Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria pro is on sale for $24.99

Should I get it? Already have and love gadget, multitrackstudio, and a ton of synths. No AU support yet, correct?
Anybody know how well it's vocal auto tune works?
Thanks

Comments

• edited September 2016

In a vast sea of shockingly good Auria plugins and effects, the autotune is a floating pile o' trash. Absolutely don't get Auria for the autotune. You'll be disappointed.

Then again, If you have interest in any other aspect of Auria, you most likely will not be disappointed. ;-) it is stellar.

• AuriaPro is great :)

• edited September 2016

Yeah, that's a great price. Id pay that for the fabfilter twin 2 alone (easily my fav iOS synth after the Moogs, and they're $30 bucks, so..)

• edited September 2016

It is one of the best DAWs on iOS and you can purchase desktop quality effects in the Auria Store that works much like AU does in other DAWs

However, on my iPad Air 1 there are performance issues like the interface being sluggish when i have more than a few tracks, the out of memory warnings and high cpu usage which requires some track freezing etc.

So i'd say it depends on what device you're using

• For this price, it's a steal: by all means, go for it.

Does anyone know if the FF plug-ins are also on sale?

• @jn2002dk, I also have the Air 1 and don't have these issues. Maybe am I lucky?

• edited September 2016

@theconnactic said:
    @jn2002dk, I also have the Air 1 and don't have these issues. Maybe am I lucky?

Maybe, or maybe you work primarily with audio?

I'm certainly not the only one with performance issues in Auria Pro and i thought it only fair to warn OP in case he is not using a new device

• I have an Air1. The biggest thing I used it for is recording FX on the fly (which I can't do in Cubasis) although these days I would likely use Modstep for that.

• The plug-ins, alas, do not seem to be on sale.

• My current devices (ipad 4, ipad mini 3) gets the performance resource warning with just one midi track. I will have to wait until I upgrade to really utilize this app, which I like.

• @jn2002dk: it's the other way around: mostly with MIDI, and only the guitar and bass are recorded live, but I'll convert everything to audio before using mixing plug-ins: using Fab Filter or PSP plug-ins on MIDI tracks (remember, they are locked to a buffer size of 512) will overload even the CPU of a 12.9" iPad Pro. Especially if the MIDI tracks are FF Synths. Hope it helps you.

• edited September 2016

Hmmm... those of us who paid $50 for Auria before Pro, still have to pay $39.99 to upgrade and keep our IAPs?

I'm all for supporting decent products and devs, but that doesn't seem quite fair.

Not going to lose sleep over though. I'm fine sticking with plain ol' Auria. Still does pretty much all I need it to. However, it'd be awfully sweet if he threw a nice upgrade bone to some of us early adopters who already ponied up $50 for the pre-PRO Auria.

• @theconnactic said:
    @jn2002dk, I also have the Air 1 and don't have these issues. Maybe am I lucky?

You must be.......... Mine does it too. Even Cubasis does it(but not as much) Sometimes I use MultiTrak DAW to get basic sketched out song done then mastered, & add little bit to on Auria Pro. When the Air 1 first came out, there hardly any CPU spikes. Smooth as Butter. Maybe best to save up for a iPad Pro 2 Big Boy, if it comes out? Hardware gets old too quickly, as Software tries to keep up with knew Hardware technologies, which are constantly being moved & pushed along by there creators, so you have to buy new within 2 years to keep up what you want to create. Computer Evolution way of life I'm afraid. :)

• @theconnactic Thanks. It's not like it's unusable or anything and there is always the option of freezing some tracks which solves it. Just something to be aware of if you're buying it and using something even older than an Air

It's a fantastic DAW and the plugins are unrivalled on iOS

• I am also interested in the Pro 2. I read rumors it was posponed to 2017, unfortunately...

• @studioAB said:
    My current devices (ipad 4, ipad mini 3) gets the performance resource warning with just one midi track. I will have to wait until I upgrade to really utilize this app, which I like.

Same here.

• I think the Air 1 is the minimum requirement. Or is it the iPad 4?

• @theconnactic said:
    I think the Air 1 is the minimum requirement. Or is it the iPad 4?

iPad 4 is the minimum according to their website

• I'm waiting for a PSP sale! Please please please.

• Took me a while to get the hang of it's way of doing things, but have to say I prefer using this to Logic now. I'm a bit of an editing freak, and zooming in and mucking about with recorded audio is so much quicker with this than fiddling with a mouse on a Mac.

I don't use the synths though, the controls are a bit too small and fiddly for my old eyes.

• It is the root, the base and the plinth.

• @skiphunt said:
    Hmmm... those of us who paid $50 for Auria before Pro, still have to pay $39.99 to upgrade and keep our IAPs?

I think IAPs will transfer even if you buy Auria Pro separately. Check on the Auria forums to make sure, but that's how I remember it.

• I own Auria and i've purchased many Fabfilters and PSP plugins these last years. I didn't upgrade to Pro version yet.
    What happens if I buy Auria Pro now?
    Will I be able to restore all the plugins I've purchased?
    Thanks for your answer

• I wouldn't worry about the resources box coming up sometimes when running very little. I think it's a bug. My Air2 does it on some projects that are just starting off with little running. The box shows and goes away. I add more tracks with no issues what so ever.

• edited September 2016

@Hmtx said:

@skiphunt said:

I think IAPs will transfer even if you buy Auria Pro separately. Check on the Auria forums to make sure, but that's how I remember it.

There's a thread by Rim explaining the IAP thing. But, it appears the store sees the PRO if you purchased the one on sale, as a new/separate app.

I don't have much, and likely wouldn't bother with an upgrade unless it was a really sweet deal. And only then because I'd be supporting the dev. Because I don't really need anything in Pro anyway.

EDIT: Looks like it's possible if you already own Auria to pass the IAPs over, but its a bit of a hassle and you have to maintain both apps if you ever delete PRO, you'll have to reinstall non-pro, reload your IAPs, then hit a button to transfer them to PRO again: http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13601

• I would be happy if there is a free upgrade for Auria non-pro users who have already upgraded by paying (in my case €40)..

• The upgrade from regular to pro will never be free, so my advice is not to lose sleep over it.

• @Johnba said:
    I own Auria and i've purchased many Fabfilters and PSP plugins these last years. I didn't upgrade to Pro version yet.
    What happens if I buy Auria Pro now?
    Will I be able to restore all the plugins I've purchased?
    Thanks for your answer

Yeah I did it, it was pretty straightforward as far as I remember.

• I bought Auria le then upgraded to Auria then to Pro. All worth the money at the time.

As far as I know you can buy Pro straight off and still carry your iaps over. The iaps are mostly already within the app, they just need unlocking. Your registration handles the unlocking, so I believe.

Double check to make sure, but the reason they brought over the old versions of some of the iaps were to keep full backwards compatibility