Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria pro is on sale for $24.99

Comments

• @MonzoPro: only if you upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro inside the Auria plug-in Store. If you have Auria and buy Auria Pro in the App Store, you'll have to buy all the plug-ins again, as far as I know. Or am I wrong?

• Just to add.

Even without the extra features of the Pro version, think about what else you get instrument wise. Well worth £18.99 of anyone's money.

• edited September 2016

Their current pricing is crazy

Currently you can buy le for £15, then spend £8 to upgrade to Auria then a further £30 to upgrade to Pro

Or you can buy Auria for £19 plus £30 to upgrade to pro

Or you can buy Auria Pro for £19.

• Right. But you could have Auria running on a powerless device and Auria Pro on another more powerful.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Their current pricing is crazy

Currently you can buy le for £15, then spend £8 to upgrade to Auria then a further £30 to upgrade to Pro

Or you can buy Auria for £19 plus £30 to upgrade to pro

Or you can buy Auria Pro for £19.

The old products are probably only kept on for people reloading from scratch. Pro is the only version to consider if buying or upgrading.

• @theconnactic said:
    @MonzoPro: only if you upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro inside the Auria plug-in Store. If you have Auria and buy Auria Pro in the App Store, you'll have to buy all the plug-ins again, as far as I know. Or am I wrong?

You can transfer the plugins from Auria to Auria Pro, there is a special button to this in the settings. It can take a few attempts to work, but it does work.

• edited September 2016

Good news! Just heard back from Rim and he'd already put the upgrade on-sale for half off too. It just hasn't propagated through the servers yet.

To be honest, I’m not a musician. I’m only using Auria for soundscapey stuff. Mostly for video. The Auria app with the video import, is the ONLY one that does the function in the store, ie. full DAW with video reference. If it wasn't for the video component, MultiTrack DAW is really all I would ever need to use on iOS.

That being said, is there really anything extra I’d benefit from in Pro anyway? Seems like most of the extra pro-stuff is targeted toward midi & tune creation/musicians. Thoughts?

• edited September 2016

@skiphunt said:
    Good news! Just heard back from Rim and he'd already put the upgrade on-sale for half off too. It just hasn't propagated through the servers yet.

To be honest, I’m not a musician. I’m only using Auria for soundscapey stuff. Mostly for video. The Auria app with the video import, is the ONLY one that does the function in the store, ie. full DAW with video reference. If it wasn't for the video component, MultiTrack DAW is really all I would ever need to use on iOS.

That being said, is there really anything extra I’d benefit from in Pro anyway? Seems like most of the extra pro-stuff is targeted toward midi & tune creation/musicians. Thoughts?

Well at least that makes sense re upgrade price.

Oh and as I believe I mentioned in another thread recently Meteor does video import too and rather more elegantly than Auria. But that's just the pedant in me, Auria pro at £19 is steal.

• Auria = 49.99 €
    Auria Pro = 24.99 €
    Auria LE = 19.99 €
    Auria ... € 49.99 ... .. less features double price. ..everything prices are correct?

• More familiar questions: If Auria Pro is on currently on sale for $24.99 why isn't the upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro also $24.99? Within (my) Auria upgrade to Pro is listed at $39.99 (which is confirmed when I go through the steps to Buy) while on the very same Auria Store page the first thing mentioned is "Upgrade to Auria Pro! Currently on sale for 50% off"

Is it in fact necessary to buy Auria Pro separately then host both versions and transfer(?) IAP's over to Pro?

• edited September 2016

Just use the real Antares auto tune. Its IAA and Audiobus compatible check out here in the video.

• @Proppa said:
    More familiar questions: If Auria Pro is on currently on sale for $24.99 why isn't the upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro also $24.99? Within (my) Auria upgrade to Pro is listed at $39.99 (which is confirmed when I go through the steps to Buy) while on the very same Auria Store page the first thing mentioned is "Upgrade to Auria Pro! Currently on sale for 50% off"

Is it in fact necessary to buy Auria Pro separately then host both versions and transfer(?) IAP's over to Pro?

According to Rim (the dev) he replied to an email saying the pro upgrade is going to be 50% off. It just isn't showing up quite yet. So, I'm guessing that means it'll soon be $19.99 to upgrade to Pro from Auria.

The IAPS will transfer if you buy the Pro version separately for $24.99, but you'd have to reinstall your old non-pro with IAPS and hit the transfer to PRO version if you ever delete Pro.

Best just wait for the servers to catch up, and get the $19.99 upgrade. That's what I might do. Not chump change, and would rather spend that money on Moog Model 15 to be honest ;) but I don't think Auria goes on sale very often.

• Doesn't list the fab or psp plugs in the iap description.
    Can anyone tell me how much Timeless 2 is to purchase please ?

• In the menu section, if you click on "upgrade to Auria pro" the pricing is 39,99 but if you click on "Auria store" a new page opens allowing you to purchase plugins but also at the end to "upgrade to Auria pro". If you click then Will appear the offer to upgrade at 19,99

• @skiphunt said:

According to Rim (the dev) he replied to an email saying the pro upgrade is going to be 50% off. It just isn't showing up quite yet. So, I'm guessing that means it'll soon be $19.99 to upgrade to Pro from Auria.

Solid and thanks.

• edited September 2016

@Jes said:
    Doesn't list the fab or psp plugs in the iap description.

See this thread:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/11251/auria-pro-iap-info-and-pricing/p1

• @richardyot said:

@theconnactic said:
    @MonzoPro: only if you upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro inside the Auria plug-in Store. If you have Auria and buy Auria Pro in the App Store, you'll have to buy all the plug-ins again, as far as I know. Or am I wrong?

You can transfer the plugins from Auria to Auria Pro, there is a special button to this in the settings. It can take a few attempts to work, but it does work.

Yep, I have a separate version of Pro and it worked fine.

• @richardyot said:

@Jes said:
    Doesn't list the fab or psp plugs in the iap description.

See this thread:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/11251/auria-pro-iap-info-and-pricing/p1

oh thats great . Thankyou @richardyot

• The sale is a great price. i paid full price for it. I didn't buy any other IAP plugins, never had Auria before. The included FB and lyra are nice. Even if you don't have a system that can handle its power now but want it, you may want to pick it up now when it's on sale. I am waiting to hear from Apple to see what they announce in terms of the Pro line before upgrading my device.

• edited September 2016

Would there be much benefit to buying Auria Pro for $24.99 when I already have Cubasis fully IAP'ed?

Also, what can Auria Pro without IAP's do, that Cubasis fully IAP'ed cannot?

• @puppychumful said:
    Would there be much benefit to buying Auria Pro for $24.99 when I already have Cubasis fully IAP'ed?

That's a great question, I would like to know also but for the opposite reason as I'm eyeing the next Cubasis when it comes out. I don't have Cubasis currently but I have Auria Pro without IAPs.

• @puppychumful said:

At the sale price - a big YES.

Even just to get the included instruments it's worth the price!

• edited September 2016

Thank you for your insights!

As to the included instruments, I've got a quite a few synth apps, sample player aps, effects apps, etc. What would Auria Pro's included instruments offer, that my sizeable library of stand- alone apps would not?

Also, can Auria Pro's included instruments work as stand-alones or must the be in conjunction with Auria Pro?

• In case it's helpful to anyone looking to upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro: The sale price is live now - within Auria you have to go to Auria Store and 'Not Upgrade To Pro' - within the Store is the sale-priced Upgrade option.

Also: after upgrading I hit Restore Purchases and all my IAP's installed with no issues.

• @puppychumful said:

I'll answer that:

• pitch shifting
    • time streching
    • audio warping (elastic audio)
    • transient slicing
    • load EXS libraries (even the 5 GB+ ones)
    • routing tracks to mixer subgroups
    • various advanced MIDI FX such as humanizing
    • it has FabFilter Twin and One synths
    • it has PSP pro grade expansion, gate, EQ, compression, limiter and maximizer (brickwall limiter) all built-in
  • @puppychumful said:
    Thank you for your insights!

As to the included instruments, I've got a quite a few synth apps, sample player aps, effects apps, etc. What would Auria Pro's included instruments offer, that my sizeable library of stand- alone apps would not?

Also, can Auria Pro's included instruments work as stand-alones or must the be in conjunction with Auria Pro?

The included instruments can only be used in Auria Pro. They are fiddley to use and a midi keyboard or other input device is recommended. Yet if you can put up with those issues and you have the time to invest, Twin2 is a wonderful synth and capable of results that other iOS synths would struggle with. Combine it with Volcano2 and Timeless2 and lots of time = sound heaven.

Yet your question is difficult to answer in other ways. You may already have enough synths, fx etc to already get more sounds than you could ever use, so it's really down to money and time.

• @theconnactic said:

@puppychumful said:

I'll answer that:

• pitch shifting
    • time streching
    • audio warping (elastic audio)
    • transient slicing
    • load EXS libraries (even the 5 GB+ ones)
    • routing tracks to mixer subgroups
    • various advanced MIDI FX such as humanizing
    • it has FabFilter Twin and One synths
    • it has PSP pro grade expansion, gate, EQ, compression, limiter and maximizer (brickwall limiter) all built-in

Doesn't it also do easy cross-fades? I don't have Cubasis, but I vaguely remember someone saying it didn't.

• edited September 2016

@skiphunt said:
    Hmmm... those of us who paid $50 for Auria before Pro, still have to pay $39.99 to upgrade and keep our IAPs?

NOPE! :) That's what I thought at first too. But if you check the Auria store you will find an upgrade for $20 (US), Should keep your IAP's too. Installing now...

• edited September 2016

does aura have a comprehensive browser where you can easily organize samples you've copied into the app via audioshare.... like drag a sample to this folder etc... tap a folder and rename it etc... drag samples from folders to tracks without jumping through hoops?

I'm asking because I'm contemplating using it for a straight up sample collage app

• @AlleycatLA said:

@skiphunt said:
    Hmmm... those of us who paid $50 for Auria before Pro, still have to pay $39.99 to upgrade and keep our IAPs?

NOPE! :) That's what I thought at first too. But if you check the Auria store you will find an upgrade for $20 (US), Should keep your IAP's too. Installing now...

Yes, I know... posted that info right after the OP after emailing the dev and getting the scoop. :)