Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a (lightweight) Multi FX AUV3 for Scatterbrain

Hello everyone,

I purchased Scatterbrain today and right now I am looking for a Multi FX AUV3.

I would prefer a more lightweight auv3 when it comes to cpu (ipad 2018).

At first I was thinking buying virsyns multifx thingy but after watching some Modley demos from Klevgrand I am not sure if I would go for the latter one (but I think that the klevgrand auv3 could become a cpu hog if I would use it on three different channels).

What would you guys recommend? Any experiences regarding cpu vs sound?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Comments

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

Trying to compare performance between apps on iOS is futile unless there are very, very obvious CPU hogs. Except for convolution reverbs, you're just not going to see a lot of variation, and that's impossible (yes I said impossible) to measure reliably.

The Virsyn multi-fx is handy bread and butter all-in-one. Good enough to me unless you're going for specialized stuff like FAC Chorus, shimmer reverbs, etc. etc.etc.

Turnado is great for the broadest range of FX and wildness available, at the cost of intimidation of way too many options.

You're only going to get subjective opinions on CPU efficiency. Take them all with a huge grain of salt.

• WTKWTK
    edited February 2020

I know what you mean. But I think that if you have some modular environment like the the klevgrand stuff within a feedback loop that this one could maybe become pretty cpu insensitive. Multiply this with 3 and I am guessing that it would become a huge cpu hog.

• I tried chaining up some single stuff today within AUM and I got spikes within the 30/40 dsp consumption today (multiple audio out like JAX filter +eventide ultra tap or blamsoft filter on each channel and eventide ultra taps) so I was hoping to gain some dsp power in using a single multi dsp fx on each channel.

• @wim said:
    Turnado is great for the broadest range of FX and wildness available, at the cost of intimidation of way too many options.

I scratched my head with Turnado for a long time, and didn’t really dig deep, but after deciding to spend a couple of hours ploughing through the (very helpful) manual, esp to understand each effect (which is not always obvious with Sugar Bytes)l and the modulation options, the mist started to clear and I’ve got a lot more useful results from it ever since.