Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What’s your favourite dj app?

Now it seems Traktor Dj app is going to be updated it’s about time to know how djing on iPad is in 2018/2019.
Perfect excuse to discuss also :wink:

Audiob.us users using dj apps....
  1. Which app do you prefer?43 votes
    1. Djay/Djay Pro
      34.88%
    2. Traktor
      20.93%
    3. Dj Player Pro
        9.30%
    4. Mixvibes Cross
        9.30%
    5. Ddjj
        6.98%
    6. Soda
        6.98%
    7. Other: comment which one.
        4.65%
    8. Other platform such Serato, Traktor, Rekordbox on desktop/laptop computer
        6.98%

Comments

• edited September 2018

Virtual DJ is the most advanced DJ software available if you know how to script and theme, and since Adion Joined (DJDecks developer) the scratch algorithm has become as top notch as DJDecks was, add to this the fact that they don't lock you in to certain hardware, it is the tightest DVS software by a mile when coupled with an RME RPM/Digiscratch, also it is very lightweight and incredibly stable, there is a reason it is the most installed system, so that is my main choice for general use.

DJ Player Pro is by far the best on IOS, it is incredibly stable with even the trickiest of audio files and the DVS is close to the best on any platform, easily competes with Serato/VDJ/Traktor for feel, the latest version has sorted out the interface quite a bit and the support for external drives and NAS and so on is superb, this could easily become my main software at some point.

Mixfader is great for practicing scratching on the PT01 with the Mixfader hardware, this is still fairly new to me right now, but it definitely has quite a nice feel for practices.

Every DJ should know how to use Recordbox/Traktor/Serato, just for safety.

• @Turntablist said:
    Virtual DJ is the most advanced DJ software available if you know how to script and theme, and since Adion Joined (DJDecks developer) the scratch algorithm has become as top notch as DJDecks was, add to this the fact that they don't lock you in to certain hardware, it is the tightest DVS software by a mile when coupled with an RME RPM/Digiscratch, also it is very lightweight and incredibly stable, there is a reason it is the most installed system, so that is my main choice for general use.

DJ Player Pro is by far the best on IOS, it is incredibly stable with even the trickiest of audio files and the DVS is close to the best on any platform, easily competes with Serato/VDJ/Traktor for feel, the latest version has sorted out the interface quite a bit and the support for external drives and NAS and so on is superb, this could easily become my main software at some point.

Mixfader is great for practicing scratching on the PT01 with the Mixfader hardware, this is still fairly new to me right now, but it definitely has quite a nice feel for practices.

Every DJ should know how to use Recordbox/Traktor/Serato, just for safety.

I forgot vdj!!!
    Yup these are great but once again which makes best lr worst dependems on user and that’s why I started the poll... to check others users workflow and taste :wink:

• I would like a DJ app that doesn’t require ITunes. I’d like to export a song straight out of an app into a DJ app. Soda can do it and it’s got a lot of cool other features. What holds me back from it and a lot of other IOS DJ apps I s the possibility of a crash.

• DjDj is my favourite. Using it since release day. Easily imports from AudioShare, or uses Document Picker for Files access. It replaced TraktorDJ. I don’t miss Native Instruments on iOS. Recently had a cull of NI desktop software, the only remaining NI software on my pc is Reaktor6 (for the awesome Moog (gooM) Mother32, Dfam, Subharmonicon, and Grandmother clones)

• edited September 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:
    I would like a DJ app that doesn’t require ITunes. I’d like to export a song straight out of an app into a DJ app. Soda can do it and it’s got a lot of cool other features. What holds me back from it and a lot of other IOS DJ apps I s the possibility of a crash.

If you dont mind subscription then DJPP is what you want, full files support, I have yet to see a crash report on a stable release, and in Betas it is normally fixed within days.
    Personally i don't normally do subscription, but $50 for five years or whatever it is, in this case is worth it based on the developers record for superb big updates.

• Well I had to pick since I use it consistently for gigs, but if I had to pick an iPad app it would be Djay Pro hands down.

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Now it seems Traktor Dj app is going to be updated it’s about time to know how djing on iPad is in 2018/2019.

What about you?

• Traktor still has the most logical layout for me, and the best use of effects and EQ/filter settings as well. The sound quality was always the low point of the app, but it sounds like perhaps this is getting fixed shortly with the update to the latest Elastique algorithm. If I'm Djing with the ipad and not my S8 and laptop, I'm fine with everything being synced automatically, since it fits the kinds of music I play too.

I do like how seamlessly djay Pro has integrated iCloud syncing though, the iPhone and iPad apps sync cues almost instantly. Sadly, still no loop points can be saved in djay, which is something i use all the time.

• edited September 2018

DJ player does a few things better than some others imo. Like the effects

• Dj Player Pro for sure. If you like dev communication then there’s no better. His betas are all brainstormed on Slack for the best ideas. Djay is ok. I like Spotify integration, but it’s sync is just weird. You can’t play with hot cues and have everything stay in sync. I love to use hp/lp filters while mixing but it’s got god awful sounding filters with too much res you can’t adjust. DJPP has silky filters, Deezer integration, you can midi map it to anything, and it’s usb audio compliant. Traktor DJ is kind of a wildcard now. It could be sweet it could suck. If they lock you into their hardware only again it’ll suck.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Dubbylabby said:

What about you?

Mainly Traktor Pro user after years dabbling with Ms.Pinky and maxforlive. In iOS after djplayer gone subscription model and I left turntables Djay Pro.
    Also djing live with launchpad app now Ableton again as you know why...
    ;)

• @Turntablist said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    I would like a DJ app that doesn’t require ITunes. I’d like to export a song straight out of an app into a DJ app. Soda can do it and it’s got a lot of cool other features. What holds me back from it and a lot of other IOS DJ apps I s the possibility of a crash.

If you dont mind subscription then DJPP is what you want, full files support, I have yet to see a crash report on a stable release, and in Betas it is normally fixed within days.
    Personally i don't normally do subscription, but $50 for five years or whatever it is, in this case is worth it based on the developers record for superb big updates.

There’s also an EP version for casual use it seems. No mention of Files support that I can see on the App Store so thanks for the tip. I’ll investigate further B)

• Soda is a great idea but it never had a great feel for me. Traktor may not have all the features but to me it feels natual and ideal.

• Second round... Still no traktor dj app update and djpp going desktop...

Thoughts? Votes?

• I nearly own all DJ apps, but still going back to Pacemaker because of it's simpleness. 2nd in use Soda and after that Traktor. DJDJ promised much but hardly use it.

• @mannix said:
    I nearly own all DJ apps, but still going back to Pacemaker because of it's simpleness. 2nd in use Soda and after that Traktor. DJDJ promised much but hardly use it.

I just use Djay Pro for pool parties and no other djing need on the horizon but if so, probably Traktor for its remix decks and turntable control but just as hobbie/for fun. I’m so happy learning piano lately :blush:

• DJDJ. Link equipped!

• Djay 2. I learned on turntables, so I like as few bells and whistles as possible, and want the dj setup to actually reflect that experience. It's shocking how many DJ apps these days try to do anything but. I don't want sync functions, no key lock, no "user aids". I want to use my ears and beatmatch like I was on a pair of decks with a mixer and a crate of vinyl.

With that said, selection's important, so the Spotify access is incomparable to any competition.

My ultimate dream is Djay 2 or Djay Pro implementing DVS support for the iOS version (I know Pro has the option on Mac/PC, I'm using Traktor there thank you very much). My current compromise is Djay 2 and the Pioneer WeGo4 controller. It's far from ideal but it does the job.

• @CalCutta said:
    With that said, selection's important, so the Spotify access is incomparable to any competition.

Just for completeness: DJPP has Deezer support. ;)

Currently looking into the new Djay...

• There is a lot of options for distribution, it has never been easier. If you want to get popular, though, it can get tricky. I am thinking about doing a remix first and I am using this handy guide on doing it right: https://musiety.com/how-to-remix-a-song-the-whole-way/ I think it's the best way, for now.

• DJDJ. Hands down. Link enabled!

• I got the Cross DJ on sale for $4.
    I have never used any other DJ apps before, and this is pretty easy to figure out.
    It has Files access, and no subscription hassles.

The track analysis doesn’t seem that accurate, but I figured out how to adjust the beat grid and BPM manually. Kind of a pain, though.

• @Morgman73 said:
    DJDJ. Hands down. Link enabled!

Is that one listed as ddjj in the poll?
    Sorry to be so nooby. :#

• Just picked up a NI Traktor Z1 to use with the Traktor iOS app, works great! Even on the new iPad Pro 11" with USB-C, I tried multiple adaptors and all seem to work fine. Great little portable set up that still gives you lots of hands on control. Sweet.

• @CracklePot, Not sure but this is from the developer who created SeekBeats and I’m telling you it’s great. I’ve tried every DJ app available and I was about to give up because I just couldn’t find something that would work well or read all files, ect, ect. This app isn’t only great for mixing but an amazing tool in the track creation process. I can’t give it enough praise. Love it.

• I think a lot of people, including myself overlook the DJDJ app just based on its simple GUI, but it was my last look into iOS DJ apps and I’m super glad I took a look at it. It’s really good.

• @Morgman73 said:
    @CracklePot, Not sure but this is from the developer who created SeekBeats and I’m telling you it’s great. I’ve tried every DJ app available and I was about to give up because I just couldn’t find something that would work well or read all files, ect, ect. This app isn’t only great for mixing but an amazing tool in the track creation process. I can’t give it enough praise. Love it.

+1. I suspect it's a little bit of a niche market in the DJ market but for those in that niche it's just perfect.

• AudioShare, Link, midi, efx arrangement. For me I don’t need much more.

• @Morgman73 said:
    @CracklePot, Not sure but this is from the developer who created SeekBeats and I’m telling you it’s great. I’ve tried every DJ app available and I was about to give up because I just couldn’t find something that would work well or read all files, ect, ect. This app isn’t only great for mixing but an amazing tool in the track creation process. I can’t give it enough praise. Love it.

Cool! Thanks for the info. B)
    I see there is a free lite version, so I am going to check it out.
    I love Seekbeats, so this is is going to be fun for sure.