Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The best looper for IAA apps

2»

Comments

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Play sequence twice, loop the second set bars (so record 8 bars, loop last 4 etc) so you get the beginning and end of the tail. Perfect loop every time in any looper.

Honestly what would I do without you guys?? That's brilliant

• @GeorgeL909 said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    Play sequence twice, loop the second set bars (so record 8 bars, loop last 4 etc) so you get the beginning and end of the tail. Perfect loop every time in any looper.

I'm too stupid to understand this.
    But then, I never was a loop user so maybe just am missing an example 😅

• @tja said:

@GeorgeL909 said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

So say you want to loop 2 bars (2 measures/32 notes on a 16 note grid/sequence), you'll record 4 bars and just loop the last 2 bars. This way you don't cut off the tail, which would make the sound/reverb/tail end abruptly. Works great in AUM, especially if you want to export to Cubasis or another DAW. Then you don't have to worry about clipping (usually) or sounds abruptly ending.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

For some situations, the tail's reverb being baked into the loop's beginning will sound strange when the loop starts playing.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

For some situations, the tail's reverb being baked into the loop's beginning will sound strange when the loop starts playing.

Then you have the beginning and end if you record twice the bars. You can chop it and sequence it accordingly.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@tja said:

@GeorgeL909 said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

So say you want to loop 2 bars (2 measures/32 notes on a 16 note grid/sequence), you'll record 4 bars and just loop the last 2 bars. This way you don't cut off the tail, which would make the sound/reverb/tail end abruptly. Works great in AUM, especially if you want to export to Cubasis or another DAW. Then you don't have to worry about clipping (usually) or sounds abruptly ending.

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@tja said:

@GeorgeL909 said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Ah, many thanks!

• @GeorgeL909 said:
    I'm kinda new to loopers, but is there one that I can also link the loops together to play in order, like a song mode. Something similar to a gr-16 song mode, or even a chain mode like on elektrons or drambo?

I'm attracted to loopy cause it can do odd signatures, but I'm wondering if it's just live trigger and record or if I can have it autoplay loops in a specified order to build a full track.

I could probably do it in cubasis, but I'm wondering if there's a more fun way...

Thanks ahead, you guys are always on point with your suggestions

Cubasis only recognizes 4/4.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@GeorgeL909 said:
    I'm kinda new to loopers, but is there one that I can also link the loops together to play in order, like a song mode. Something similar to a gr-16 song mode, or even a chain mode like on elektrons or drambo?

I'm attracted to loopy cause it can do odd signatures, but I'm wondering if it's just live trigger and record or if I can have it autoplay loops in a specified order to build a full track.

I could probably do it in cubasis, but I'm wondering if there's a more fun way...

Thanks ahead, you guys are always on point with your suggestions

Cubasis only recognizes 4/4.

Eh? Cubasis 2 can be set to 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, and 7/4.