Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video created with Imaginando VS - Visual Synthesizer

This video is made mostly by triggering VS layers with MIDI

Comments

• @branis said:

🔥

• Super dope visuals, definitely buying this and taking a dive soon. So many things I’ve been getting that I’m learning all while I was in the middle of making an ep… lol
    I also love the song.

• Nicely done!!!

• Super cool! Really makes the track more engaging.

• Excellent.
    1 question. - do you believe there is enough templates and oportunity for individual flair to make everyones videos unqiue?

• Beautiful track.

• Excellent job! Really shows off the MIDI aspect of the app. I just got the iPadOS app and will most likely get the desktop version too.

• Great track.

Love the visuals.

I’ve also liked and subscribed
    to the channel if you don’t mind.

• Very nice. This app is a game-changer for real. It will make accessible and popularize a new art form that will dominate youtube for some time to come.

How did you make the saturated lead sound? That was my favorite part.

• Really nice little track branis ... some really well polished sounds... good ears.

• 🔥🔥🔥

• @branis said:

This is amazing! Love it! :heart:

• That is the question…

@Toastedghost said:
    Excellent.
    1 question. - do you believe there is enough templates and oportunity for individual flair to make everyones videos unqiue?

• @Toastedghost said:
    Excellent.

+1 that is the question :)

• @Toastedghost said:
    Excellent.

So, I think there are many many ways to customise each template that will allow different takes on the same thing. Hopefully Imaginando will release new ones in the future. Knowing how responsive a developer they are, I have no doubts they will. It really is a unique and excellent piece of software.

• @ik2000 said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Excellent.

So, I think there are many many ways to customise each template that will allow different takes on the same thing. Hopefully Imaginando will release new ones in the future. Knowing how responsive a developer they are, I have no doubts they will. It really is a unique and excellent piece of software.

What I do not want is to see other people’s creations and instantly go “That was made with Visual Synth”.
    Though reading that the background layer can contain video opens up a shed of possibilities and as I am a visual artist. I do have Touch Viz which is brilliant but lacks proper intergration with AUM. Cheers buddy.

• Nice work, keeping it simple is often the key 👍👍

• edited June 2021

@ervin said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Excellent.

+1 that is the question :)

+another one.
    Good video, very cool 👏
    I haven’t purchased it but from what I can see this app generates flares and glowing elements, which is really cool but can soon become like a Windows Media Player background (boy, I’m old…😂).
    What I think could provide a lot more “uniqueness” is if it could use this tech to add effects and alter images or videos. That is, instead of generating elements, acting as an effect in sync with music.

• Great video 👍🏼

• Excellent Branis! Would you mind telling us more about your procedure? Eg. What way were you using the midi. Also, and most importantly, how did u get it full screen? Where u sending your midi into the standalone from an app like AUM?

• Thanks guys for the nice words. It was really fun making the video

@Toastedghost said:
    Excellent.

The templates are not fixed, there’s quite a bit of editable parameters, so yes, I think you can make it yours.

@Gravitas said:
    Great track.

Love the visuals.

I’ve also liked and subscribed
    to the channel if you don’t mind.

Thanks! Much appreciated :smile:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    How did you make the saturated lead sound? That was my favorite part.

That sound is DRC with the pre-gain pushed high

@Gavinski said:
    Excellent Branis! Would you mind telling us more about your procedure? Eg. What way were you using the midi. Also, and most importantly, how did u get it full screen? Where u sending your midi into the standalone from an app like AUM?

I made this track in AUM using LK as a sequencer and VS as an effect on the master channel.
    I sent midi from the drum, bass and three more synth tracks to VS.
    I set VS to full screen (it still had AUM window elements) and made a screen recording.
    Then I cropped the recording in Resolve on my PC (I guess I could’ve done the same thing in Luma Fusion if I had it) and replaced the audio track with a mastered version because I wanted to have the best possible audio.

Everything ran smoothly on my 10.2 2020 iPad. If I had CPU issues I would’ve removed some or all AUv3 from the project and made a screen recording without audio or with just one monitor track. The video would look the same anyway

• Quite a lot of work in the end.... Tnx for the breakdown

• Here is another one. Done in a similar way, using MIDI triggering:

• Very cool and love the track, reminiscent of Tangerine Dream

• Excellent work on the visuals as well as the audio! Both pieces! I don’t know how I missed this thread, but I’m glad I found it!

• thanks guys :smile:

• Nice piece there @branis . I’ve had this app about two weeks now but still struggling to get any audio synchronisation. Does it really work with audio or just MIDI? MIDI can trigger the visuals just fine - but there doesn’t seem to be any response from audio (I’m using Cubasis). Cheers, Mark.

• Thank you very much :)
    I works with audio too. You need to use the AMP for that. Set the threshold so that only the peaks exceeds it to get a rhythmic effect. E.g. in the default patch you can set AM1 to control the brightness. To see the effect, set the brightness to zero and remove the EG brightness modulation by setting it to zero too, then crank up the AM1 modulation to 1:

• @branis said:
    Here is another one. Done in a similar way, using MIDI triggering:

Dope track and love your artist name. 👊

• thank you @gusgranite 👊