Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 10 is here

Anyone get it yet?

Not me yet. I won't let my iPad update until I know I'll have time to test it. I guess this only really matters if you are using iOS live or for critical audio work without other backup.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/13/apple-releases-ios-10/

Comments

• I have one device so I'm waiting lol :)

• Downloading it now. Trying it on an older iPad to see if Alchemy still works.

• I'll be updating all my 'compatible' devices (iPhone 5, iPad Air 2 and my Apple TV4).
    1st Get iPad Mini will stay at iOS9.3.5 (I will apply all potential security updates).

• edited September 2016

I predict quite a few apps will need updating for iOS 10. Let's see if my mystic powers are in tune with the universe B)

I see them being small things not noticeable at first....the tea leaves say so....

• edited September 2016

It required my iPad Pro 12.9" to go to recovery mode, but I did not lose data. Trying again now.

My iPhone5S pushed through like a champ. Hooray I can delete the TIPS app now.

ALSO: Update seems to make the os take a bit less space.

• edited September 2016

Just did the update - I was able to open all my Auria projects no problem, and start new ones. So far just flipped through a bunch of apps opening them, no in-depth checking - but so far no glitches on Synthmaster/Moebius/Different Drummer/Blocs/Modstep/Elastic Drums etc. Apple Music definitely a different layout.

Edit: Using 9.7 Pro & Mini 4

• I don't think any of the advertised new stuff in iOS 10 will be of any benefit to me, or my music environment.
    It contains all this great new stuff

Can anyone tell me why I need to download this ? What is the benefit for 'us' ?

• I've had my iDevices bricked a bunch of times since Apple introduced OTA.

Anyone using this on an iPad Air 1? I'm usually jumping on the updates, but haven't kept up with iOS lately, and don't need a slightly more crippled iPad in favor of eye candy and whatnot.

• My spare iPad (Air2-64GB-4G) and my iPhone 6S has been on iOS 10 since beta 8...
    I can sometimes feel a little lagging here and there on the system...

I don't trust Apple nor Microsoft, I really believe that they make some software "adjustments" so our older iPads (or PC/Mac) feel older and tired... Then they can sell more new devices to us... Grrrrr!

I'll wait with my iPad Pro 12,9" with iOS 10 - I don't wanna Apple reduce my experience...

• Upgraded an older iPad (an iPad mini 2).

Alchemy Mobile still works.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    Upgraded an older iPad (an iPad mini 2).

Alchemy Mobile still works.

Weeeeeee! My Alchemy takes up quite a few GBs, so I've been thinking about deleting it, but hell if it still works on iOS 10 I'll hold on to it for a while longer

• edited September 2016

Been thinking on deleting Alchemy for the space here as well. I seldom use it but it is good enough that I will hold on for a little longer. Might need some space though depending on the size of Derek's new session drum app when it comes out soonish , hopefully.
    I am on the last 9 update prior ro ten and all is well so I should be good for awhile.

• edited September 2016

iPad Pro 12.9, 9.7 and iPhone 6 will go from iOS 10 GM to iOS 10 public release. iPad 3 will remain on 9.3.5 from now until its battery dies. iPad mini 1 will be going back to Apple for recycling.

• That picture recognition thing that recognizes objects (and faces) in your pics actually sounds like something I'd need. I hoard all kinds of pictures, and I've kinda given up on keeping them sorted in albums. In theory this would let me search for synth or piano and I guess any pics with keys will show up? Or Cats for all the cat gifs (pls)?

• No problems here so far updated first 12" iPad and iPhone SE. Both via iTunes and cable. Most asked question when new OS is knocking on the door? Yes Alchemy ;-) Still working here.

• Garageband is apparently updated too :)
    My internet connection is crawling so I'll put iTunes to download all the updates and install in the morning...

• Is this alchemy for IOS ? I know there was a Mac version but never heard available for Ipad. Any link to App store?

• What about GB new features, if any?

• What about GB new features, if any?

• Hmmm. Not sure I need all these bits and a home screen with fluff.

Audio Units, iSem and Viking crash Modstep for me. Aum still seems to host these AUs without problem. Dont have any blamsoft, yet!

• edited September 2016

We're all updated.

• @Samu said:
    I'll be updating all my 'compatible' devices (iPhone 5, iPad Air 2 and my Apple TV4).
    1st Get iPad Mini will stay at iOS9.3.5 (I will apply all potential security updates).

How does it run on an iPhone 5? I've been holding off updating mine (still on 7x) due to tales of battery problems with 8 and 9x on the 5.

Would love to be up to date, but don't want to mess up my phone as I can't afford a new one!

• Garageband is apparently updated too :)
    My internet connection is crawling so I'll put iTunes to download all the updates and install in the morning...

• @MonzoPro said:

How does it run on an iPhone 5? I've been holding off updating mine (still on 7x) due to tales of battery problems with 8 and 9x on the 5.

So far pretty good! Some animations are changed to give a speedier impression?!
    It will take some time to get used to 'un-learn' the swipe-to-unlock guesture...

The few music apps I have on the iPhone (for now) work just like before (AudioShare, AUM, TwistedWave, iKaossilator, Figure, Poison-202, Aleph Looper and Ruismaker FM).

I do like the fact that 'places' is back in the Photo.app missed that one from iOS8 or so... :)

I've not had any battery issues at all(apart from mechanical problems where the battery decided to 'expand' a bit and as a result I got a new iPhone 5). I charge my iPhone 5 every 2 days or so... (I do take quite a few pictures every day, no streaming or too much youtube, maps/naviagion sometimes and some googling and wiki-pedia stuff).

Over all I can't find much to complain about.

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

So far pretty good! Some animations are changed to give a speedier impression?!
    It will take some time to get used to 'un-learn' the swipe-to-unlock guesture...

The few music apps I have on the iPhone (for now) work just like before (AudioShare, AUM, TwistedWave, iKaossilator, Figure, Poison-202, Aleph Looper and Ruismaker FM).

I do like the fact that 'places' is back in the Photo.app missed that one from iOS8 or so... :)

I've not had any battery issues at all(apart from mechanical problems where the battery decided to 'expand' a bit and as a result I got a new iPhone 5). I charge my iPhone 5 every 2 days or so... (I do take quite a few pictures every day, no streaming or too much youtube, maps/naviagion sometimes and some googling and wiki-pedia stuff).

Over all I can't find much to complain about.

Thanks for the feedback - sounds promising. Mine's quite ancient now (not an S version) so I barely get a day from a battery charge.

Do you find it faster than 8 and 9x?

• @theconnactic said:
    What about GB new features, if any?

Nada...Just bug fixes/stability

• @MonzoPro said:

Thanks for the feedback - sounds promising. Mine's quite ancient now (not an S version) so I barely get a day from a battery charge.

Some operations feel speedier than on 9x(I'm not the one who runs benchmarks on everything).
    Mine is the 16GB 'ancient 5' (non S) version too...

To be honest I don't even remember how iOS7 or iOS8 ran on the device, it's so long time ago...

I use it mostly as a 'pocket memo/field-recorder', 'camera' and for 'internet' and sometimes as a remote (AudioBus Remote and AppleTV). A quick swipe from the lock-screen to go to the camera is nice.

It runs good enough so I don't feel the immediate need to get a new phone :)

• @sirdavidabraham said:

@theconnactic said:
    What about GB new features, if any?

Nada...Just bug fixes/stability

Thanks!

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Some operations feel speedier than on 9x(I'm not the one who runs benchmarks on everything).
    Mine is the 16GB 'ancient 5' (non S) version too...

To be honest I don't even remember how iOS7 or iOS8 ran on the device, it's so long time ago...

I use it mostly as a 'pocket memo/field-recorder', 'camera' and for 'internet' and sometimes as a remote (AudioBus Remote and AppleTV). A quick swipe from the lock-screen to go to the camera is nice.

It runs good enough so I don't feel the immediate need to get a new phone :)

Thanks Samu, that all sounds good to me. I don't use the phone for music, mostly art and photo apps, and use it as a phone (!), internet and camera mostly. It'd be nice to be able to run newer apps, so I'll have to seriously consider this.