Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2 now available / special launch price

Cubasis 2 - Music. Simply Made.

Comments

• Dear all,

Before sharing the exciting news about Cubasis 2, please allow me a few personal words.

Cubasis 2 marks the 21st release since the app has been introduced back in early Dec 2012.
    The app has evolved dramatically since then, and as being the case with this exceptional Cubasis 2 release, all updates have been released for free for existing customers.

We as a team hope Cubasis 2 serves as your creative tool of choice to capture song ideas and polish them to musical perfection at ease the most convenient way, without getting lost in technology. Being musicians ourselves this is our eternal goal making Cubasis.

If you’re satisfied with Cubasis 2 please do us a great favour in rating this app in the App Store!
    It just takes a short moment of your time and is of great help for us!

We wish you lots of great moments filled with inspiration, joy and creativity using Cubasis 2 and are excited to hear your feedback.

Enough said, let’s go ahead and lift the curtain…

Thanks for your support,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2016

New features in Cubasis 2.0
    • A Refreshed User Interface – Enjoy profound usability by straightforward workflows
    • Real-time Time-Stretch – Tempo match audio loops to your song’s tempo in a snap
    • Pitch shift with formant correction – Easily change keys of any tracks and tune them to perfection
    • A studio-grade channel strip – Reach true sound perfection for all channels
    • Spin FX – Tweak and mash-up your tracks with DJ-like breaks, stops and stutters
    • MicroSonic TAPE instruments – Perfectly recreate trademark sounds from the ’60s era
    • 76 new Micrologue presets – Lay down your tracks with cutting-edge modern synth sounds
    • Factory loops tempo match – Enjoy the freedom to use included audio loops at any tempo
    • MIDI Auto Quantize – Sync MIDI tracks with the beat while recording
    • Ready for iOS 10 – Cubasis 2.0 is fully tested and proven iOS 10 compatible
    • Maintenance and improvements

Learn more about Cubasis
    http://www.steinberg.net/cubasis

Download Cubasis for the iPad
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/cubasis-music-production-system/id583976519?l=en&mt=8

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2016

Cubasis 2 Special Launch Price
    Cubasis 2 special price valid from September 22 to October 06, 2016: € ($) 24.99 (regular price: € ($) 49.99).
Special price for FX Pack 1 and FX Pack 2 (exclusively available through in-app purchase) valid until October 06, 2016: € ($) 3.99 (regular price: € ($) 6.99).

• Cubasis 2 Tutorial

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2016

Improvements & Fixes
    CB-335 Zooming behaviour in arrange window and editors has been reworked to provide enhanced precision and accuracy.
    CB-3282 Response time has drastically been improved for menu bar and tool bar buttons.
    CB-3081 Record mode tools have been added to tempo pop-up for improved usability.
    CB-3145 Factory audio loop library has been converted to lossless FLAC format for improved quality.
    CB-3273 Background color option has been added to the setup for the Arrange window.
    CB-3209 Order of fixed insert slots can be swapped via corresponding icon.
    CB-3289 Improves the cosmetic issue of iOS keyboard and text pop-ups overlapping.
    CB-392 Overlapping events no longer flicker when zooming or scrolling.
    CB-2947 Loading audio unit instances during playback no longer results in muted audio playback.
    CB-3298 Releasing the pitch-bend wheel now correctly resets its value.
    CB-3314 Fixes the graphical issue of overlaying event names and event lengths.
    CB-3321 Fixes the problem of unreliable rendering of Cubasis when transferring a file via Air Drop.
    CB-3341 Fixes the problem of unreliable rendering of Cubasis when deleting user files via WiFi.
    CB-3063 Fixes a rare phenomenon where audio files can get lost after recording, renaming and reloading a project.
    CB-3028 Solves a rare problem where undoing a track recording could lead to losing corresponding I/O track settings.
    CB-3045 Fixes a rare issue where undoing a recording can lead to renaming of the corresponding track.
    CB-3129 Fixes a problem where the user interface of Blamsoft Viking appears broken after being assigned as AU instrument.
    CB-3127 Freezing an AU track that contains Moog Model 15 now leads to expected results.
    CB-2919 Fixes a problem where loading a project that contains a NS1 AU instrument instance could lead to unreliable behaviour of Cubasis.
    CB-2205 Swing quantize settings are now properly saved with the project.
    CB-3046 Fixes a problem where activating cycle mode during pre-count can lead to loosing recordings.
    CB-3062 Activating cycle mode during count-in no longer leads to unwanted results.
    CB-3110 Fixes defective samples of Microsonic’s Mellow EP instrument.
    CB-3159 Type parameter of filter effect plug-in can now be automated as expected.
    CB-3145 Importing loops from the factory library no longer results in wrong audio event lengths.
    CB-3170 Return to stop in record mode now works as expected when having roll/count enabled.
    CB-3175 Solves a problem where importing 96 kHz samples could lead to broken MiniSampler instruments.
    CB-3210 Deleting an effect no longer interacts with other effect or track automations.
    CB-3162 Fixes a graphical issue where importing .wav files could lead to overlapping between waveform and event size.

• edited September 2016

Still waiting UK arrrrrgh the tension haha.

All the best on C2 day :) @LFS

• All right, I'll buy it. But this is the last one, OK?

• Congratulations Lars! You're setting another benchmark on the platform with this one.

• Brilliant!! Many thanks to all the team behind this! :-)

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2016

@brambos said:
    Congratulations Lars! You're setting another benchmark on the platform with this one.

Thanks Bram, greatly appreciated. But it isn't me ... it's the team's excellent performance who made it possible!

• Cool. I've just deleted 3 apps to make room, but I still have one more to decide on deleting. I really need a bigger iPad.

• Looks brilliant. I'll be happy to buy it, if necessary. But, I thought this was a free update for existing customers?

• @LFS said:
    Thanks Bram, greatly appreciated. But it isn't me ... it's the team excellent performance who made it possible!

They sure did an amazing job. For me the most impressive thing is that you managed to make such a full-featured app feel so sleek and accessible (in terms of workflow).

Next time I'm near Hamburg I'll buy you guys a beer!

• @Nkersov said:
    Looks brilliant. I'll be happy to buy it, if necessary. But, I thought this was a free update for existing customers?

Correct, Cubasis 2 comes for free for existing customers!

• edited September 2016

Congratulations @LFS and team! Lots of new goodies to play with. Thank you

• edited September 2016

@Nkersov said:
    Looks brilliant. I'll be happy to buy it, if necessary. But, I thought this was a free update for existing customers?

It is a free update, as Lars has said many times.

• Hi all,

Please note that the revised Cubasis 2 product website will launch around noon our time in Germany.
    So it will take a few moments until you're able to see all the new content.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @LFS

Particularly like the ease of the time stretch. Well done to the team :)

• @LFS said:

Absolutely marvelous! Really looking forward to playing with this, as soon as it shows up on the UK App Store.

• @LFS Brilliant!You guys did it-this is a BIG step.Congrats!

• @Nkersov said:

@LFS said:

Absolutely marvelous! Really looking forward to playing with this, as soon as it shows up on the UK App Store

The update is available in U.K. Now

• Brilliant, absolutely brilliant

Thank you for all the hard work and congratulations on the release

I love the changes so far

• Channel strip is nice :)

• Looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to get home. Congrats @LFS

• Limitations of time-stretch and pitch shift

The addition of real-time-capable time-stretch and pitch shift featuring zplane’s élastique 3 in Cubasis 2.0 gives you countless options to creatively work with audio files on the fly.

These new features enable you to easily tempo match audio loops to your song’s tempo in real-time or individually change the keys of your project’s audio tracks.

Please note that the performance of real-time time-stretch and pitch shift depends on many factors such as the iPad model you use as well as the sample rate, the hardware latency project setting, the number of tracks and instruments and effects used in your project. In addition, using inter-app data streaming technologies such as Audiobus, Audio Unit and Inter-App Audio along with a number of assigned instrument apps has a significant impact on the performance of your iPad.

Depending on what iPad you use, the number of tracks that contain time-stretch or pitch shift and the complexity of your project, will sooner or later provoke performance limits.

There are several options to improve performance if you encounter performance limits with time-stretch and pitch shift:

• Select Setup > Audio > Hardware Latency and choose Medium.
    • For best CPU efficiency select Stretch > Auto > Mobile.
    • For best resulting quality select Stretch > Auto > Pro and freeze individual tracks or the entire project.
    • Use the Freeze function to render tracks into audio tracks.
    • Reduce the number of instrument tracks and effects used in your project.

• @LFS another huge update, big Thanks to the development team

• Great update @LFS and team! Really really nice.
    And very well done modernizing the look while keeping the overall feel of the app. I really like the new interface.

• @LFS said:
    • A Refreshed User Interface – Enjoy profound usability by straightforward workflows

Any more details on this? I'm trying to compare the images on the App Store with images of 1.9 and the changes aren't jumping out at me.

• Am i imagining things or does it seem more optimised now?

Freezing tracks feels faster and cpu usage lower when using Micrologue