Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sampletank On Sale

Get it now. Will be AB compatible soon. Hands down, best overall sounds.

Comments

• It was free when i got it. Are the instruments on sale?

• edited March 2013

@Ryan 136 sounds come with purchase. Expandable to over 400 with IAP. Not sure about IAP sale.
    Update: Sampletank free only includes 23 instruments. Complete sound pack $23.99. Or you can purchase specific instrument packs from $2.99 up. Sampletank free can be upgraded for 11.99 to get 136 instruments. Full sound pack is well worth it. ST also comes with over 1000 patterns and a 4 track recorder.

• Sampletank is nuts..not only does it have amazing sounds and drums kits and a zillion arpeggios and drum patterns, you can load up 4 instruments and layer 1, 2, 3 or 4 together..get all the packs..a little pricey but well worth it..its big at 1 GB..BUT Once this gets on AB Its gonna be a game changer in terms of available sounds..

• Nice, after AB I'll have a closer look (listen). But for now, I think with the 1gb size and the classic ik over advertising that'll pass for a while longer. :-)

• What are the best sounds in the Complete Sound Pack? I just bought the standard paid version in the sale.

• @Michael One reason I like ST so much is they didn't skimp on the quality in the sound packs. In many cases in sound packs you get some useful sounds and the rest are thrown in to fill the bill. ST sound packs are the most complete that I've experienced as far as quality.

• The 1gb size definitely puts this on my maybe-someday-when-I-get-a-megaPad list. That is just too much room for my humble 16gb iPad 2. What aggravates me the most about apps like this is that you are forced to download the whole content even when you are not allowed access to it via IAP. The free version with only 23 sounds is 805 mb, which is the same size (805mb) as the 123 sound paid app. I wouldn't mind having the brass and woodwinds, but I really don't want synth sounds taking up valuable space. I already have a lot of synths and I like to roll my own sounds.

• edited March 2013

How's it stack against BS-16i ?

• I would rate ST a step above BS-16i. ST really has great samples, and their feature list and variety excels. The 1000 patterns and arpeggios are really useful if you use them. Of course the 4 track recorder will be a none issue when AB support comes. As soundtestroom mentioned its great for layering sounds though.

• I too have the same storage problems, my iPad2 is 16 GB, so now I have decided to sacrifice quantity for quality..I got rid of a lot of stuff I wasn't using much, I mean its still up there if I want it for the odd thing..I did find that in doing this it made me slightly more productive in the fact that I now have less choice..so it has streamlined my workflow..Heres the list

Auddiobus
    Cubasis
    iKaossilator
    iElectribe
    iPolysix
    iMS20
    Chordbot
    Sunrizer
    Magellen
    Addictive
    Cloud DJ
    Wavemapper
    Wavegenerator
    Grainbender
    Nlog Pro
    Samplr
    Guitarism
    Echopad
    Orphion
    Loopy HD
    Animoog
    Figure
    Glitchbreaks
    Jamup
    iFretless
    Stompbox
    Drums by Asrodot
    Live FX
    Audioshare
    Minisynth2
    Chordion
    Music Studio
    Drumjam

Thats all the actual AB Compatible app..here are the few non AB apps but most have ACP

Sampletank
    Alchemy.....1.5 gig..but worth it..
    Vio
    4 instant drummer packs
    Drum Loops HD
    Protein DK
    Launchpad
    Samplewiz
    Geo Synth
    WEJAAM
    and a few non music related apps
    Stored my music somewhere else..So I still have 3.5 gig free, I never keep finished tracks on the iPad ..

• I hear ya @thesoundtestroom . But the apps I don't use don't take up much room. I never use GrainBender; deleting it will get me back 5mb. If I delete the ten least used apps it would get me less than 150mb. I've been eyeing the huge block of space Drum Loops HD takes up and decided to move the loops I want to AudioShare. Then I can delete that app and get back 300-400mb.

"Finished tracks"..... what are those? ;-)

• Just watched some SampleTank demos on YouTube. Wow. Sounds great.

What's the best way to integrate SampleTank into a BM2 workflow? Simply record in ST with BM2 loop running in background audio mode, and then ACP? Or can you get the samples out of ST and into BM2 for pad loading?

• @MrNezumi I know all the best apps are huge..I have been looking at Drum Loops HD too, that sounds like a very good idea to drop some the loops into Audioshare and delete Drum Loops HD. i got a load of space back deleting GB again because I know I'm just mot gonna use it..in fact the DAW I keep using now is Cubasis..
    So BM2 went aswell..but I wasn't using that either.

• I read a rumor that the iPad 5 is going to offer a 128GB "Enterprise" version for the corporate warrior set. Bet they sell more to musos. I'll probably wait till the 6 comes out and the price drops on the 5 before I upgrade this 64GB 3.

• Ahhh 64 gig...bliss.

• Apps expand to fill whatever space available. I still have to do monthly offloads.

• My 64GB Mini is doing just fine right now :D
    My 64GB iPad 2 is pretty well full, but that's my photo editing one so its got tons of hi-res images and videos on it.

Back OT... @mgmg4871 said above that the SampleTank complete sound pack can be purchased for $23.99 but on their website is says $39.99. What gives? I can swallow $24 for the whole kit, but not sure I want to drop $40.

• edited March 2013

@TedBPhx

The 128GB iPad is already available (4th gen.)

• @busker whoa!
    Maybe I'll just wait for the 5 and get a discounted 4

• @Jesse_ohio Looks like they haven't updated their website. It's the cheaper price in the store within the app.

• @Michael_R_Grant ahh okay, cool. So just to be clear, the "All Sounds" Pack from within the $11.99 paid version of SampleTank is currently $23.99?

• @mgmg4871 Just been comparing the free sounds of Sampletank with BS-16i and there is no doubt Sampletank has serious quality to the sounds.

I'm going to stop checking this forum as the app lust is unbearable at times!

• This forum is expensive, Sample Tank is downloading now.

• @Michael you're correct.

• @TedBPhx I blame mgmg4871 for me just spending £7.99 and probably another £16.99 in a bit after a few beers....shame on you mgmg4871...!

• Ugh, here I go again buying more music apps. I suppose it could be worse, like a modular hardware synth addiction.

• I wonder if anyone here hasn't spent money due to something @mgmg4871 said? lol You should get a bonus cheque from the dev community.

• @Context yes it's a harmless addiction to a degree...

Now I've upgraded the free app, anyone know how I get rid of the big red ribbon on the icon that says 'Free' ?

• Oh man... me too! I downloaded the free version to see what I thought of the sounds and they are simply fantastic. No way I can resist now... Test ACP to BM2 and it worked fine, so I should be able to put them to use.

Oh and I found the current, accurate sale info on the IKM site:

"K Multimedia is proud to offer mobile users a special sale on SampleTank for iOS and the In-App purchases for a limited time. From March 28th, 2013 to April 11th, 2013 you can get SampleTank for iOS for only $11.99/ €10.99 (normally $19.99/ €17.99) on the App Store, and the All Sounds pack for only $23.99/ €21.49 (normally $39.99/ €35.99) through in-app purchase. If you're just looking to expand your existing SampleTank app you can get 40% off individual sound packs through in-app purchase as well."

So in summary:

• Free version = 23 instruments
    • Free version IAP for $11.99 Full version = 136 instruments (but you still have the "Free" icon on the app)
    • Full version from App store, $11.99 = 136 instruments
    • Full version OR free version + $23.99 IAP = All Sounds Pack (392 sounds, but the $11.99 Full version instruments are NOT in this one)

So $11.99 + $23.99 = $35.98 for 528 sounds/instruments.

• @DaveMagoo ack, I think you're stuck with that "Free" logo. If you had bought the Full version from the App Store (and re-downloaded the ~1GB of content) it would have been the regular icon, but since you did an IAP to upgrade to the full version you're stuck wit hthe Free logo.