Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

All Nembrini Amps on Sale Right Now

On Mother’s Day. Top-tier moral dilemma.

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    On Mother’s Day. Top-tier moral dilemma.

🎖️

• Haha damn alternate american holidays. Had to go to google for a swift panic evasion.

• edited May 2021

Buy the amp and use it to write a song for Mom.

• Or buy several amps and write several songs.

• Anyone with Blackice used it on Troublemaker or Pure Acid? I'm thinking about getting it while its on sale for my TD-3, but there aren't any synth demos, much less acid demos. Just hoping it'll give some nice thump and punch to the low mids.

• For those still thinking about investing in Nembrini amps, this is my personal ranking from most favorite to least favorite (or best to worst, or must-have to could pass on). This is regardless of genre, as I’m ranking these based on overall tonal and timbral awesomeness. This is also regardless of pickup types (pairing pickups with amps is more about adjusting tonestack EQ anyway, not to mention pickup output can vary widely).

For guitar (ranked best to worst):

Voice DC30 (Vox) must have
    BST100 (Soldano) must have
    Cali Reverb (Mesa Boogie) must have
    MRH810 (Marshall) must have
    8180 (Peavey) could pass
    Soundmaster (Fender) could pass
    Cali Dual (Mesa Boogie) No

The other must-haves (in no particular order):
    Delay3000
    Blackice
    PSA1000
    The Boss
    Fuzz
    Clon Minotaur
    Shimmer Delay

Yes I own their entire App Store. The free stuff should be tried by everyone and is also mostly good. Cheers!

• @aleyas
    I made a demo for you, Troublemaker showing the NA BIBG presets.

• edited May 2021

When I finally broke down and bought the Soundmaster, I was disappointed. Got black ice this morning and I like it

The Soldano marked a new era in iOS guitar modeling. Still great. Vox is great.

• edited May 2021

@JoyceRoadStudios, I 100% agree with you 👍🏻. Just, I would place the BST at the 1st place, alongside the Voice DC30 😉

I should have stop at the MHR810 (which I really like too)...
    I regret my purchase of the 8180 and definitely never use the SoundMaster. Also, I've never been interested in adding the Cali Dual.
    About the FX, only the delay sometimes "finds it's " on my tracks.

• @JoyceRoadStudios i don’t have all, I wish. But surely my favorites are Black Ice and PSA 1000, on synths, drums that is. Can’t give any opinion on guitar.

• @Frank303 nice demo, thanks for that.

• edited May 2021

@Frank303 said:
    @aleyas
    I made a demo for you, Troublemaker showing the NA BIBG presets.

Thanks man! Really appreciate it. At the moment I'm using Mammoth on my 303 sounds, and I'm pretty satisfied. The tones I was hearing from your demo seem like they'd pretty achievable with Mammoth. I suppose when it comes to synths, tonal differences on these amps sims don't make as big a difference as they would on real guitars with different pickups, cabs etc.

Thanks again!

• edited May 2021

@aleyas yeah I can imagine they don’t make too much of a difference. I ain’t got Mammoth so I can’t compare unfortunately, perhaps someone else can chime in! I really like what the Black Ice does to sound, but there’s a few others that do, to my ears (not really) similar things, like Beef. I am far from being a professional audio engineer too, so I can just show :smile: happy you appreciate

• edited May 2021

@Gratouilli said:
    @JoyceRoadStudios, I 100% agree with you 👍🏻. Just, I would place the BST at the 1st place, alongside the Voice DC30 😉

I should have stop at the MHR810 (which I really like too)...
    I regret my purchase of the 8180 and definitely never use the SoundMaster. Also, I've never been interested in adding the Cali Dual.
    About the FX, only the delay sometimes "finds it's " on my tracks.

Believe me, I flip flopped 1st place for a while, wanted to rank BST100 1st and had every reason to. It gets my favorite clean sound which is a certain cold moody sound with a perfectly balanced soft thud. And with low to medium gain there’s something that happens in the upper-mids that’s just remarkable. This amp just pulsates with organic life! But I ranked Voice DC30 1st for a specific reason, and it’s the vib-trem circuit and the reverb circuit. It makes it more feature rich for me than the BST, and the vib-trem actually has a chorus circuit mixed in underneath, it is a truly unique viola echo like crying sound that I’m addicted to. Also the way each channel on this amp achieves overdriven saturation without any gain knob is remarkable.

In general I find Nembrini’s reverb circuit implementation (Voice DC30, Cali Reverb, MRH810) to be superb.

• edited May 2021

Soundmaster is not a bad amp, but I haven't found a sweet spot I love...for Fenderish clean tones, I gravitate to the Cali Reverb which (and this is true of a lot of real world Mesas) have a lot of the Fender DNA that launched them in the first place.

• edited May 2021

@espiegel123 said:
    Soundmaster is not a bad amp, but I haven't found a sweet spot I love...for Fenderish clean tones, gravitate to the Cali Reverb which (and this is true of a lot of real world Mesas) have a lot of the Fender DNA that launched them in the first place.

Yup, Cali Reverb can get a perfect kind of scooped Fender cleanish tone. The “crystal clean rev” preset sounds like perfect rockabilly fender to me.

The Soundmaster is really a modern 90s rock type fender, and indeed it’s known as a 100 watt rock monster. I find it to be quite thuddy, rowdy, and unpredictable, certainly usable, just hard to tame. Funny enough I prefer the clean sounds of the 8180 which is why I ranked it above soundmaster.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    ...with low to medium gain there’s something that happens in the upper-mids that’s just remarkable. This amp just pulsates with organic life!

That's exactly what make me like the BST100 so much 👍🏻 !
    Also, that's what helps to cut through the mix so well with this amp sim.

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    Funny enough I prefer the clean sounds of the 8180

My case too 😂

In fact, I could certainly live with just the BST100 to dial every sound I need... but I'm happy to sometimes switch to the Cali for clean or high gain, to the DC30 for crunch, and to the MHR for "more crunch".

• wimwim
    edited May 2021

Sound Master is my soul mate. <3
    Seriously. I have a crush on that thing.

I'm not surprised that it's not others' favorite, but for me it's the (software) amp I've been searching for for more than twenty years. I will admit that my first impression wasn't so glowing. It took a night or two before I truly fell for it.

I could be happy with DC-30 for the rest of my life too if I had to.

I don't know what I'm going to do with all that time I used to spend hunting for tone now. Practice, I guess? What do guitarists do when they're not obsessing about tone? I feel so lost.

• Try the 8180 Lead channel on bass synth. The resonance knob lets you dial in the low end as you please.

• @wim said:

I'm not surprised that it's not others' favorite, but for me it's the (software) amp I've been searching for for more than twenty years. I will admit that my first impression wasn't so glowing. It took a night or two before I truly fell for it.

I don't know what I'm going to do with all that time I used to spend hunting for tone now. Practice, I guess? What do guitarists do when they're not obsessing about tone? I feel so lost.

I like the sound master too. To get those glassy clean tones. I need a strat now!

• wimwim
    edited May 2021

@ecou said:

@wim said:

I like the sound master too. To get those glassy clean tones. I need a strat now!

If I wan't glassy clean I tend to go for something else. The Sound Master can clean up when you back off the guitar volume, which is something I like a lot, but I haven't tried for those glassy cleans, which I don't use a lot anyway. I'll have to explore that a bit. I does have a Strat, so that helps a lot.

What I love about this amp is the responsiveness. I totally forgot how sloppy my playing had gotten with all the squishy amp sims over the years. My playing sounded like crap! :D Now I'm actually remembering how to express myself again.

• $45.... hmmm

• @ecou said:

I don't know how you can get glassy tones with the Sound Master 🤔. The Cali is my absolute go to for this.

• I also love the soundmaster. I’m using it mainly for a slightly dirty bluesy tone.

• @FriedTapeworm said:
    I also love the soundmaster. I’m using it mainly for a slightly dirty bluesy tone.

Yep. I find it sort of dark and scooped in a good way. Love the Cali, too, for more “traditional” sound.
    Just purchased BST100 and BlakIce. I’m glad I can now use VC30, BST100 and others in Zenbeats after they fixed the mono/stereo issue.

• Does anyone have experience with the VST versions of these?

I love Delay3000 so much I think I'll buy it for my laptop. I'm not experienced with iLok, is it a pain to use?

• I've been getting a tone I really like lately with PSA1000jr into Thafknar -- can people who know more about software guitar tones comment on whether there is there any advantage over this of running one of the amp modellers? Very happy with the sound I have right now already.

• @OscarSouth said:
    I've been getting a tone I really like lately with PSA1000jr into Thafknar -- can people who know more about software guitar tones comment on whether there is there any advantage over this of running one of the amp modellers? Very happy with the sound I have right now already.

I run PSA1000 into BST. Actually any new amp they come out with I put the PSA first. Then into Thafknar. I don’t “know about software” tones but just that PSA is a model of a pre amp. A lot of people use it for DI bass sounds. Don’t see why you can’t do it this way for guitar too, but I would leave you with this - if you like the tone, who cares what other people think?

• @drewinnit said:
    Does anyone have experience with the VST versions of these?

I love Delay3000 so much I think I'll buy it for my laptop. I'm not experienced with iLok, is it a pain to use?

iLok can be a bit confusing at first but it works well, IME. Remember to deauthorize any device you plan to sell or reformat.

• edited May 2021

@mjcouche said:

@OscarSouth said:
    I've been getting a tone I really like lately with PSA1000jr into Thafknar -- can people who know more about software guitar tones comment on whether there is there any advantage over this of running one of the amp modellers? Very happy with the sound I have right now already.

I run PSA1000 into BST. Actually any new amp they come out with I put the PSA first. Then into Thafknar. I don’t “know about software” tones but just that PSA is a model of a pre amp. A lot of people use it for DI bass sounds. Don’t see why you can’t do it this way for guitar too, but I would leave you with this - if you like the tone, who cares what other people think?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking really, plus I don't really want to spend any money. If I can get a even better sound though -- that's another story and a matter of principle ;)

Thank you for your input.