Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Updated: FAC Drum, Hammerhead rhythm station or DigiStix 2

edited June 2021 in General App Discussion

Both app sound great. Only one can fit in this month app budget. And since i have a feeling next month will be TB synth vs SynthMaster 2.

Which one did or will you choose and why?

Edit: their is another drum app joining the pack. DigiStix 2 By 4 pockets.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2021

Honestly one one month the other the next

• @gusgranite said:

Not a option Since next month will probably be TB synth or SynthMaster 2.

• @ehehehe said:
    Depends on what you need. Hammerhead for fast sequences and 90s groovebox sounds, DrumKit for amazingly flexible sound sculpting. Not very similar really.

This.

• Hammerhead for the fun and flavorful sequencer, FAC for finer control over sound design.

• @ecou said:

@gusgranite said:

Not a option Since next month will probably be TB synth or SynthMaster 2.

Looking forward to getting both of those synths.

• I bought both, and not because I’m rolling in dough; far from it. These are two drum apps that are must haves for me! Between these, and the Lumbeat drummers, I think I finally have enough drum apps

• Drum Lab came out this month too.

Pros:
    Sequencer with song mode
    Wild & extensive FX section
    Cheap

Cons:
    it isn’t AUv3
    doesn’t allow sample importing

• Totally different, I wouldn't even compare them, include SB DrumComputer in that. They all bring their own thing to the table.

• FAC Drumkit = percussion sound design
    Hammerhead = sequenced fun

Because you said next month's quota is going towards TB Polyphony or SM2, I'd say go for Hammerhead - you'll soon enough have your hands full with 'sound design' apps. Hammerhead will strike a good balance with deeper apps like TB and SM2.

• FAC Drum for sound design -- no built in sequencer but it has 16 sounds per "kit"

Hammer Head -- built in sequencer, fast as hell to change up sounds and patterns and probability etc sample playback

You know what… just go and watch @thesoundtestroom video on hammerhead and if it doesn't grab you by the b*lls buy FAC and tweak away

• FAC is more my thing for drums. Envelope shaping is sooooperb.
    But... after seeing some vids and playing with it I'm thinking Hammerhead could be awesome even just as a loop player.

So, skip lunch, buy both ;-)

• If HH came out earlier I wouldn’t have bought FAC, still not convinced if I should keep it... sound wise I like both, just not sure if I will ever reach for FAC - imo too much of usability was sacrificed for design, resulting least intuitive drum UI

• edited June 2021

If you bought fac plus a euclidean sequencer then you would end up needing good midi or be happy with programming. With hammer you can gain whats similar to a euclidean drummer who uses midi but probably better to the listener because the app is designed from guidence so can incoperate better timing when all the effects are added. Plus I think you would work with audio more/create more samples of synth tweaking. Buy both. Reason? Well with gaining good rythums you might need a controller. Which means you would be sampling anyway because it would be a billion controls. Id buy Fac if the sounds are better for sampling than sb drum, should I think control of sequence is better than sound shaping. What does this mean for you at the mo? Well you can gain a drum machine thats a synthesiser and sequence how you think, plus another that seems to me like a mad rythum machine. The bonus to not sampling for the sake of sequencing is still be able to shape sound more than samples, on both apps vs sampling.

• are you very precise about how your drums should sound and want greater control over how your sound is shaped? if yes — use fac drumkit.
    if you just want a great and easy and fun drum machine with nice sounds and a sequencer go with hammerhead

• What Hammerhead also has: You can tweak the start and endpoints per trigger, so its acting kinda sample slicer.

• Create your masterpiece in fac.
    Import into Hammerhead & make it awesome

• Both?

• I have both and i feel like I’ll be spending more time in hammerhead since it has fast results, a great sequencer, sample import, drum synth amazing effects , song mode and is an all in one app for drums. I don’t get a lot of time to make music so i can get complex beats going fast.
    Fac is great but needs external sequencing, and takes time and dedication to create sounds i want. Def will be spending time in it but def focusing on hammerhead primarily for now

• @audiblevideo said:
    FAC Drum for sound design -- no built in sequencer but it has 16 sounds per "kit"

Hammer Head -- built in sequencer, fast as hell to change up sounds and patterns and probability etc sample playback

You know what… just go and watch @thesoundtestroom video on hammerhead and if it doesn't grab you by the b*lls buy FAC and tweak away

Thought I hadn't seen any Sound Test Room videos on here lately. Doesn't he bother with the Audiobus forum any more?

• FAC Drumkit last week
    Hammerhead this week

• I was just designing drum sounds in FAC for use in Hammerhead, so there’s a place and a purpose for both!

• @gsm909 said:
    FAC Drumkit last week
    Hammerhead this week

Last week I had to adult and buy new dryer 👴🏻

• @reasOne said:
    I have both and i feel like I’ll be spending more time in hammerhead since it has fast results, a great sequencer, sample import, drum synth amazing effects , song mode and is an all in one app for drums. I don’t get a lot of time to make music so i can get complex beats going fast.
    Fac is great but needs external sequencing, and takes time and dedication to create sounds i want. Def will be spending time in it but def focusing on hammerhead primarily for now

@reasOne said:
    I have both and i feel like I’ll be spending more time in hammerhead since it has fast results, a great sequencer, sample import, drum synth amazing effects , song mode and is an all in one app for drums. I don’t get a lot of time to make music so i can get complex beats going fast.

that´ss the point.

Fac is a great drum machine but it makes no sense not to have a sequencer

• edited June 2021

@gsm909 said:
    FAC Drumkit last week
    Hammerhead this week

And DrumLab the week before....

This sums up the iOS music community's "instabuy" mentality in a nutshell :-)

• @ecou said:

@gsm909 said:
    FAC Drumkit last week
    Hammerhead this week

Last week I had to adult and buy new dryer 👴🏻

Condolences, life happens. But sample that dryer’s noises and make a slamming track!

• @pmartini said:

Agree.
    Can hanmmer head output midi?. Act just as sequencer?

• edited June 2021

@tahiche said:

@pmartini said:

Agree.
    Can hanmmer head output midi?. Act just as sequencer?

Yes, unless you’re asking if it has a MIDI-only AUv3 version. Keep in mind that velocity is the only automation layer that has any effect on the MIDI output.

• @pmartini said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

that´ss the point.

Ya i dont Really understand a drum machine without sequencing, i get there is a lot of sequencer options but i just feel like it should be baked in . Still fac is really nice and I’ll use it a lot when i have the time, I’m just so rushed for music making these days