it and you have the pattern buttons to play with the delay lines. For me it very comes close to the Space Echo vibe, especially because Audiothing knows how to make an app that sounds like real hardware. Roland Space Echo has a spring reverb as well, you can add this with Audiothing Wires (so good) or an IR from a real Space Echo.

• @Slush said:

@andowrites said:

I have been using Mantis a lot and the sound is very good, if you like a vintage sounding unit. With the tone slider it can sound more bright or more darker, it has a noise switch that can bet set to zero. With the rotafaze sliders you can give it a wow/flutter. You van sync it and you have the pattern buttons to play with the delay lines. For me it very comes close to the Space Echo vibe, especially because Audiothing knows how to make an app that sounds like real hardware. Roland Space Echo has a spring reverb as well, you can add this with Audiothing Wires (so good) or an IR from a real Space Echo.

Yeah Mantis is fantastic. RatShack from Audio Damage is more simplistic but also very good.

GSI has a clone of the space echo that’s great! I’ve used it a lot.

• The GSI space echo is pretty good but I don’t get what’s going on with that spring reverb on it. It sounds kind of whack but the delay is great

• @Slush said:

@andowrites said:

Trying to remember offhand, is there a suitable IR for that in their Springs app?

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    The GSI space echo is pretty good but I don’t get what’s going on with that spring reverb on it. It sounds kind of whack but the delay is great

I haven’t used GSI but the spring is a bit whack on the original

Here is an IR:

• @Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

@andowrites said:

Trying to remember offhand, is there a suitable IR for that in their Springs app?

Yes, the RE-201 Space Echo is covered in Springs, a dark and a light sounding version.

*(I made a mistake in my Mantis reply, I wrote ‘Wires’ for a adding the spring reverb but it should be ‘Springs’).

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    The GSI space echo is pretty good but I don’t get what’s going on with that spring reverb on it. It sounds kind of whack but the delay is great

When you say it sounds whack, do you mean you don’t think it sounds like the space echo or just that you don’t like the sound of it?

• edited July 2023

My personal opinion of the GSI spring reverb in their space echo is that it sounds horrible. I have a Roland Space Echo spring IR in AltiVerb as well in Audiothing Springs, as well as in Audiothing Outer Space (on OSX) and they all sound great. GSI based their space echo on their own unit so they probably modelled it after that, and it just sounds the way their unit sounds. But I find it unusable.

The GSi space echo by itself has a flutter/wobble in its sound and the unit is very noisy. You can’t switch it off. It’s very dirty. I find their Binson Echo B2 a fantastic delay, and I highly recommend it, but their Space Echo is not my thing. If someone would be after a great Roland emulation I would wait for the Audiothing, but for now they have a great alternative on the iOS (Mantis).
    Again, very personal opinion. :)

• @Slush said:
    My personal opinion of the GSI spring reverb in their space echo is that it sounds horrible. I have a Roland Space Echo spring IR in AltiVerb as well in Audiothing Springs, as well as in Audiothing Outer Space (on OSX) and they all sound great. GSI based their space echo on their own unit so they probably modelled it after that, and it just sounds the way their unit sounds. But I find it unusable.

The GSi space echo by itself has a flutter/wobble in its sound and the unit is very noisy. You can’t switch it off. It’s very dirty. I find their Binson Echo B2 a fantastic delay, and I highly recommend it, but their Space Echo is not my thing. If someone would be after a great Roland emulation I would wait for the Audiothing, but for now they have a great alternative on the iOS (Mantis).
    Again, very personal opinion. :)

This emulation of a specific piece of old gear is always risky. Again, a personal example, but the Audiokit Mk I sounds lovely to me at low velocities but it just kicks into an overdriven sound far too quickly once it passes a certain threshold. Might be an accurate emulation of the particular Rhodes they modeled it on, but I'd take the (admittedly more expensive) pianoteq Rhodes Mk I and II over the Audiokit one any day.

• Any Discord4 users? I find you can take it many places, I haven’t tried space echo territory but it has the pitch, filter, reverb and modulation. It’s fantastic