Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2 now available / special launch price

Comments

• Lol! Thank you!

• @Samu said:

@LFS said:

And well 'Audio' still arrives 'too early'(off the grid) when freezing IAA-Instrumets & AU-X Plug-Ins :(

Yeah I observed this as well, and even after freezing I could not see how to nudge the audio track to where it belongs...is the arrange window not sample accurate?

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2016

@aaronpc said:

@Tritonman said:
    Hmmm, not sure but I seem to be getting the same stings for every track. If I turn the filter on for track one . The same settings get used for track two. If I turn it off for track two it is off on one also.

If you're jumping from track to track with the strip open, it doesn't seem to refresh. Try closing the strip and opening it again and you'll see the settings are different.

Hi,

Of course, the channel strip is available per track and allows individual settings.

Having a FX window opened it remains while changing tracks.
    Simply tap the dedicated "e" button of a selected track in the inspector's insert and send tab to open its corresponding FX window(s).

Hope that helps,

Lars

• @LFS said:

@Nkersov said:
    Looks brilliant. I'll be happy to buy it, if necessary. But, I thought this was a free update for existing customers?

Correct, Cubasis 2 comes for free for existing customers!

Good stuff man!! And that is why I am a happy Steinberg/Cubasis customer. I bought all the exp packs as well as Cubasis on desktop.

• @sirdavidabraham said:

@Samu said:

@LFS said:

And well 'Audio' still arrives 'too early'(off the grid) when freezing IAA-Instrumets & AU-X Plug-Ins :(

Yeah I observed this as well, and even after freezing I could not see how to nudge the audio track to where it belongs...is the arrange window not sample accurate?

This is hopefully the numero uno on the todo/fix list.

But then again, thanks Steinberg for this huge update!
    The new presets in Micrologue are really outstanding and usefull. People should buy cubasis for Micrologue alone, it is awesome and worth 25 euro!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    And I assume that, unlike AP, Cubasis does not send / automate per note aftertouch/key pressure? (Eg to Animoog)

Any insight appreciated.

You can automate aftertouch via CC per track, but not actively per note. Would be nice, but I get the feeling it's probably a bit low on their list due to the various sound sources a DAW works with and their goal of workflow simplicity.

Note folding- now that's another thing entirely. They should have a long look at Thor & similar then update accordingly. The keyboard and pads are the last holdouts from early days and due for a refresh.

I don't mean to sound negative, though. It is a great update and very much recommended.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    @LFS i've asked this a couple times on this thread but noone seems to want to answer. Have you enabled automation for AU-x parameters yet in Cubasis ?

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@ghostly606 said:
    IMPROVED ZOOM!!! YEEEEHHAAAAAAA

Feels the same to me in the midi editor 8/

To me it feels finally and beautifully and simply workable. I'm sure all the other bits and pieces are significant, but this new ease-of-use with the piano roll puts Cubasis squarely back on the front page. Major, major thingie.

Huh, I could swear it hasn't changed at all... I struggled with it for about 20 minutes then just gave up and went back to Modstep controlling synths recording in Blocs with Link. Dun son!

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    @LFS i've asked this a couple times on this thread but noone seems to want to answer. Have you enabled automation for AU-x parameters yet in Cubasis ?

It's not in the automation panel, and you can't "learn" the controls, but if you know the numbers, you can automate all you want in the piano roll CCs. Ruismaker is a blast.

• @AudioGus said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@ghostly606 said:

To me it feels finally and beautifully and simply workable. I'm sure all the other bits and pieces are significant, but this new ease-of-use with the piano roll puts Cubasis squarely back on the front page. Major, major thingie.

Huh, I could swear it hasn't changed at all... I struggled with it for about 20 minutes then just gave up and went back to Modstep controlling synths recording in Blocs with Link. Dun son!

Hard reset maybe? It's definitely fixed.

• wimwim
    edited September 2016

I finally bought Cubasis LE last night as I learned here that there was an unlock possible with my iRig HD and just could not resist the ability to upgrade to the full feature set for $14.99. I opened it, played the demo song, closed it, and had dinner. After dinner I noticed an update available in the App Store, and Cubasis 2 was there. I hadn't even created my first project and the app had already been updated! Even after buying the FX expansions I feel vaguely guilty. B)

Thanks @Lars and team!!! Loving it so far!

• John has been super quick this morning and reached pole position as the first Cubasis 2 reviewer
    http://musicappblog.com/cubasis-update-9/

Sorry for being late posting it...

We've enjoyed reading all your nice comments about Cubasis 2, greatly appreciated!

Have a great evening,
    Lars

• @aaronpc said:

@AudioGus said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@ghostly606 said:

Hard reset maybe? It's definitely fixed.

Mister dude, it's night and day. Really.

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2016

For all of you who haven't seen the Cubasis 2 tutorial so far.
    I suggest to get a good drink or a cigar and take the time to watch.

It's definitely worth to get familiar with all new Cubasis 2 features in no time.
    On top Sebastian shows useful tips and tricks in the clip.

• @Tritonman said:
    Awesome sounding new Microlouge instruments.

Yes....totally love these

• This app is fantastic. Truly, it's a joy to use. Reasonable people may request refinements, but @lars, you guys are the gold standard. (I also get a kick out of the funny way you Deutschers pronounce gue-BAE-zis.)

• Punch in/out, pre-roll and count-in recording options have moved up into the tempo popup dialog if anyone was wondering.

• edited September 2016

@sirdavidabraham said:

It states in the built-in manual that when the 'Grid' is off Cubasis defaults to 1/192nd note resolution which in practice makes it impossible (for now) to sample accurate nudging.

The same 1/192nd note resolution also applies to the audio editor when 'bars/beats' is selected as ruler position indication. Setting the ruler position indicator to 'time' enables sample accurate editing (smallest selection is ~10 samples or so?!). The time-indication is quite quick to change when doing audio editing, just tap on the indicator left of the rewind button to switch... (Both 'modes' are useful as one allows to 'snap' to bars/beats while the other allows nit-picky sample-accurate editing).

Unfortunately the 'nudging' of the audio-events is still 'limited' to the 1/192nd note resolution regardless of the ruler format setting.(I guess this is related to the Cubasis internal timer resolution?).

On the positive side 'Freezing' Mini Sampler and Micro Sonic instruments produces prefect results while Micrologue 'suffers' from the same problems as IAA and AU-X instruments...

One 'funny' observation is that when using the same AU-Xs with GarageBand it produces perfect 'spot-on the grid' results so it is a 'host'(ehmm Cubasis) issue.

As far as I know Lars (@LFS) is aware of this issue and I've sent screenshots and described the issue quite some time ago.

To make it even more 'interesting' the Midi Delay setting and Audio Buffers size also affects the Freeze function...
    (These 'settings' are know to Cubasis so they should be taken into account by the 'Track Freeze' routines).

As far as I know the 'Desktop Cubase' does automatic plug-in delay compensation while this 'feature' is still missing in Cubasis.(Most 'Desktop DAWs' produce perfect results when freezing tracks containing various plug-ins).

Over I still have to say that the Cubasis team has done a really good job with the update!

Once the 'Triplet Grids' and 'Track Freeze' issues are resolved I'll feel confident in using and recommending Cubasis.
    (Added bonus would be to have pre/post frequency graph in the parametric EQ).

• @aaronpc said:
    Punch in/out, pre-roll and count-in recording options have moved up into the tempo popup dialog if anyone was wondering.

Took me a while to find them! Lol :-)

• @LFS said:
    For all of you who haven't seen the Cubasis 2 tutorial so far.
    I suggest to get a good drink or a cigar and take the time to watch.

It's definitely worth to get familiar with all new Cubasis 2 features in no time.
    On top Sebastian shows useful tips and tricks in the clip.

Not a manual reader, but this is def. worth the time.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Not a manual reader, but this is def. worth the time.

The Cubasis Built-In manual is worth a look too.
    It's not super long and very clearly laid out and very 'compact' in describing all the details :)

And yeah, the videos are cool too, actually watch those before I was able to download the update...

• Just watched the video lots of cool stuff to see and later play with.

Sebastian is very coy about the TAPE instruments though, I wonder what they could be :wink:

• I'm sure that it must be very hard to implement (or I'm just missing something; as usual), but one of my first thoughts in this much more fluid and, frankly for me, far better new 2.0 world, is a desire for that most boring and administrative things: Filing.

It is a huge thumbs up to this new version that I immediately could imagine doing all kinds of projects here and importing previous work/samples etc., but am a little intimidated by the idea of having all those files in one big list. Folders would be a lovely thing.

• @asnor said:
    @Lars
    Wonderful!
    Thanks!
    Looking forward to the iphone version :smile:

yeah second that iPhone version :)

• Ok I recorded midi notes and I used cubasis synths. Then I make a new midi track and insert item as au. Then crashes cubasis and when I will start again. Crash at start.
    I rebooted but no chance

• This is so effn "GaNgsTA", now I can utilize my 30 gig sample libaray that I have stored in the cloud.. and drop them in a track, then time stretch and transpose the sumbyiitch till it fits .. YAAA!!

• Can someone please try exporting a Session Band Acoustic guitar track and see if Cubasis correctly determines the exact BPM? I've been desperately waiting for this.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Can someone please try exporting a Session Band Acoustic guitar track and see if Cubasis correctly determines the exact BPM? I've been desperately waiting for this.

More info and I will be happy to try. If I simply copy and paste a track/clip into Cubasis nothing particularly happens. If you have a specific method you would like me to try, let me know.

• @MusicMan4Christ Must say that the stretch works very nicely however....

• Now, if only they could work a nice MPC-style system for chopping, I'd never have to leave the app.

• Really loving the update. All the new instruments sound great as well. Nice work Steinberg!!