Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MODSTEP Midi CC Templates (NEW MOOG MODEL 15 Template. EVERY SINGLE KNOB)

Comments

• i must be missing a step. i am hosting isem in AUM, the synth gets note data, and i can see the mod data gets recorded but it never seems to have any effect. maybe i need to enable the playback of the mod data?

• edited April 2016

Tested myself. it definitely doesn't work in AUM. I'm guessing its because Aum lets you "midi learn" all AU parameters in the midi ctrl tab. meanwhile the template works perfectly for iSEM hosted inside modstep. Will probably create generic midi learn templates for Both Viking and iSem when i get around to it. after doing Lorentz i'm kind of burnt out right now lol. then again i own both Viking and iSem so will definitely do them at some point.

• well pitch bend and mod wheel work, and master volume is in fact filter amount and the rest do not do much. seems they are not set up right or i am doing something wrong...

• @wellingtonCres said:
    well pitch bend and mod wheel work, and master volume is in fact filter amount and the rest do not do much. seems they are not set up right or i am doing something wrong...

Actually managed to get it to work.
    Tutorial here:-

• Nice! Added it to the Modstep User Playlist:

• New Template added. Moog Model 15 TOTAL. It lets you modulate every single Knob. ccmap included along with the template in the zip. just load it into model 15 and you're good to go. Check first post for details.

• edited May 2016

@gonekrazy3000 I am not ready to use these yet, but recognize the hard work and dedication, the sheer time, you've put into this effort. Labor of love and an example to us all. Very generous.

If we ever have an AGM (and I think we should and it should be here in Austin or, maybe, in the British Virgin Islands...:)) there will be an award (or a cocktail) named in your honor....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @gonekrazy3000 I am not ready to use these yet, but recognize the hard work and dedication, the sheer time, you've put into this effort. Labor of love and an example to us all. Very generous.

If we ever have an AGM (and I think we should and it should be here in Austin or, maybe, in the British Virgin Islands...:)) there will be an award (or a cocktail) named in your honor....

Thanks a lot man :smile: I just wanted to get this template out of the way cause i was actually in the middle of doing a few short tutorials for clip automation tricks and midi for modstep and i got completely sidetracked with the model 15 launching. I'm actually gonna incorporate the model 15 into the videos now. i think I'm somewhat OCD when it comes to modstep templates lol. the remaining 2 gadgets and TeraSynth are constantly gnawing at my brain....

• @gonekrazy3000 , here is a snap of all the modules and names. None seem to have same name...( I am replying to you first post with snaps of M-15) Maybe better to keep original names to avoid confusion and relearning names?

Anyway thanks a million for your hard work :) greatly appreciated.

• @soundklinik said:
    @gonekrazy3000 , here is a snap of all the modules and names. None seem to have same name...( I am replying to you first post with snaps of M-15) Maybe better to keep original names to avoid confusion and relearning names?

Anyway thanks a million for your hard work :) greatly appreciated.

Lol. The template editor doesn't seem to have a rename function for the parameters. Would have to delete and readd everything. Something I don't nave the patience to do now @_@. I meant on the interface itself. When making a patch i dont usually go look at the manual. Just at the modular synth itself. And on it the 921B for example doesn't have _1 or _2 written. In hindsight I should have checked the manual but C'est la vie. Maybe one of the mod step devs could rename everything before they add it in the official templates :tongue:

• @gonekrazy3000 ,

Can I call you the 'CC guru'!

One question, what app you use to record the iPad Screen? Thks

• I'm actually getting AirPlay mirroring on my desktop and recording that.

• edited May 2016

I'm actually getting AirPlay mirroring on my desktop and recording that. Used an app called airshou for my first few vids but that doesn't capture audio so it's kinda pointless for a music forum.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I'm actually getting AirPlay mirroring on my desktop and recording that.

See!

This app is interesting, want to see further development!

Vidyo: Screen Recording by PHAM THI DUNG
    https://appsto.re/tw/_Pq2bb.i

• @Kaikoo2 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

See!

Have you tried it ? If it actually works I might just buy it. Seems like exactly what I'm looking for.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Kaikoo2 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

See!

Have you tried it ? If it actually works I might just buy it. Seems like exactly what I'm looking for.

Wait for the update, there might be a bug on wifi, the YouTube vid said it.

Indeed interesting, that is why I ask how you done yours.

• Great, thanks for this, much appreciated!

• @Kaikoo2 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Kaikoo2 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

See!

Wait for the update, there might be a bug on wifi, the YouTube vid said it.

Indeed interesting, that is why I ask how you done yours.

I looked in at app store at this and it seems there are many apps called vidyo....all between two or three dollars and with varying reviews....would like to pick the right one of course :) Looks like your suggestion is the newest of the bunch and it sounds as though you have had some interaction with the developer....I wonder if this is like the desktop world, where there are probably fully-developed apps for screen recording, not that I know of the killer app for the desktop either, although I'd like to....

• OMG...thanks so much... @gonekrazy3000

• @crony said:
    OMG...thanks so much... @gonekrazy3000

you're welcome :smile:

• Wow! Thank you very much for sharing all this work.

• Many thanks for sharing your great work with us!

• Gracias amigo.

• Great work! Thanks!

• Just sent these to my modstep and its great. A real time saver for sure and an inspiration to use both modstep and gadget more. With this and the recent updates to both MS and Gadget we have a real choice where to sequence out Gadgets. I prefer ModStep but that's arbitary, having the choice is the important thing. We all owe you a few hours of our time. Thank you.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Kaikoo2 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

See!

it got removed... :'(

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Kaikoo2 said:
    You too lazy Matt, few months ago should be done!

Thank @gonekrazy3000 , how to import if without iTunes, possible?

I actually used ifunbox64 to dump it directly into the sandboxed storage of the app. tested this on my ipad 3 and the templates are working perfectly.

Where do I put these in Funbox?

Do I need to make a folder prior or copy directly into funbox?

What is the label/title of the folder area I place these inside funbox? (sorry if you explained this already)

• @RustiK said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Kaikoo2 said:
    You too lazy Matt, few months ago should be done!

Thank @gonekrazy3000 , how to import if without iTunes, possible?

I actually used ifunbox64 to dump it directly into the sandboxed storage of the app. tested this on my ipad 3 and the templates are working perfectly.

Where do I put these in Funbox?

Do I need to make a folder prior or copy directly into funbox?

What is the label/title of the folder area I place these inside funbox? (sorry if you explained this already)

click on managing app data=>modstep=>open sandbox=>templates=>CCs

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Added 2 more templates. one for Animoog by ecamburn and one for Lorentz from Me. Look at first post for details. although you can see some pretty modulation here:-

Does Lorentz has default midi CC chart? I can't find it anywhere, and midi learn doesn't want to work today (certainly user mistake)

• @pierre said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    Added 2 more templates. one for Animoog by ecamburn and one for Lorentz from Me. Look at first post for details. although you can see some pretty modulation here:-

Does Lorentz has default midi CC chart? I can't find it anywhere, and midi learn doesn't want to work today (certainly user mistake)

I've included a cc map file for Lorentz in the zip file. Just check the included read me. It should tell you exactly where to place it. Placing that pretty much makes my Lorentz template plug and play.