Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blackhole Reverb not Working in Auria Pro as Effects Send...

I load Blackhole reverb as a master effect as AU and it locks up Auria. Once it loads, it doesn’t open up when you press the edit button. Can someone please test?
It does work as IAA and also as an insert effect.

Comments

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I load Blackhole reverb as a master effect as AU and it locks up Auria. Once it loads, it doesn’t open up when you press the edit button. Can someone please test?
    It does work as IAA and also as an insert effect.

I think there is some funkiness with AU master inserts. Please report your particular case to the Auria folks. They are working on an update.

• Thanks, thought it was an Eventide issue.

• As @espiegel123 mentioned there’s an issue with AU effects loaded in the master Aux at the moment (it is expected to be fixed in the upcoming update).
    As a workaround, just add a regular audio track and and set its input as Aux 1 (or any other Aux). Finally, load the effect plugin on this track. This way you can use the sends as normal, except that the effect will be loaded on this new track instead of the master bus.
    Hope this helps.

• It's best to use a channel for your AUX effects rather than the slots on the Master Channel - the slots on the Master Channel add additional latency as well as all the other issues they currently have.

Just a create a new stereo channel, and set its input to AUX 1 (or AUX2 or whatever) and then add your plugins on to that channel. As a bonus you can now have 4 plugins on each send rather than just the one, really useful if you want to add a filter before your reverb etc...

• Thanks for the great ideas guys!❤️😌🙏☝️

@Rodolfo said:
    As @espiegel123 mentioned there’s an issue with AU effects loaded in the master Aux at the moment (it is expected to be fixed in the upcoming update).
    As a workaround, just add a regular audio track and and set its input as Aux 1 (or any other Aux). Finally, load the effect plugin on this track. This way you can use the sends as normal, except that the effect will be loaded on this new track instead of the master bus.
    Hope this helps.

@richardyot said:
    It's best to use a channel for your AUX effects rather than the slots on the Master Channel - the slots on the Master Channel add additional latency as well as all the other issues they currently have.

Just a create a new stereo channel, and set its input to AUX 1 (or AUX2 or whatever) and then add your plugins on to that channel. As a bonus you can now have 4 plugins on each send rather than just the one, really useful if you want to add a filter before your reverb etc...

• Question: how do i set it up where i can control the amount of dry signal being sent to the audio track serving as the effects aux. i set the midi channel 1 output to Bus 1 which is the audio track hosting the reverb.

@Rodolfo said:
    As @espiegel123 mentioned there’s an issue with AU effects loaded in the master Aux at the moment (it is expected to be fixed in the upcoming update).
    Hope this helps.

@richardyot said:
    It's best to use a channel for your AUX effects rather than the slots on the Master Channel - the slots on the Master Channel add additional latency as well as all the other issues they currently have.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Question: how do i set it up where i can control the amount of dry signal being sent to the audio track serving as the effects aux. i set the midi channel 1 output to Bus 1 which is the audio track hosting the reverb.

@Rodolfo said:
    Hope this helps.

@richardyot said:

You don’t use Bus 1, but Aux 1 as input on the channel with the effect plugin. You simply use the Aux send knob on the source channel to adjust the amount of dry signal sent to the effect.

• Its weird
    I got the meters all moving up and sown so i know signal is coming in and set the audio channel as AUX 1, i also went to the channel’s PAN/AUX option top right corner of channel strip and enabled Aux 1 in toggle switch. But still mo sound🤯

• It worked!😌❤️🙏☝️ Rebooted ipad.😂😇

• @Tones4Christ

You can addition route the auxes out into AUM.
    That way the only limitations are the strength of your
    iPad and you have to record the stereo mix in AUM.
    Routing the Master Mix back into Auria Pro
    is possible but prone to clicks.

Screenshot for my Auria Pro Aux session in AUM.

The first four channels.

• I’m just gonna have to use Auria as an effects processor cause it’s really unstable. ☹️
    Only thing is how to i send the audio outs of Auria back into AUM for mastering the outs.

• edited January 2020

@Tones4Christ said:
    I’m just gonna have to use Auria as an effects processor cause it’s really unstable. ☹️
    Only thing is how to i send the audio outs of Auria back into AUM for mastering the outs.

I don't blame you. I hadn't opened it in a couple months, and none of my projects would load properly. And had the aux send problem as well. Things were so glitchy/slow I had to delete and reinstall and just say screw it to what I lost, but I'm not gonna touch it anymore til an update.

• Only reason I always go back to it is cause of my investment into the fabfilter and because it has two amazing apps: Saturn and Timeless. So i go back and although my knowledge of midi has increased due to all the awesome help here, i still scratch my head on the workflow. I still get connections of midi going just fine after i get the workflow, but like yesterday, i tried to load SynthMaster One and it just didn’t work. I know this is a known issue and might not be AP’s issue but things like these just kills inspiration.

• Does it work for mixing and mastering? I'd heard that that was its strength. It has really powerful midi editing tools, but the midi timeline interface is a bit meh unfortunately.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Only reason I always go back to it is cause of my investment into the fabfilter and because it has two amazing apps: Saturn and Timeless. So i go back and although my knowledge of midi has increased due to all the awesome help here, i still scratch my head on the workflow. I still get connections of midi going just fine after i get the workflow, but like yesterday, i tried to load SynthMaster One and it just didn’t work. I know this is a known issue and might not be AP’s issue but things like these just kills inspiration.

I just loaded Synthmaster One in MIDI and audio tracks and it’s working fine for me.
    What kind of issue are you experiencing with it? Maybe I can help.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    I’m just gonna have to use Auria as an effects processor cause it’s really unstable. ☹️

I don't blame you. I hadn't opened it in a couple months, and none of my projects would load properly. And had the aux send problem as well. Things were so glitchy/slow I had to delete and reinstall and just say screw it to what I lost, but I'm not gonna touch it anymore til an update.

Almost exactly ditto.

• @cian said:
    Does it work for mixing and mastering? I'd heard that that was its strength. It has really powerful midi editing tools, but the midi timeline interface is a bit meh unfortunately.

It works for me, I just released an album entirely mixed in Auria Pro, with songs of more than 40 tracks and worked reasonably fine for me. The UI/UX is a bit outdated and more based on a desktop workflow, but its capabilities are way ahead of any other DAW on IOS.

• When i load SM1 all hell breaks loose😇🤯😳
    Like if i load it as AU, i get a kinds of distorted sound like SM1 was at 48hkz while my project is at 44.1 hhz sort of speak. I did like how solid it does feel loading Funk Drummer and having it sync tightly with AP. But i guess, im gonna keep on keeping on cause i do like it a lot, just like i said, might be user error. I also noticed that midi recording is actually not that bad either. I think the issue is trying to undo the workflow one learns from say NS2 or X2. And suddenly adapt to AP’s midi workflow. You know, I’m gonna give it another go. I liked how it synced really tightly with Roland Zenbeats, and i was able to get drum loops going in Zenbeats while recording a midi track into AP.

• SM1 working great! It was a preset that was sending my cpu to the sky!🤣😳
    Changed preset and wow! Beautiful!

Rodolfo said:

@cian said:
    Does it work for mixing and mastering? I'd heard that that was its strength. It has really powerful midi editing tools, but the midi timeline interface is a bit meh unfortunately.

It works for me, I just released an album entirely mixed in Auria Pro, with songs of more than 40 tracks and worked reasonably fine for me. The UI/UX is a bit outdated and more based on a desktop workflow, but its capabilities are way ahead of any other DAW on IOS.

@Rodolfo said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Only reason I always go back to it is cause of my investment into the fabfilter and because it has two amazing apps: Saturn and Timeless. So i go back and although my knowledge of midi has increased due to all the awesome help here, i still scratch my head on the workflow. I still get connections of midi going just fine after i get the workflow, but like yesterday, i tried to load SynthMaster One and it just didn’t work. I know this is a known issue and might not be AP’s issue but things like these just kills inspiration.

I just loaded Synthmaster One in MIDI and audio tracks and it’s working fine for me.
    What kind of issue are you experiencing with it? Maybe I can help.

• @Tones4Christ
    What iPad model are you using?
    If you are using a newer device keep in mind that they are stuck at 48KHz when using speakers or most headphones, so if you set Auria Pro to 44.1 KHz then all plugins must respond to the host sample rate and not the device.
    This is an issue for many synths that only respond to the device sample rate and not the one set by the host (Synthmaster is one of them). So, if that is the case I would suggest that you set the project at 48KHz to avoid issues with misbehaving plugins.

• I have the 2017 iPad 9.7. Old but still rocks! Thanks will check.

• @Tones4Christ Glad you managed to sort it out.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I have the 2017 iPad 9.7. Old but still rocks! Thanks will check.

I’m using an old Air 2 and an iPad Pro 9.7 1st gen, but they are still working great with Auria Pro.

• @Tones4Christ said:

Auria Pro audio outs which you can find under
    'Inter-App Audio', in AUM on channel inputs.
    Auria Pro comes up with ,'Multiple Ports'.

Aux 1 through to 6
    Subgroups 1 through to 8
    Master Out.

All in stereo so quite feasible you can have 15 stereo outs.

I will say Auria Pro is most stable at the moment
    when only using it for audio files and recording.
    Using AUM to host the effects makes
    for an almost complete mixing system.

• Super awesome! Just what i needed!🙏😌❤️❤️

@Gravitas said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Aux 1 through to 6
    Subgroups 1 through to 8
    Master Out.

• @cian said:

Yes it is absolutely great for that.

Every single one fo my tracks ends up in Auria, and I genuinely never have problems - no crashing, no corrupted projects, it's absolutely rock solid.

I'm guessing that the issues people have are caused by specific AUs.

My workflow is to compose and arrange in any number of DAW-like apps, either GarageBand, Cubasis, Gadget, or Nanostusio 2, and then export stems to Auria for mixing and tracking vocals.

I do use many AUv3 effects when mixing (MagicDeathEye, ReAmp, Toneboosters Reelbus and Morphit and fair few others) and simply never encounter problems. However I do make extensive use of the Auria native plugins (which are very stable) instead of AUv3 if possible.

Anyway this specific workflow is definitely very stable and reliable. However it's very likely that hosting MIDI AUv3 synths etc is more likely to be problematic by all accounts.

• @Gravitas said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Aux 1 through to 6
    Subgroups 1 through to 8
    Master Out.

Thanks, I was going to give up on AP again as projects which work fine one day, just become glitch and crackle fests on another. Gonna bus it all out to AUM as you suggest and see how I get on.

• edited January 2020

@Tones4Christ @zeropoint

This is my AUM template without effects for Auria Pro

This one doesn't have the sub groups.

Edit.

Here's the Dropbox link instead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63odyc2f919ebxg/AUM + Auria Pro Aux without FX.aumproj?dl=0

• @Gravitas ....wow, thanks man. Downloading now....

• Actually , the link to the file is not showing... ?