Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro by Akai Professional & Retronyms OUT NOW (IAA/MIDI supported)

Comments

• just found it for myself a few weeks ago and im happy with this one :)

• @Trueyorky said:

I am running Tabletop on iPad Air and it is far from the app it was at first release - now it is slick, it looks amazing and I think it has so much to offer. Crashes - what crashes? I really like the flexibility of this app and I can't wait to add iMPC Pro to my table. Retronyms have been given so much bad press over the years: no MIDI - no AB, no AB - no MIDI, whatever. I have created towards 50 new ideas with a Tabletop in the last two months. Each to their own but I like it, a lot.

It does not crash anymore but it is far from perfect. I just run imini arp with a straight beat and it just would not sync to the main tempo despite being in sync setting. I'm glad it works for you. Last year I knocked together quite a lot of great song ideas on TT but then after they released imini it started crashing like there's no tomorrow. Then the last update fixed the crashing but it is still far from the solid machine you're talking about. Either you make a kind of music that doesn't touch the buggy areas or your device clocked better with tt, I don't know. Bottom line I'm not getting the app unless I hear some super tasty stuff and my will power cracks. Such is life.

• There se a retronyms survey to chose the next update and ´midi out´ is One of the choises ;-)

• @supadom I must be lucky then ;-)

• For the record, Tabletop continues to crash often on iPad 2. I'm a huge fan of Akai and Arturia and don't like that Retronyms gets to hold them hostage.

• edited July 2014

@ElGregoLoco said:

There se a retronyms survey to chose the next update and ´midi out´ is One of the choises ;-)

I would be more interested in Midi IN.

So,it's true?There's no way to external sync this very Pro Beatmachine app except via tabletop?Ridiculous though not very surprising thanks to retronyms.Such a shame they (and not tempo rubato)are working on a new arturia thing,so probably i have still have to support them once more...

• You're all on Apple devices and you complain about retronyms closed environment
    ;-b

• @ElGregoLoco said:

You're all on Apple devices and you complain about retronyms closed environment
    ;-b

Stab in the back in the waiting room. Blood all over audiobus walls.

• @ElGregoLoco said:

You're all on Apple devices and you complain about retronyms closed environment
    ;-b

We're all on the forum for an app that goes a long way towards opening up that environment...

• Good point... was just trolling a little i guess. I'm also an audiobus lover and i sure wish i could at least use impc pro as an AB input. But I also come from mpc hardware composing and i like Tabletop for some good sidechain crazyness you can produce, so I admit I.
    'm pretty excited by impc pro ;-)

• Screw it. I'm not waiting for it. Too late in Bucharest.
    Hopefully I'll enjoy it tomorrow with coffee.

I really hope it lives to the hype. I'm kind of fed up with all that stupid hype.

• edited July 2014

We are like sheep without a shepherd

We don't know how to be alone

So we wander 'round this desert

And wind up following the wrong gods home

But the flock cries out for another

And they keep answering that bell

And one more starry-eyed messiah

Meets a violent farewell-

Learn to be still I guess....while waiting patiently for the BM3 hype machine.

:)

• Can anyone tell me the final intro price in sale, i need to know if a need to buy another itunes card, please. Is the 12.99 us dlls or not.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Learn to be still I guess....while waiting patiently for the BM3 hype machine.

:)

And NanoStudio 2 :) Lots of great stuff yet to come

• For me it will be UVI Beathawk ;-)... And BM3.

• I reckon this app has delivered everything Retronyms promoted in the run-up. Nothing hidden or over-promised. If this isn't your thing, well there are always lots of shiny new things coming.

• @DarbyA

NanoStudio I'm scared to mention.

You know what they say: "It aint the despair that kills you, it's the hope...."

• @Aphex said:

Can anyone tell me the final intro price in sale, i need to know if a need to buy another itunes card, please. Is the 12.99 us dlls or not.

Yes. Take a look: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrpEmFXCAAM3D3l.jpg:large

• @thinds said:

I reckon this app has delivered everything Retronyms promoted in the run-up. Nothing hidden or over-promised. If this isn't your thing, well there are always lots of shiny new things coming.

There would be much less (eligible) rant about the lack of Midi if they wouldn't call this thing an Akai (i)MPC PRO,see?

• Just a marketing name, seen. Still a great product anyway imo.

• Yes, but for what i'm used to, most producers (in hip hop at least) use it as a standalone production center without midi connections for a long time now ...

• still I understand the frustration, and i also wish i could synchronise with the DAW... even if i can live without it and improve synch manually afterwards if needed

• @thinds said:

Just a marketing name, seen. Still a great product anyway imo.

...a marketing name that could have represented the famous classic much better with just a little more good will.But i agree that it still seems a nice product,not everybody needs full Midi and of course well worth the asking price.

• edited July 2014

Well, I'll certainly buy it for those measly 12 bucks, and have fun. Then, join in on the lack of midi sync thing. :) Just don't let it spiral into hating posts against developers/companies. That will only make sure to push devs away, instead or partaking in a discussion on this forum. And that'll solve nada.

• Agreed with the wise man here (@ChrisG :). My own teasing is more to with us getting all Christmas Morning about every new thingie. Understandable. And anyways, pretty cool to get Christmas so often at only 12 bucks a pop.

• @ElGregoLoco said:

Yes, but for what i'm used to, most producers (in hip hop at least) use it as a standalone production center without midi connections for a long time now ...

Do you have any sources or statistics to backup your proposition or is this just a feeling/guess?I'm coming from the electronic music scene and everybody i know with an MPC is using it as a controllcenter for external gear as well,most often for live purposes.I would give it a try for the same reason and it would also be cool to meet other people and sync up different equipment for a jam session.Well,with Midi at least.../rant off.

• @ChrisG said:

Just don't let it spiral into hating posts against developers/companies. That will only make sure to push devs away, instead or partaking in a discussion on this forum. And that'll solve nada.

I agree with the sentiment but ultimately these decisions must be based on sales. From what I've seen iMini tends to sell as well as iSEM and iMPC has always done extremely well. I don't foresee any discussion taking place anytime soon (hope that I'm wrong).

• And let's not forget Retronyms have provided some comprehensive videos prior to release and not many companies do that.

• Live in uk