Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VADrumSM

By Ryo Togawa. Just saw this mentioned in @jakoB_haQ’s latest video. Does anyone own this app or has any experience with it?

Comments

• Link? @Philandering_Bastard

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    By Ryo Togawa. Just saw this mentioned in @jakoB_haQ’s latest video. Does anyone own this app or has any experience with it?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Link? @Philandering_Bastard

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/vadrumsm/id1474193057

• Hang on - what? How did I miss this?

• @cian said:
    Hang on - what? How did I miss this?

Have been keeping an eye on this, also. I was kinda waiting to see what Drambo brought to the table.

• @cian said:
    Hang on - what? How did I miss this?

I know, right? Zero results on YouTube. In theory it should be formidable. AUv3, 21 VA drum engines (Waldorf Attack has 24), XY Pads, Ableton link...

And yet, crickets. Strange.

• ALBALB
    edited January 2020

Looks capable, but it’s 20USD. What does it have that other drum machines don’t? Just wondering...

• @ALB said:
    Looks capable, but it’s 20USD. What does it have that other drum machines don’t? Just wondering...

Hence my question. Same price as Waldorf Attack, both VA. I was wondering if anyone except @jakoB_haQ has had a chance to test it.

• edited January 2020

There was a brief thread on this previously but it sank quickly because of the price x lack of info combination.

I don’t think it was apparent that a sequencer was included at the launch.

• @Proppa said:
    There was a brief thread on this previously but it sank quickly because of the price x lack of info combination.

I don’t think it was apparent that a sequencer was included at the launch.

Would it be prudent to inform developers that there is a captive audience of compulsory app buyers ready to be brutally taken advantage of?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Would it be prudent to inform developers that there is a captive audience of compulsory app buyers ready to be brutally taken advantage of?

Absolutely.

Quite possibly a learning curve for the developer but to open with this price and obscure the abilities of the app itself Seems like a guaranteed DOA Release technique. As a Huge v. drum machine enthusiast I Want VADrumSM to be awesome but Show Me what the sound engine is capable of (so far pleasant yet common 808/909 emulations) .. give me a reason to take a $20 chance or pivot the approach and sell 3x as many at 1/2 the price (and so on).

• Right - either sell it cheap and I'll take a risk, or promote the bloody thing properly.

$20 is a bit steep for something that I literally know nothing about.

• @Proppa said:

Absolutely.

Quite possibly a learning curve for the developer but to open with this price and obscure the abilities of the app itself Seems like a guaranteed DOA Release technique. As a Huge v. drum machine enthusiast I Want VADrumSM to be awesome but Show Me what the sound engine is capable of (so far pleasant yet common 808/909 emulations) .. give me a reason to take a $20 chance or pivot the approach and sell 3x as many at 1/2 the price (and so on).

1000%.

• It looks interring but there’s not really much incentive to splash out on it at the moment. Despite buying nearly all drums apps out there I still end up using Ruismaker. Seekbeats would be great if it was AU.

• Trying to access midi...button won't do anything

• Well looks like the dev is listening, it’s down to $9.99 now.

The feature list states AUv3, AUv3 multi-out (which previously only EG Pulse had), AudioBus, etc...

Mmmm...

• Sounds really good. its a 909. but that midi button...anyone? can't access midi settings

• edited April 2020

Bought it, it sounds good, Ruismaker is better and more flexible.

The only thing that could be said of it that’s unique — truly unique — is that it has an unusual interface— which is sorta OK.

The sound of the hi hat drives me nuts however — seems needlessly harsh.

I’d pass unless I had money burning a hole in my pocket

——-

In fact, I did not realize how much I liked Ruismaker until I bought a few of these other drum apps – – especially the generator apps vs sequencers

• i’m just going to use poly 2 for drums forever

• I bought this app today and find it globally cool...but I have two concerns :

• The AU instance sounds buggy on my IPad pro. I can hear a kind of echo or double note when playing on the pads (or sequencing via another app). This is hugely disturbing and makes the AU app useless
    • The standalone version is very cool and I love to be able to use AUv3 fx on each channel. The problem is that it seems to be not possible to save the configuration with the AU. So each time you reload your project, the AU have disappeared...and this is bad, this is very bad (the idea is that you prepare a whole project with multi-AUs on the standalone version and then, at a later stage, you load the standalone version in AUM (IAA) and then you recover your projects....but it doesn’t work)

Are you facing the same problems and do you know how to contact the dev?

• _ki_ki
    edited April 2020

@cuscolima The demo video and description is a bit unclear

• Is the AUMs multi output feature supported for the VADrumSM AUv3 (how many outputs does it provide in AUM ?)
    • or can the standalone version load multi input/output AUv3’s ?
    • or even both ?
  • @_ki said:
    @cuscolima The demo video and description is a bit unclear

• Is the AUMs multi output feature supported for the VADrumSM AUv3 (how many outputs does it provide in AUM ?)
    • or can the standalone version load multi input/output AUv3’s ?
    • or even both ?

Yes, Multi out is supported for AUv3. You can have up to 16 channels in AUM
    Yes, the stand-alone version (or IAA) can load multi-output AUv3 fx (scatterbrain for example)
    So yes, it is a very interesting app but read my comment above for the "concerns"

• Today’s release has solved my first issue. In addition, the dev has told me that the « saving mixer and plugin setting » issue will be solved on the next release. Great support and very cool app.