Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Want to hear your grand finale mastered tunes..

If you have tracks that you've finished off with grand finale or used at all... Link me !
I know how to master but I'm lazy 😂 and pressed for time and curious how well she sounds
Thanks 📡📡📡

Comments

• A little bit of a bump as I too would like to hear some finished projects done in Grand Finale also!

• Basically everything on my soundcloud.

Some thoughts - admittedly, I have very little experience and skill with mastering. I have no problem mixing down, but the secret sauce of that finishing touch is not something I’m comfortable with. I find (and others have commented) that Grand Finale seems to suck the punch out of drums. Depending on what you’re writing, this might not matter much.

For someone who understands the controls under the hood on GF I suspect it can be fixed, but for someone like me the hand is pretty much led by the presets (which aren’t bad, imo, but I do notice many of them just crush the life out of the drums).

• @icsleepers well that track is beautiful! Sounds great on my iPad

• Thanks @MichaelLawrence - pretty much everything I’ve been doing over the last few months is at the very end run through Grand Finale and then A/B’ed on a few different sound sources. By and large I find the Grand Finale version more to my liking than native export from either Auxy or GarageBand, but, curious how other people’s experience with it is too!

• @reasOne said:
    If you have tracks that you've finished off with grand finale or used at all... Link me !
    I know how to master but I'm lazy 😂 and pressed for time and curious how well she sounds
    Thanks 📡📡📡

There is also audio mastering iOS from the developer who created synthscaper, it has option to process audio at a higher sample rate of 96khz if you have an external audio device.

• This one has been “finished” in Grand Final. It pumps a little bit too much imo but still I like it

• My latest does...

Infact most if not all of my tracks since GF have employed it... some were a stronger brew than others... depends on what I like ... I trust my ear, if it over emphasises something I don’t like, I dial in lower compression, a couple have had less than 5% compression.
    I like it, it is handy on the go when I’m not work8nh on my Mac.
    :)

• Grand Finale was the last stop here

• @waynerowand said:
    Grand Finale was the last stop here

Nice! What did you use to make the video, if I may ask?

• @silent1 Wizibel by Klevgrand

• i just grabbed it, and tested a track....but where do the EXPORT too ??? haha cant find it

• @id_23 said:
    My latest does...

Infact most if not all of my tracks since GF have employed it... some were a stronger brew than others... depends on what I like ... I trust my ear, if it over emphasises something I don’t like, I dial in lower compression, a couple have had less than 5% compression.
    I like it, it is handy on the go when I’m not work8nh on my Mac.
    :)

this is dope, i actually follow you on BC and just got an email you released something yesterday, need to peep that out

• @waynerowand said:
    Grand Finale was the last stop here

this is really nice! played it a couple times

• @cuscolima said:
    This one has been “finished” in Grand Final. It pumps a little bit too much imo but still I like it

def got some pump but its smooth and sounds good with the mix! dope track

• @icsleepers said:
    Basically everything on my soundcloud.

Some thoughts - admittedly, I have very little experience and skill with mastering. I have no problem mixing down, but the secret sauce of that finishing touch is not something I’m comfortable with. I find (and others have commented) that Grand Finale seems to suck the punch out of drums. Depending on what you’re writing, this might not matter much.

For someone who understands the controls under the hood on GF I suspect it can be fixed, but for someone like me the hand is pretty much led by the presets (which aren’t bad, imo, but I do notice many of them just crush the life out of the drums).

this is a great jam! and i feel like the drums are blended in very nice, i can see how this app could squash down the punch after using it once, but i still think itll be better than my raw cubasis mixdown haha

• digging the vocal cuts! that back ground synth is hypnotizing!!

• @icsleepers I have to start using it more

• edited June 2018

Made this one a couple months ago. I think Grand Finale is great but I don't use it enough. I've been on a dry spell the last 2 months so nothing to master :( lol

• @reasOne Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

• @waynerowand said:
    @reasOne Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

def man!
    after you export from GF....where can i find the file LOL, i dont see it anywhere

• @reasOne After it renders, you should see options as to where to send it.

• @waynerowand said:
    @reasOne After it renders, you should see options as to where to send it.

hmmm thats strange, it gives me no options... i just posted a screen capture of my render process in the ipad musician FB group if you are in there i am illektron tapes on facebook

• @reasOne Did some digging. This thread talks about export issues. Sorry you’re having problems. https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/23433/grand-finale-by-klevgrand/p5

• @waynerowand said:
    @reasOne Did some digging. This thread talks about export issues. Sorry you’re having problems. https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/23433/grand-finale-by-klevgrand/p5

Thanks bud !
    Read thru that and did a iPad reboot and it's working.... For now hah

• @reasOne said:

digging the vocal cuts! that back ground synth is hypnotizing!!

Thank you.
    That is the only track I have mastered in Grand Finale (just picked it up last week)
    I have always used Final Touch in the past. It is also quite good.

• @icsleepers said:
    Basically everything on my soundcloud.

Like.
    Subscribe.

• @reasOne said:
    i can see how this app could squash down the punch after using it once, but i still think itll be better than my raw cubasis mixdown haha

Yeah, there is definitely more presence in the export from GF than what I get out of straight Auxy or GarageBand, I definitely prefer it. And thanks! :smiley:

• @reasOne said:

@waynerowand said:
    @reasOne Did some digging. This thread talks about export issues. Sorry you’re having problems. https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/23433/grand-finale-by-klevgrand/p5

Thanks bud !

Had same issue on iPad, not on phone yet. I was getting SUPER IRATE and then was like “well screw it i’ll Reboot” - feel like that should be the go to lol instead of trying all kinds of crazy crap :blush:

• @icsleepers said:

@reasOne said:

@waynerowand said:

Thanks bud !

Had same issue on iPad, not on phone yet. I was getting SUPER IRATE and then was like “well screw it i’ll Reboot” - feel like that should be the go to lol instead of trying all kinds of crazy crap :blush:

Haha I tried everything else first before rebooting 😂😂😂 sheesh... It should be the go to from now on lol
    I was about to break stuff 😆
    I didn't want to reboot cuz I had a nice app session going that I wasn't ready to destroy yet