Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus plugin app switching

Hi @Michael - minor one but I’ve seen it mentioned in threads so thought it was worth submitting.

In AB3, is there a reason why the app plugin logo doesn’t take you to the app plugin itself and you have to click the white arrow next to it instead? I can never get used to that for some reason and still hit the app icon over and over, especially when recording live.

Thx!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited January 2019

Touching the app icon collapses or expands the buttons for that app. How would you envision replacing that functionality if touching the icon switched to the app instead?

• @wim said:
    Touching the app icon collapses or expands the buttons for that app. How would you envision replacing that functionality if touching the icon switched to the app instead?

Ah... yes, that makes sense. I have never used the app buttons with AB3 (and I’m probably missing out on great functionality right there 😬). I just jump around from plugin to plugin).

I will get used to it! 👍

• Here’s the manual if anyone else is like me and just jumps in without really knowing what they’re doing lol https://audiob.us/help

• What they said :lol:

• I found that strange at the beginning as well, as "Touch an icon = open that app" is a very deeply entrenched UI convention and probably as deep in the subconscious as breathing ;) maybe another mode such as "single-tap icon to switch, double-tap to collapse" could be introduced? (That would also get rid of the switching button and make room in the already crowded sidebar.)

• I get used to. It’s much more useful IMO to have all options visible, like transport/record, Loopy count, Blocs wave recording options, etc. A single/double tap option is not a bad idea, but should be a pain to use with more than 5 apps.

• Map a midi controller to each app in the switcher, then you can just hit hardware buttons to switch direct to any app.

• Maybe if the app-icon would switch to the app on double-tab, and on the single tab still opens up the apps remote contols ?

One could remove the switch-to-app icon, but many apps don‘t have extra remote controls and for these it would seem as nothing happens on single-tap. Thats why i would keep the switch-to-app icon and make the double tap just an additional feature.