Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus not working ios 6.1.2

edited February 2013 in General App Discussion

Just made the mistake of upgrading my ipad 3 4th gen to the new ios 6.1.2. Now audiobus is not working with animoog, sunrizer and ikaosolator.

The only reason I decided to update to ios 6.1.2 was because i was having problems getting my ipad 3 4thgen ios 6.1 to work consistently with animoog. Now total fail for the time being on many audiobus apps with ios 6.1.2

Anyone else having similar problems?

Thanks

Comments

• Never upgrade the iOS. Can you restore?

• "Never upgrade the iOS" not the best advice... Anyhow I have iPad3 and it works fine for me after updating.

• You are correct about using caution before upgrading new ios versions. But I was having problems with the old ios 6.1 and animoog. So I upgraded to ios 6.1.2. But now after shutting down my ipad 3 4gen for a few minutes, all seems to be working nicely for the time being. I just loaded animoog,sunrizer ipad version and sunrizer iphone version in the input slots, then loaded multitrack daw into output, then fired up steppolyarc and genome and all is working very nicely together, for now anyways.

• I had a similar problem with an IOS update. I had lost the internet. I put the thing down for about 2 hours and it worked great after that. Not sure what the deal is, but it's almost like it isn't quite done tweeking the settings after the initial download.

Just set it aside for a bit and see what happens. I haven't upgraded myself so I don't know if it will mess up the Ipad 4 or not.

• Yes. What happens is it does not completely update on first shot. I shutdown ipad after updates now and restart.

• edited February 2013

I confess, I was being flippant. My serious view is that it's always risky to upgrade an OS when the apps you are depending on were built for older versions. All sorts of things can get broken. I usually wait for a while until it becomes clear what is being gained and what is being lost in a given update. Then I can make an informed decision. Sometimes an app is broken by an OS update, but is then itself updated to correct the problem, so waiting means that the app is still usable in the interim. The only reason I'm still using 5.1.1 on my iPad 2 is that everything is currently working perfectly (I would gain nothing by upgrading), and I would lose the ability to use iFunBox to access application folders if I did upgrade.

However, if you know you will gain more than you lose, of course you should upgrade.

• @PaulB It's all good man. I understand why you wouldn't want to update. I just don't feel it's the best advice to give anyone else. I think it's important to keep in mind that a lot of people can't trouble shoot problems like you do and need to ask developers for help. Not updating iOS is going to stop a lot of active developers from being able to help the person :-)

• Very true. Hadn't thought of that. :)

• what is an ipad 3 4th gen?

• edited February 2013

It's the one they released 3 months after the 3, and 3 months before the 4...

• Uh oh, iFunBox does not work with iOS 6 and above?

The only reason I upgraded from iOS 5 was to be able to use 3 or 4 apps that required the upgrade. Great so far on my iPad 3 but not so great on my iPod 4th gen.

I'll take a look at the iFunBox abilities later in hopes that it still works.

• edited February 2013

You can still access file share folders, just not the apps themselves, apparently.

• edited February 2013

Before I try to reproduce this, please tell me what you mean with iPad 3 4th gen. Is it an iPad 4 or iPad 3? I have both, but don't want to update both of them to iOS 6.1.2.

Also, is Animoog not working on its own or is it just not working within Audiobus?

Thanks!

• Hi Sebastian, the problem I have is with iPad 4 and iOS 6.12
    AudioBus doesn't see any of my 30+ apps and keeps on crashing like hell.
    I thought that you were aware of this bug and assured me that the fix is on its way ;)
    Sadly,I was forced to remove AudioBus permanently from my iPad because it just doesn't work anymore :(
    So when can we expect that forthcoming bug fix anyway..?

• edited February 2013

Are you by any chance the same Leslie as this guy over here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=360140&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

?

Also, if you're the same guy from the support emails, then there's really no point in opening up a thread about this. We've spent about an hour going through things and we've had a look at this potential bug. If we can reproduce it, we're going to fix it. So far you seem to be the only one having this problem.

• Hi Sebastian,
    Answer to 1st question - NO
    Answer to 2nd question - Yes
    Btw; I didn't open this topic and I'm sorry if I have offended you by adding my comment to it :(
    I am in a process of DFUing my iPad and reverting back to iOS 6.1
    PS; which version of iOS are you running on iPad 4?
    Kind regards

• I'm running iOS 6.1 on the iPad 4. I've tried iOS 6.1.2 on an iPad 3 and I've not had any problems with either.

As far as I know you can't revert your iPad back to another version without Jailbreaking it.

• oh snap! sebastian the detective...

From KVR Forum

Leslie wrote: BTW; iOS 6 includes AudioBus already, it is called audio interconnect

Nice work protecting the audiobus forum from trolls like they were mustached men hovering around your kids' playground.

• I have an ipad 3 3rd generation running ios 6.1 and no problems.

I also have an ipad 3 4th generation now running ios 6.1.2 . Audiobus will not open any apps in the input or output slots.

My ipad 3 4th gen running ios 6.1 worked with Audiobus.

So the problem here seems to be ios 6.1.2 (what a surprise)

Anyways, I am not worried because the Audiobus team seems to be light years ahead of most other companies in App Support and customer care.

• I've just tried to reproduce this and Audiobus on iOS 6.1.2 is fine on every device. No crashes whatsoever.

Please contact me via http://audiob.us/support so I can help more directly. It'd be great if you you send me some of your crash logs because it seems to be something specific with your device/setup.

Also: There is no iPad 3 4th generation. There's an iPad 3 and an iPad 4.

• Also: There is no iPad 3 4th generation. There's an iPad 3 and an iPad 4.

I think I've discovered the problem. Your iPad isn't real. You might have to go to the Orange Store's Savant Bar and see if they can help you with that.

• Just wanted to say that Kenzoid got back to me via mail and and everything seems to be working fine. Seems to have been a glitch with his iPad.

• edited February 2013

everythings working like a charm on my ipad 4 and 6.1.2 but theres always the hit or miss question that nobody asked yet: jailbreak?

• Sebastian, SUCCESS at last :)))
    This is what I did to make it work: out of desperation I have decided to delete AudioBus from my iPad, grabbed my backup cloned HD from 23rd of Dec 2012 and replaced AudioBus ver 1.02 in iTunes with the older 1.01 ver of AudioBus. Synced my iPad and with 1.01 installed checked for the behaviour. To my surprise ver 1.01 performed flawlessly. All apps were present, no crashing, no need to enter the Airplane mode, simply perfect. After hours of thorough testing, I have decided to update to 1.02 again and guess what, all my apps are still showing, there are no crashes or need to enter Airplane mode or use any other workaround, simply perfecto :)))
    Strange that just deleting 1.02 and reinstalling it did not make a difference, can't understand why?
    Corrupted copy sitting in my account in AppStore?
    Anyway all is good now and I'm back in AudioBus music making business.
    Thanks for you support and overwhelming patience,

Kind regards,

Leslie

• Hi audiobus crashes for me on both my ipad 2 and 4gs both running 6.1.2
    I though DM1 was supported by audiobus but it doesnt now appear in my input list when i thought it did before.

what happens is as soon as a launch any app from it it will gitch and crash . there should be several crash logs sent from yesterday. And one just now.

Strangely enough it works now and all my inputs are showing up.

The crash occured that when wi fi is on but there wa sno active connection and 3g . I could see only see a few items on the input list , others were replaced by the sping circle .. as if it was trying to update.

Anyway all good now at least on the iphone