Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elektron analog heat for ios?

Hi all!
Is there anything like the elektron analog heat for ios? I don’t even know what such effect is called but it sure sounds very nice. Thanks

Comments

• Its a distortion pedal with many types of distortion circuits. Theres a ton of different distortion apps, you can use the guitar amp sims, like bias fx or tonestack, or audio damages grind is a nice au distortion fx, fuzz distortion from audio damage is free afaik.

• @ToMess thanks I’ll try AD’s stuff, their effects are very high quality

• Yes, Amp/Cab sims are certainly a good way to go.
    I've had my experiments with Grind but the lack of user shaping curves makes it rather limited to what AD thought distortion should sound like.
    Flection seems to be a more flexible solution (although not an AU).
    The best option might be to use Audulus 3 (soon to be released as AUv3) to create the transfer function you desire and spice it up with other FX, at least that's what I did when I wanted a specific sound.

• @rs2000 I have audulus 3, I never took the time to learn it properly. Ausulus seems powerful but difficult. Lack of knowledge, skills and time is the reason I haven’t invested in it yet.

• edited November 2018

Sugrbytes WOW 2 and Fabfilter Saturn together make a pretty tough team to beat.
    Not to compare them to Analog Heat but You should be very happy with the results.

• Fabfilter saturn

• I am always looking for some cruuuuunch on my beats. RX950 , Lo-Fly Dirt and DAW LP are the crustiest I got

• Thanks for all suggestions.
    Isn’t the fabfilter saturn for auria only?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Degrader’s got some nice algos for grit/crunch...

BIngo

Not much Klev apps don't do amazing.

• @Dawdles I watched som videos of degrader, it sounds very good. Thanks

• 4pockets overdrive/distortion

emulates valve overdrive, jfet overdrive, crunch, and tube distortion.

the presets seem to indicate different algo's, but i've not contacted the developer to confirm.

also has compressor/limiter, gain control of drive and output, lp and h/p non resonant filters (pre or post), tone/parametric equaliser.

it sounds very authentic. the most accurate i've heard on ios (i've not used saturn on ios, but have on laptop).

i still haven't tried it pre/post amplifier emulations or IR's.

equally great on guitar, drums, drum machines, synthesizers, samples.

i haven't tried elektron analog heat (1 or 2), but have used many types of hardware distortion, waveshapers, overdrives, amplifiers, non linear processors.

• edited November 2018

since bit crushing/sample rate reduction has been brought up, i'd suggest trying elsa sampler in the fx slot.

elsa fx: bit reduction (allows non integer as well), sample rate reduction, and 3 types of rounding; floor, ceiling and round. i find elsa more flexible than klegrand degrader, and i prefer it's sound.

If you have AUM, there are some built-in dynamics options; gain, hard clip, saturation, and peak limiting, with cut and boost for each algo.

• Interesting about Elsa!

• edited November 2018

Not AU but Holderness Media's Caramel still sounds great to my ears. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/caramel-crunch-and-crusher-effects-processor/id883581594?mt=8

• @frond said:
    4pockets overdrive/distortion

emulates valve overdrive, jfet overdrive, crunch, and tube distortion.

the presets seem to indicate different algo's, but i've not contacted the developer to confirm.

also has compressor/limiter, gain control of drive and output, lp and h/p non resonant filters (pre or post), tone/parametric equaliser.

it sounds very authentic. the most accurate i've heard on ios (i've not used saturn on ios, but have on laptop).

i still haven't tried it pre/post amplifier emulations or IR's.

equally great on guitar, drums, drum machines, synthesizers, samples.

i haven't tried elektron analog heat (1 or 2), but have used many types of hardware distortion, waveshapers, overdrives, amplifiers, non linear processors.

Thanks for sharing this! Just had a session with 4pockets overdrive, and am v.impressed with the sounds! Only issue I had was some of the controls are a bit jumpy/hard to get precise values, but overall still v.nice :smile:

• edited November 2018

k-devices shaper and saffron saturator are useful.

blamsoft resampler is another useful bit reduction/sample rate reduction effect.

@rs2000 said:

I've had my experiments with Grind but the lack of user shaping curves makes it rather limited to what AD thought distortion should sound like.
    Flection seems to be a more flexible solution (although not an AU).

grind's traditional and non traditional algo's are really good, especially when you play with the input/output levels.

i really love the wavetable transfer function part of grind, especially when manipulating window and phase. i'm with you in wishing for the ability to import my own though. have you made that request with audio damage?

i don't own Flection. been curious. no one seems to talk about it.

is it unique when compared to other waveshapers on ios?

• @frond said:
    i really love the wavetable transfer function part of grind, especially when manipulating window and phase. i'm with you in wishing for the ability to import my own though. have you made that request with audio damage?

I've given up trying to communicate with AudioDamage using info_at_audiodamage.com. Maybe there's a secret mail address that works better?
    I have sent two suggestions for improvements to AD:
    RatshackReverb: Add a switch to be able to not include the original signal in the delay. Currently, a lo-fi version of the original is always included, and you don't usually want this when using a delay as a send effect.
    Dubstation: More resolution in the short delay times, less in the longer times.
    I haven't even received a response. Maybe you have to know them personally to get an ear?

i don't own Flection. been curious. no one seems to talk about it.

is it unique when compared to other waveshapers on ios?

I don't own it myself but from the description it looks like it could deliver.
    I have my own 'weird' solution with Audulus 3, at least for IAA, hopefully soon as AUv3, in which I can draw the shaper curve myself. I'm mostly using it with AudioShare.

• @rs2000 said:

I've given up trying to communicate with AudioDamage
    I have my own 'weird' solution with Audulus 3

i'll try as well. i've contacted them twice and received a response once. i'll add your requests to mine.

i'll start a thread for some feedback about Flection.

haven't had the energy for audulus 3 yet. have explored jasuto and sunvox a little for waveshaping and transfer function approaches, but i always assume a coder will do better. in past i would use a wiard waveform city (as processor) and metasonix hellfire modulator for these types of effects. i prefer the ipad.