Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Meteor Multitrack Recorder is on sale ($12,99 from $19,99)

Comments

• I've been emailing them, & no reply for ages for a update. It always crashes now. Air 1 latest iOS. Shame really. Nice little DAW. :/

• No Auria Pro though, is it? ;)
    [exits]

• Shady stuff, this. Barring some announcement ahead of iTunes house cleaning that updates are nigh, I call shenanigans.

• @aaronpc said:
    Shady stuff, this. Barring some announcement ahead of iTunes house cleaning that updates are nigh, I call shenanigans.

Yeah. Doesn't smell good.

• edited September 2016

As far as I can tell Meteor will pass "housekeeping" in the sense that it still appears to work fine on iOS 9.3.5 though I don't actually use it much anymore.

I'm more surprised to see that there is anyone still at 4pockets to actually have a sale.

• edited September 2016

@BiancaNeve said:
    As far as I can tell Meteor will pass "housekeeping" in the sense that it still appears to work fine on iOS 9.3.5 though I don't actually use it much anymore.

I'm more surprised to see that there is anyone still at 4pockets to actually have a sale.

Wonder what happened there. They could have been a long-term contender...

• They've still got "Pocket PC" on their website's nav bar. I'm guessing they didn't get with the times. ;)

• I considered this one back when I was looking for a DAW w/video solution. This is the ONLY other one (via IAP) other than Auria. Saw it hadn't been updated in a long time and reports of dealbreaker bugs, so I decided to go all in on Auria instead.

• Once Upon a Time 4Pockets use to regularly to update it........ I assume they have gone down the Pan?.....

• Update posted. Shenanigans proclamation withdrawn:

Upgraded the app to 64bit.
    Fixed a bug which caused a possible crash when exiting the Online Shop
    Fixed an issue with the MIDI output selection in the MIDI Editor
    Added a new Ducking & Diving In-App Purchase
    Added a positioning guide in the MIDI editor for placing & dragging notes
    Improved the video handling capabilities using the Video Plug-In
    Added inline popup Mini Mixer and Channel Effects panels

Now if they give Aurora some attention it might have to go back on my Wish List.

• Wow! Wasn't expecting that to happen.

• @studs1966 said:
    Once Upon a Time 4Pockets use to regularly to update it........ I assume they have gone down the Pan?.....

I stand corrected!......... I hope they update all there other apps?.......... :) ........ I'm so glad 4Pockets.com are still here & active. :p

• Can't see myself buying ANOTHER iOS DAW, especially with the fabled BM3 on the somewhere horizon and Gadget's audio debut soon, but there was some talk about Meteor in this recent thread:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/17135/synergy-studio-update

• edited January 2017

The cool thing for me about Meteor is it's integration with the other 4Pockets apps: Synergy (and Aurora for iPad, I'm pretty sure) export their projects as multitrack stems directly to Meteor. So if you like the workflow of either of those apps you can easily continue the project using the full-on DAW stuff inside Meteor, including video

One caveat: seems like the Dropbox sdk in Meteor and Synergy (and probably Aurora) aren't current, and so Dropbox link is not happening

• This incarnation of Meteor looks sooo pretty & compelling ... but ...

... £9.99 plus the midi editor £7.99 IAP, plus past years of neglect across all their apps ...

... I worry that I invest, plus IAP(s), and then I'm struggling with abandonware no longer playing with others nicely, or at all.

To gamble on losing my entire investment as soon as somebody else changes something, to tempt me in these circs I'd need a much lower price. At this price point I just daren't risk it.

• How good is the Reverb? Is it on par with Virsyn AudioReverb? Or RF-1?

(Then - but only then - i would consider this)

P.S.
    Still waiting for BM3

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    How good is the Reverb? Is it on par with Virsyn AudioReverb? Or RF-1?

(Then - but only then - i would consider this)

P.S.
    Still waiting for BM3

You're in business as long as your preferred reverb is IAA, (Meteor hosts IAA fx...)