Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 10 is here

Comments

• @mrufino1 thanks for that tip, much prefer that option to have to press the button to unlock the phone.

• It's because the 6S and the 7 will wake up when you pick them up now, the earlier models don't and need that first home button press to know you want to use it. Definitely annoying, I too changed it back to the previous method.

• @u0421793 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

I working as an plumber daytime …

Apparently I made this last week:
    https://goo.gl/photos/rbNqBjqA3PozvhjV6

+1

• edited September 2016

@mrufino1 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@rhcball said:
    How long until I get used to hitting the home button twice to turn this shit on.

On my iPhone 6S I really hate this doubletap homebutton behavior!

I working as an plumber daytime and the button on my iPhone get pressed all the time thru the fabrics contra tools I've got in the near pocket...

I refuse to have any timedelaying passcode (an solution for unwanted unlocking in the pocket)...

Apple, why can't we always has an option to restore earlier functions in the settings?

I hate when other people force me to change a function to something worthless...

I posted a reply to that post originally, just go to settings - general- accessibility- home button and Select "rest finger on home button." when I touch the home button one time my phone is unlocked, just like it was before ios10. Do you have the fingerprint option on? That should prevent and enable what you want unless I misunderstand.

As an obstacle older man I don´t wanna have fingerprint-option enabled...

I only want have our old behaviour back as an option...

Sometime I use my iPhone for just checking the clock, and, the way I lift my iPhone from my sidepocket I will unlock it when I lift it...
    As an left-hander I hate the new placement of the on/off button on the side (instead of on the top).
    Often I changed the sound volume when my finger grabbing the iPhone for pressing the side button...

Me obstinate? yes!

• Lifting the phone doesn't unlock it, it just wakes it up. Itnonlymunlocksnif you put your finger on the home button.

• i like the crazy alarm sound to notify me of flash floods that are gonna destroy all my equipment cuz i'm a loser who lives in my ex's basement (so specific, Apple!)

• Oh, men, I've turned on my iPad4 and it showed "iOS10 has been downloaded automatically. Would you to install it right now?"

"No"

"Would you to install it automatically tonight at 3:00?

"What?...No"

I deleted the update file through "Settings/General/Storage". Damn, Apple, you did it again.

• Yeah, you have to delete the update OTHERWISE IT WILL KEEP NAGGING YOU.

• Can you do that? The update nag turned up on mine a few days back, and popped up about four times yesterday.

• I think even if you delete the update it eventually automatically downloads again when the iPad is charging, so you have to keep deleting it. All part of the forced update cycle so you have to upgrade your hardware to keep up. Bad Apples.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Can you do that? The update nag turned up on mine a few days back, and popped up about four times yesterday.

If you go to Settings -> General -> Storage and iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage you can delete the downloaded update from there. It will then stop nagging you until the next update is released.

• @richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Can you do that? The update nag turned up on mine a few days back, and popped up about four times yesterday.

If you go to Settings -> General -> Storage and iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage you can delete the downloaded update from there. It will then stop nagging you until the next update is released.

Unfortunately you have to get used to deleting it because it will automatically download in the background again when it's idle, plugged in and charging. Even with automatic updates turned off. So I'm often deleting and deleting etc Doesn't take long but it's wrong, you should be able to disable this.

• @Carnbot said:

@richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:

Unfortunately you have to get used to deleting it because it will automatically download in the background again when it's idle, plugged in and charging. Even with automatic updates turned off. So I'm often deleting and deleting etc Doesn't take long but it's wrong, you should be able to disable this.

Maybe turning on airplane mode when charging could set it back a wee bit ?

• @Carnbot said:

@richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:

Ok thanks both, will give it a go.

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@Carnbot said:

@richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:

Maybe turning on airplane mode when charging could set it back a wee bit ?

There is a workaround apparently, by blocking a specific Apple server which delivers the update via your router. But I never bothered with this since I do want to update just prefer to do it in my own time etc :)

• @jooga1972 said:
    Won't update my Mini 2 until I'm absolutely forced to (read: my essential apps will work only under iOS 10...).... I kinda hope this is never gonna happen.... wishful thinking... I'm just tired of upgrading, installing updates and updates again, and just when the glitches and wrinkles of the current iOS are finally ironed out, the new version is released and brings on the bugs. ...

After debating for almost 2 years to update from 8.4, I am happy on 9.3.5.

I'm with jooga, I'm staying put unless my essential apps like Auria, DrumPerfect, etc will only work on iOS 10+. Everything is working okay, so I'm not going to press it...it took me a long time to warm up to jumping up to iOS 9, so I'm cool where I'm at...

• edited October 2016

Fuckin' Apple!

I don't want iOS10 on my iPad Pro 12.9" and destroy Auria Pro!!!!!

Just in the middle of an Auria Pro "session" with Fabfilter Pro Q2, fuckin´ Apple stops the sound and remind me of updating...

It soon enough with Apples new approach to us user...
    An love affair with Apple that has cost me $15000 the last couples of years will soon go to an end if Apple Inc. will terrorize us with bad decisions like this...

There's more to hate nowadays also...

• @Snekula said:
    Is samplr ok with ios10? Thanks

Yes. I haven't run into any problems.

• edited October 2016

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Fuckin' Apple!

Just in the middle of an Auria Pro "session" with Fabfilter Pro Q2, fuckin´ Apple stops the sound and remind me of updating...

An love affair with Apple that has cost me $15000 the last couples of years will soon go to an end if Apple Inc. will terrorize us with bad decisions like this...

It is really irritating, I can't update yet as I use Auria too.

Really out of order to affect the usability of a product, and bully owners into an update they don't want to make. I get at least two or three of these over a session.

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

Humm ... I accidentally clicked to install on the nag pop up. When I got to the license agreement, I was pissed, so I said "Decline". That seemed to put it off a bit. I'm waiting to see if it's going to go off and sulk awhile. I hope so.

I don't have any problem with upgrading my phone, but really, really hate their tactics. So insulting. :/

• @MonzoPro said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Fuckin' Apple!

It is really irritating, I can't update yet as I use Auria too.

Really out of order to affect the usability of a product, and bully owners into an update they don't want to make. I get at least two or three of these over a session.

Grrrrrrr!!!

...and Apple fuckin' doesn't cares what we say or feel about this... We are an minority of "Pro-user" that isn't important for Apple any longer...
    Now they have hundred millions of gamers who put too much money in their's pockets...

I feel really sad about this situation...

• I deleted the upgrade from "manage storage" yesterday and haven't had any pop ups since. I'll have to download it again when auria is ios10 ready but that's ok.

• No issues here after deleting. It happens with every update. No big deal really. I'm staying on 9 for now.

• @mrufino1 said:
    I deleted the upgrade from "manage storage" yesterday and haven't had any pop ups since. I'll have to download it again when auria is ios10 ready but that's ok.

Exactly.

• But that's common place among users of professional applications: to stay on a stable OS version where the said applications work the best, as long as they can. And when compelled to update, to be sure the update won't break anything. iOS musicians are not quite used to this yet, and many go all in for each and every update Apple releases. As the number of professional iOS applications grows, as well as the professionals that rely on them for critical, money-making jobs, this will change, slowly but inexorably.

Oh, and I'm still on iOS9, and will stay put even after Auria is updated for iOS10 compatibility.

• @dustybins said:

@Snekula said:
    Is samplr ok with ios10? Thanks

Yes. I haven't run into any problems.

Thanks!

• @theconnactic said:
    iOS musicians are not quite used to this yet, and many go all in for each and every update Apple releases.

Keep in mind that not installing the most current version makes life rather hard for developers. It's nigh impossible to fully support an app when the userbase is spread out over 8 different versions and sub-versions of an operating system. From a support perspective it's much better to have everyone on the same system, working with exactly the same APIs and system library versions.

As long as many iOS development operations consist of one- or two-man bands this will remain an issue. So we're rather happy that many "go all in".

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

@brambos said:
    As long as many iOS development operations consist of one- or two-man bands this will remain an issue. So we're rather happy that many "go all in".

Betcha wish Apple wouldn't update so damn often though. ;)

• @wim said:

@brambos said:

Betcha wish Apple wouldn't update so damn often though. ;)

Hah! That's one of those things that we cannot avoid, like death and taxes. :smiley:

• The only "issue" I've discovered so far is an annoying, albeit only occasional bug where the orientation flips to landscape randomly.

I'm on iOS 10.0.2, with an iPad Air 1.