Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WIKI - front page

edited May 2019 in Wiki

thread to discuss improving the front page.

@syrupcore : in case you are interested the following code when in a page at the root level will create a table of contents that lists the pages with clickable links, title, summary, date and tags columns

~~DIR:?namespacename&list&ucnames&cols=page;desc;date;tags;&skip=playground:;wiki:;talk:;user:;~~

I'm not sure how/where best to use that. You seem to be thinking about the entry page. So, I thought I'd mention it in case it seemed useful.

Comments

• edited May 2019

Not sure how best to handle this since navigation is flat. The list that ~~DIR renders is pretty long and will only grow with time. Maybe the start page should stick with the tag cloud and then we can link to another page with the full TOC? For the sake of conversation, I've added the full list here https://wiki.audiob.us/navigation_experiments

Couple of other related thoughts...

I'm not convinced there's much value in the desc field—mostly a smashed up version of the content. Do pages have a way to set a specific description?

We should consider a way for people, particularly contributors, to see activity on talk pages. As it is, someone adds something to a talk page but it's like a tree falling in the woods! Or maybe we could decide to move all wiki page "talk" to forum threads? I dunno.

• @syrupcore : you are probably right. a t.o.c. will be ugly and unwieldy. between the tag cloud and the page search (which may be the most likely way of finding what you are looking for) that may be sufficient -- and at some point it might make sense to have links to commonly sought destination pages (which might themselves be thoughtful indexes).

maybe we can have just a link to a start page for contributors (for the time-being author_tips but that'll probably change), the search box in a central location and the tag cloud and a link to recent additions/changes (but not the one that site tools has).

re: talk pages. I think one can manually subscribe to a talk page -- i'll check that out.

i don't know if people have noticed, but you can subscribe to particular pages or even the whole wiki.

for the time being, I think we are probably best off using the forum's wiki category for page "talk". I'll add to the to-do list (not sure if you saw the things-to-do that I added in wiki) to look into better notification/handling of talk pages. feel free to add stuff to it as well. (true for anyone)

• I've added the "changes" plugin which provides a mechanism for listing new and/or recently modified and/or deleted files. The pagelist plugin is also available to augment if it that would be useful.

"changes" can also list in namespaces (or exclude name spaces). so, we could have a page "recent talk activity" to which there is a link on the main page.

I've added a 'wiki expert' page with information about plugins such as that that might be interesting to advanced users:

https://wiki.audiob.us/wiki/expert_user_reference

@syrupcore: some of these might be useful in refining the welcome/landing page

• I've gone ahead and created a provisional "What's New" page and added a link to it on the welcome page. Don't be shy about improving it.

• I have mocked up a provisional replacement for the current start page:

https://wiki.audiob.us/playground/landingprovisional

Thoughts?

Any objections?

• I like it.

• I like it too!

• Accessibility link best practice note: try to avoid linking "here", "click here", "learn more", etc. Instead, link text that conveys what will be found on the other side of the link.

For people who navigate with a screen reader, 'here' links are a pain. Screen readers will scan a page for links and read them aloud (just like sighted users visually scan a page for links). When your screen reader just repeatedly says (in a shitty computer voice): "Here, Here, Click Here, More, Here..." it's hulk-smash inducing. :)

Sometimes it requires rewriting the text around it but it's usually pretty easy.

A list of the most recent changes are [here].

Becomes something like:

You can browse a list of the most [recent changes].

or (with the verb)

You can [browse a list of the most recent changes].

• @syrupcore said:
    Accessibility link best practice note: try to avoid linking "here", "click here", "learn more", etc. Instead, link text that conveys what will be found on the other side of the link.

For people who navigate with a screen reader, 'here' links are a pain. Screen readers will scan a page for links and read them aloud (just like sighted users visually scan a page for links). When your screen reader just repeatedly says (in a shitty computer voice): "Here, Here, Click Here, More, Here..." it's hulk-smash inducing. :)

Sometimes it requires rewriting the text around it but it's usually pretty easy.

Becomes something like:

or (with the verb)

Tx. I'll change those. And if there are other things that would improve the page feel free to make them. I probably won't get back to the wiki till tomorrow morning.

• @espiegel123 said:

@syrupcore said:
    Accessibility link best practice note: try to avoid linking "here", "click here", "learn more", etc. Instead, link text that conveys what will be found on the other side of the link.

Becomes something like:

or (with the verb)

Tx. I'll change those. And if there are other things that would improve the page feel free to make them. I probably won't get back to the wiki till tomorrow morning.

The new front page is live. Feel free to improve it.

• You mean, like with my picture, right?