Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Addictive Pro - Arp tutorial

2»

Comments

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    To add: there is a jump from first moving your finger where the highlighted area marker moves to the point your finger is at, as the distance you can move the marker from is quite large. If during this time, you release and retouch the screen, you may now be on the highlighted area and make notes.

So, it does work, it's just that slight delay as the marker jumps to your finger and the possibility of lifting your finger for a fraction of a second, can cause the note issue. They could probably adjust the timings of these actions to make it happen less often.

Yeah this works brilliantly - the trick is to avoid lifting your finger. I cocked up once and dragged notes across the screen but getting the hang of it now.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    To add: there is a jump from first moving your finger where the highlighted area marker moves to the point your finger is at, as the distance you can move the marker from is quite large. If during this time, you release and retouch the screen, you may now be on the highlighted area and make notes.

Thanks, that works for me.

• Apple pencil not supported for Arp operations.

• double tap reset fails on reverb perimeters.
    unreliable pick up at centre of x/y pads.

• @VirSyn Is there a way to change bank via Midi? I can program change between the Lead Presets but once they get to the end they go back to the beginning. I can't access any Bass or Arp patches via program change. Thanks in advance for advice.

• @SpookyZoo Yes you can. The Bank numbers are in the same order as in the preset window:
    Bank 0 - Leads
    Bank 1 - Bass
    Bank 7 - Special FX

Just send this before program change.

• Hi @Virsyn thanks for this, should have sent it via support really, sorry. But while you're here, how is this set up? Is it using LSB (0) & MSB (32)?

Thanks again.

• @SpookyZoo It only uses Controller 0, Just send MIDI Controller 0 with the bank number as value and then send the Program change

• @VirSyn said:
    @SpookyZoo It only uses Controller 0, Just send MIDI Controller 0 with the bank number as value and then send the Program change

Thanks @VirSyn .

Unfortunately my Midi Controller sends out Bank Change on 32 and Novation have said...

** "Unfortunately it is not possible to edit the mapping for the bank/page buttons on the x-station. " **

Maybe a job for Midiflow! :)

• Hi
    Is there separately midi out or midi channel for each of the 4 rhythm or arpeggiator track ?

• edited December 2016

Hi again.
    I have a question or request for this perfect app .
    Can we have more than 32 step or unlimited step and 8 track arpeggiator.and velocity ,pan ,pitchbend for each notes , and separate midi out for each track ,that we could create accompaniment styles as arrangements keyboard ,that we could send them ( tracks ) for example to cubasis app with different classical sounds . For example track 1 for bass guitar ,track 2 for piano chord ,track 3 for pan and ...with different rhythms of each track.
    I was looking for app that could real time accompaniment our chords that we play on virtual keyboard,that I saw addective pro . That could be that same thing that i am looking for.but it has many limitations that I have said .specially number of steps and velocity of each note.

Very thanks.

• edited December 2016

@pejman said:

• @pejman said:
    Hi
    Is there separately midi out or midi channel for each of the 4 rhythm or arpeggiator track ?

anybody know the answer to this?

• Cant see any settings for midi out. Maybe go with fugue machine if thats what your after.

• wow, that's unfortunate. It's like panning for gold with these basic features :(

• @VirSyn said:
    @SpookyZoo It only uses Controller 0, Just send MIDI Controller 0 with the bank number as value and then send the Program change

This doesn't appear to work. I've tried sending cc#0 with a fixed value between 0 and 7 but no luck. Any advice?

• @VirSyn said:
    @gonekrazy3000 @Richtowns We're currently testing Ableton Link, MIDI sync should work - will include this in the tests.
    @SpookyZoo ...it will come but not as video but in real ;-)

Love VirSyn arpeggiators but have never been able to get them to MIDI sync other apps. Glad to hear your adding Ableton Link support. Please add Link to all your apps. Addictive was one of my first apps and still a favorite!

• Apparently, there was no second video.
    :-(

• I thought the same thing. But it's too much tweaking and no time to figure them out. I just play the presets and enjoy.

Regarding auto backing tracks yeah Groovebox seems to fit the bill but it's also rather limited at the Moment leaving you stuck in the famous 8 bar loop syndrome.

Midiband had so much promise as it could do exactly what your asking but no AB or Link, it's left as abandonware now :(

I still have and from time to time I have ideas, but then realize I'm going nowhere.

I'm holding my breath for Groovebox. If It ever gets smart interactive auto backing with chord recognition,!it would blow away keyboard arrangers costing thousands more.

@pejman said:
    Hi again.
    I have a question or request for this perfect app .
    Can we have more than 32 step or unlimited step and 8 track arpeggiator.and velocity ,pan ,pitchbend for each notes , and separate midi out for each track ,that we could create accompaniment styles as arrangements keyboard ,that we could send them ( tracks ) for example to cubasis app with different classical sounds . For example track 1 for bass guitar ,track 2 for piano chord ,track 3 for pan and ...with different rhythms of each track.
    I was looking for app that could real time accompaniment our chords that we play on virtual keyboard,that I saw addective pro . That could be that same thing that i am looking for.but it has many limitations that I have said .specially number of steps and velocity of each note.

Very thanks.